Thanks for your continued effort in this project!

One feedback, I realized that clicking on the keyboard buttons first time to bring up an app is very fast, however, when u are in an app and u pressed the home button to get back to home screen and then press the keyboard buttons to get to another app, there is a noticeable lag. This lag is not noticed when I am in an app and I pressed the keyboard button to switch to another app directly.

Not sure if this is due to the loading of the launcher.
    04-08-18 07:04 PM
    Thanks for your continued effort in this project!

One feedback, I realized that clicking on the keyboard buttons first time to bring up an app is very fast, however, when u are in an app and u pressed the home button to get back to home screen and then press the keyboard buttons to get to another app, there is a noticeable lag. This lag is not noticed when I am in an app and I pressed the keyboard button to switch to another app directly.

Not sure if this is due to the loading of the launcher.
    This is a launcher loading / redraw that has nothing to do with this app.

This issue is affecting different gestures and more in custom launchers.
    04-08-18 07:08 PM
    @joolz RK_BB is right, I've noticed the launcher lag as well, however that is something to do with the launcher (I'm still using the BlackBerry launcher). Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about it.
    @RK_BB I'm interested to know - where did you find out about this loading/redraw? Is there a thread somewhere?
    04-09-18 08:20 AM
    Hi all, I downloaded All in one gesture and I mapped my home button to the adw launcher. Now when I press the home button, it brings me to the adw launcher and I can press the keyboard buttons and start an app quickly. There is no lag this way. I don't think it's a redraw issue.
    Last edited by joolz; 04-09-18 at 08:38 AM.
    04-09-18 08:25 AM
    @joolz RK_BB is right, I've noticed the launcher lag as well, however that is something to do with the launcher (I'm still using the BlackBerry launcher). Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about it.
    @RK_BB I'm interested to know - where did you find out about this loading/redraw? Is there a thread somewhere?
    Here is link to the specific post; I recommend to review the entire thread.

More accurately, this seems to be a general issue with apps that require Accessibility Service:
    /blackberry-motion-f469/hub-not-responding-1139311-post13167337/
    04-09-18 11:16 AM
    Just read through that post. I've actually seen that happening in Shortcut Keys before.

Basically, when a user presses a key, the Android OS will essentially freeze the whole app and allow the Accessibility Service process the "event". If the service does not work fast enough then you will start to notice that lag.

A few updates back I made a change that basically tells the OS that shortcut keys is done processing the event so that the app you're currently using doesn't freeze up (while Shortcut Keys can keep processing in the background!)

I think the freezing on the launcher is a whole different issue - especially with the BlackBerry Launcher. I think it itself is trying to do some processing to make the native key shortcuts work, which delays the invoke of Shortcut Keys.
    04-09-18 11:03 PM
    @Bart Brewinski
    Hi, maybe u can look at my workaround posted above and figure out why the workaround can mediate the launcher problem?
    04-09-18 11:48 PM
    Just read through that post. I've actually seen that happening in Shortcut Keys before.

Basically, when a user presses a key, the Android OS will essentially freeze the whole app and allow the Accessibility Service process the "event". If the service does not work fast enough then you will start to notice that lag.

A few updates back I made a change that basically tells the OS that shortcut keys is done processing the event so that the app you're currently using doesn't freeze up (while Shortcut Keys can keep processing in the background!)

I think the freezing on the launcher is a whole different issue - especially with the BlackBerry Launcher. I think it itself is trying to do some processing to make the native key shortcuts work, which delays the invoke of Shortcut Keys.
    The Launcher doesn't 'freeze' per se, it is killed by the OS, much like any other app. The 'redraw' we see is the launcher restarting itself.

Here is a full explanation of the phenomenon from a Nova dev:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com..._still_redraw/
    04-10-18 01:44 AM
    Hi. Ive been using tasker with nova to recreate the shortcuts. I thought your app will be super but the problem is that I can not assign a direct dial or speed dial? Any way to do that? Thats basically what i use the key shortcuts for. Also for others her- I tried add launcher and google is finally not coming up when pressing a key! In nova it always does so I had tasker kill google and then launch the shortcut- very annoying. So shifted to add. Thanks to the person who recommended.
    04-12-18 05:13 AM
    I found if you give it a second and then push a key from the launcher it is much more reliable.
    Can you elaborate on this? What do you mean by giving it a second?
    I disabled Blackberry Search, but won't disable Google.
    05-04-18 03:19 PM

Any progress on the press and hold?
    05-30-18 06:47 PM
    Does anyone else have this issue?
    Yes, i have that problem. Is this any fix for that?
    06-02-18 05:38 AM
    Hi Bart, did you ever post a link to some app?
    06-02-18 10:47 AM

Hey Bart, first of all thank you for a great app, I can finally use Nova Launcher and still have shortcuts.

After today's Key2 Keynote. I had a thought. Is it possible to set the shortcuts while in apps with a two button config, like this new speed key thing on the key 2?

So for instance on the home screen short press F would take me to Facebook, but while in an app the right shift key and F would take me to Facebook and simply pressing F would do nothing.

This would be so perfect if this could be done. I'm happy to donate to you or pay for this feature.

Many Thanks,

Adam
    anon(10337964) and FF22 like this.
    06-07-18 10:06 AM
    Bart, I was also wondering if keyboard combinations are possible. That was the one thing with all of the button remapper programs that doesn't seem to be possible.

With Xposed and a module called Xposed Additions, this was possible (obviously not on BlackBerry devices), but the intercepting of keypresses would introduce major lag between pressing a key and the letter appearing, making typing almost unusable.

If you can introduce two button combinations as well as per-app settings, my god, I would pay $20 for your app. That would make multi-tasking absolutely endless. For example:

Shift+T on Homescreen would open up a new text message. Shift+T within Chrome would open a new tab

Edit 1: This app would be amazing, not just for KeyOne/KeyTwo users, but for Planet Computers Gemini PDA users. I own a Gemini and it's a fantastic device, and the community is full of die-hard users. This would be an instant hit at the Gemini Facebook Community, which already has 1,000 members...just saying

Edit 2: May I also suggest adding the ability to map shortcuts like the BlackBerry launcher. Many of us would benefit from being able to call Tasker shortcuts through keypresses.
    06-08-18 11:51 PM
    Hi All!

Just a sneak peak at an upcoming update (I just got it officially working, so I'm going to be testing for the next week or so)

Launchers that cause problems or keyboard issues?-1529019203915.jpg

This update will bring:
    - Short press shortcuts
    - Long press shortcuts
    - Much improved performance, this has been a nagging issue for me and I wanted to have this fixed asap.

I have been reading your feedback, and I do plan on adding key combinations, "actions" (such as opening the notification shade with the $ key, take that Key2!), and possibly per-app shortcuts. I've had to refactor quite a bit of code in this version to get the long press shortcuts in, so I'd like to release it first and gather any feedback.

For those of you interested, I am switching between working on Shortcut Keys and Fuse for Android (Blend replacement):

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...oz-inc-1098765

Check it out if you have a chance!
    06-14-18 06:42 PM
    What am I missing to install this? I signed up for beta and followed the link to download from playstore, but no option to install?
    Attached Thumbnails Launchers that cause problems or keyboard issues?-5702.jpg  
    06-14-18 07:59 PM
    Hi All!

Just a sneak peak at an upcoming update (I just got it officially working, so I'm going to be testing for the next week or so)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1529019203915.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	436935

This update will bring:
    - Short press shortcuts
    - Long press shortcuts
    - Much improved performance, this has been a nagging issue for me and I wanted to have this fixed asap.

I have been reading your feedback, and I do plan on adding key combinations, "actions" (such as opening the notification shade with the $ key, take that Key2!), and possibly per-app shortcuts. I've had to refactor quite a bit of code in this version to get the long press shortcuts in, so I'd like to release it first and gather any feedback.

For those of you interested, I am switching between working on Shortcut Keys and Fuse for Android (Blend replacement):

Hey Bart I just installed this one and it's another good one. If you wanted me to test this one as well for you, just send it on over.

Thanks for all of your development.
    06-14-18 08:11 PM
    Thanks Bart for hearing out feedback. I still stand by my previous request hoping, wishing, loooonging, for per-app shortcuts.

That would be a dream come true.

Appreciate all your hard work!
    06-14-18 11:16 PM
    Fingers crossed for the upcoming upgrade!
    06-19-18 08:01 PM
    Hi All!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1529019203915.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	436935

This update will bring:
    - Short press shortcuts
    - Long press shortcuts

You're the man. Key Combination shortcuts would be the icing on an already delicious cake.

Thank you for your continued hard work.
    06-20-18 10:35 AM
    06-21-18 04:53 PM
    Just testing the final change & pushing it out! Damn Google play is being finicky...
    IvanTheTolerable likes this.
    06-21-18 05:09 PM
    Just installed the App, what a monster!!! I am currently using the App with the native black launcher, and I noticed the key press on the home screen does not work, which is perfect. But in apps, I now can about instantly and precisely switching many diffent apps without touching App draw. But there is one problem that I encountered in my 5 Min's usage, the shortcut key is accessible when I'm tying this text right now in chrome browser, so I had to ignor the App, which is not a huge deal breaker, but I do hope this gets solved. Now with this App, I have to wonder, why does keytwo need a special button to have what this App can do without, it's more nature in my opinion.
    06-21-18 06:48 PM
    why not make a launcher where you can swipe from the left screen edge and be able to access the hub ?!
    06-21-18 07:53 PM
196 ... 34567 ...