In the tumult and missed opportunities of this launch, the frustration of many folks on Crackberry is only intensified by a lack of communication.

It would APPEAR that those who steer TCL, Blackberry Mobile, Blackberry and Crackberry have disappeared. No responses. No explanations. Not even "darn, this is bad."

This is really just about poor leadership.

Things don't always go well. For anybody or any company. Period. The challenge and responsibility is to be transparent and responsive, even and especially during tough times.

So, please, someone with some authority, just REPLY with as much information as you have. Or just reply and say, "I wish I had more information myself."

The phone might or might not be good; the leadership is just not.
    diesel0110 likes this.
    06-05-17 02:14 PM
    Except, that's not really accurate - https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12907822
    06-05-17 02:36 PM
    Hardly adequate, it seems to me. One reply from a marketeering voice buried in one thread, who neither addresses the systemic inability of people to obtain the device nor the apparently real problems people are having with the device. CBK's reply is not transparent and it is not responsive. It is just defensive.

But he is not the problem; he is a cheerleader, not a strategist, project manager, or communications director. Someone, presumably from TCL or Blackberry Mobile, should be responding with something other than "there's not really a problem," don't you think?
    06-05-17 02:53 PM
    Hardly adequate, it seems to me. One reply from a marketeering voice buried in one thread, who neither addresses the systemic inability of people to obtain the device nor the apparently real problems people are having with the device. CBK's reply is not transparent and it is not responsive. It is just defensive.

But he is not the problem; he is a cheerleader, not a strategist, project manager, or communications director. Someone, presumably from TCL or Blackberry Mobile, should be responding with something other than "there's not really a problem," don't you think?
    Agree, he nor CrackBerry are the issue.... if there is an issue outside of almost non-existent inventory, they don't have the answer and are probably just as disappointed about that phase of the launch. Quality control.... just not enough data on what the ratio is, but there will always be issues.
    06-05-17 03:11 PM
    I can't speak for them. You mentioned CrackBerry. I gave you a response from CrackBerry leadership, for which you went on to say it was not acceptable but also that CB leadership is not the problem. So, thanks for clearing up with whom your frustrations are directed.
    06-05-17 03:26 PM
    Dont know what this means, I work with a Canadian who follows this with me a BB fan. He walked over with coffe just now and said "response to the situation reminds him of Kathleen Wynn."
    06-05-17 03:28 PM
    Dont know what this means, I work with a Canadian who follows this with me a BB fan. He walked over with coffe just now and said "response to the situation reminds him of Kathleen Wynn."
    Ouch.
    06-05-17 04:09 PM
    Everything about the KEYone I have is awesome.
    hpjrt likes this.
    06-05-17 04:13 PM
    Except, that's not really accurate - https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12907822
    That doesn't answer the question of where the US versions are and when they will finally be widely available. I think that's what OP is asking for.
    06-05-17 04:23 PM
    That doesn't answer the question of where the US versions are and when they will finally be widely available. I think that's what OP is asking for.
    Who cares?? Without real tier-one US carrier support, AT&T/Verizon, this phone doesn't exist in the USA. Obviously, US carriers are watching UK and Canada results and probably aren't impressed anymore than with DTEK sales. They want to see TCL/BBMO write a check for shelf real estate large enough to replace some other small brand. Apple or the Flagship Androids write a check bigger than other companies total sales with that carrier. This is one reason Chen left hardware, no real money to compete.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 04:48 PM
    Well, you're right, I backed down in the name of not wanting to be directly confrontational. So, let me circle back and speak more candidly. Given that this site is now, as I understand it, funded by Blackberry Mobile, then, yes, it seems to me that you and Kevin have a responsibility to the constituency here. So, when you say "you can't speak for them," what are you saying? You don't know anything. Or you're not allowed to speak. Or you're just as dumbfounded as everyone else? I would think you want to be helpful instead of just coy.
    06-05-17 06:28 PM
    Well, you're right, I backed down in the name of not wanting to be directly confrontational. So, let me circle back and speak more candidly. Given that this site is now, as I understand it, funded by Blackberry Mobile, then, yes, it seems to me that you and Kevin have a responsibility to the constituency here. So, when you say "you can't speak for them," what are you saying? You don't know anything. Or you're not allowed to speak. Or you're just as dumbfounded as everyone else? I would think you want to be helpful instead of just coy.
    Funded by BlackBerry Mobile? Perhaps they get some money for the ads on the webpage, but it's not like they are bankrolling CB.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 06:41 PM
    looks at bank account, balance = -$230...if we are being paid by BBM then i must have missed the memo lol
    06-05-17 06:50 PM
    You didnt get the Cayman Bank info??
    06-05-17 06:53 PM
    Who cares?? Without real tier-one US carrier support, AT&T/Verizon, this phone doesn't exist in the USA. Obviously, US carriers are watching UK and Canada results and probably aren't impressed anymore than with DTEK sales. They want to see TCL/BBMO write a check for shelf real estate large enough to replace some other small brand. Apple or the Flagship Androids write a check bigger than other companies total sales with that carrier. This is one reason Chen left hardware, no real money to compete.

Posted via CB10
    Not only that, but there's not a lot of real money to be MADE, either, unless you can confident sell 10s of millions of phones. And if you'd risking 100s of millions of dollars, there are much better businesses to be in.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-05-17 07:00 PM