Don't disable PKB shortcuts! What are some other than the Official BB home launcher? Some reason in a update or something Action Launcher and PKB don't work together anymore, if I long press a key it brings up a search result starting with that letter,
    02-22-18 03:47 PM
    There are none. The keyboard shortcuts are hardcoded into the BlackBerry Launcher.
    jonbo44 likes this.
    02-22-18 04:21 PM
    Zinqs blackberry 10 launcher uses keyboard shortcuts.
    deezy87 and Mecca EL like this.
    02-22-18 04:45 PM
    Any others? As I am more ProAndroid verses BlackBerry OS, mind you this is only the first second bb device I've ever used, first was the Classic, so you can understand my wanting a nicer looking array of softkeys as before Android I was strictly Windows Mobile 6+. So I like to have a bit of dazzling eye candy! LoL
    02-23-18 02:18 PM
    Zinqs is certainly not a fit for me, if I wanted a homescreen full of app shortcuts I'd switch to iOS.
    02-23-18 02:30 PM
    Furthermore I press "B" key while in Zinqs and just sit starring stupidly at device getting no response on long or short press and no home navigation when swiping left to right.
    02-23-18 02:35 PM
    Furthermore I press "B" key while in Zinqs and just sit starring stupidly at device getting no response on long or short press and no home navigation when swiping left to right.
    It's in the settings.
    02-23-18 03:10 PM
    A little more detail would help explain. Like where in Settings and settings of what Android or Zinqs launcher?
    02-23-18 03:28 PM
    I'm actually thinking about making an app that would let you set keyboard shortcuts that work from anywhere in the OS - allowing you to use any launcher as well. Would any of you folks be interested?

I've already made a little test app that let's me launch hub from anywhere!
    03-12-18 05:46 PM
    Yes!
    I loved Nova but had to give it up to come back to pkb shortcuts on the default laugher.
    03-12-18 06:02 PM
    I'm actually thinking about making an app that would let you set keyboard shortcuts that work from anywhere in the OS - allowing you to use any launcher as well. Would any of you folks be interested?

so it would automatically know when the keyboard was pulled up so it wouldn't launch an app while you're typing a text?
    03-14-18 04:45 PM

so it would automatically know when the keyboard was pulled up so it wouldn't launch an app while you're typing a text?
    03-14-18 04:45 PM
    That's the idea - the little test app that I made already lets me do that.

Now there will be some exceptions where it just won't work properly in some apps - but I can always just allow users to create a list of apps to ignore shortcuts in.
    kyleheney likes this.
    03-14-18 05:32 PM

It can already be done through an existing app called "Button Remapper".

I have all 26 alphabet letters assigned for a keyboard shortcut through this app, which works anywhere in the phone.

Since it is a long press, if I have to capitalize a letter in the middle of a sentence I do have to do do it manually, but I dont do that often enough that it does not bother me.
    Attached Thumbnails Launchers that cause problems or keyboard issues?-2041.jpg  
    03-14-18 07:50 PM
    It can already be done through an existing app called "Button Remapper".

I have all 26 alphabet letters assigned for a keyboard shortcut through this app, which works anywhere in the phone.

Since it is a long press, if I have to capitalize a letter in the middle of a sentence I do have to do do it manually, but I dont do that often enough that it does not bother me.
    Or you can set the rely to 1 second. Then you can still cap.
    03-14-18 09:56 PM
    Or you can set the rely to 1 second. Then you can still cap.
    Yeah tried that, but the 1 second wait felt like the phone was lagging.
    IvanTheTolerable likes this.
    03-14-18 09:57 PM
    I figured regular button mappers would work, the biggest benefit I'd be able to offer is being able to detect when a textbox is selected (and ignoring it).
    kyleheney and skstrials like this.
    03-15-18 07:21 PM
    Button remapper is a bit wonky at times.
    03-15-18 08:27 PM
    Alright how about the folks that are interested shoot me a message. If I get enough interest I'll be more than happy to throw together a basic app.
    djmmesq and tommichael88 like this.
    03-17-18 06:18 PM
    Alright how about the folks that are interested shoot me a message. If I get enough interest I'll be more than happy to throw together a basic app.
    I would be interested if your app could tell the difference when the text field is selected.
    03-18-18 11:54 AM
    Just an update folks, I am working on a beta version of the app. I'll post a link in a day or so to it.
    03-21-18 07:37 PM
    Tx. Looking forward to it
    03-21-18 08:19 PM
    Nice! Thanks for working on this.
    03-21-18 11:34 PM
    Just an update folks, I am working on a beta version of the app. I'll post a link in a day or so to it.
    Be awesome if we could automatically clone or import the BB Home PKB shortcuts, then change them if we wanted.
    03-22-18 07:15 PM
    If possible, have the shortcuts work from the Recent screen as well
    fanaticalman2 likes this.
    03-22-18 10:29 PM
196 123 ...