My app lets you use shortcuts anywhere in the system - including within other apps - not just on the home screen.
    FF22, gouger05 and GodGibson like this.
    06-30-18 11:10 AM
    found a workaround for nova launcher and this app without triggering the device search.

set up the shortcut key app as per normal
    deny all permissions for the blackberry device search app and tick the "do not ask again" boxes.
    your shortcut key app should now work on nova homescreen without starting the device search
    07-25-18 10:02 PM
    found a workaround for nova launcher and this app without triggering the device search.
    set up the shortcut key app as per normal
    deny all permissions for the blackberry device search app and tick the "do not ask again" boxes.
    your shortcut key app should now work on nova homescreen without starting the device search
    Why not just disabling the device search app?
    07-29-18 10:49 PM
    My app lets you use shortcuts anywhere in the system - including within other apps - not just on the home screen.
    Hey Bart, can we have a double click shortcut option? I use blackberry device search automatically triggered by an input, so this option would let me still use it as normal.
    07-29-18 10:52 PM
    Why not just disabling the device search app?
    Google search will pop up. Cannot disable Google search as it will disable android auto also.
    07-29-18 10:55 PM
    any chance to include support for shortcuts on top of apps only?
    gouger05 likes this.
    09-09-18 04:50 AM
    @joolz What do you mean shortcuts on top of apps?
    09-13-18 08:17 PM
    @joolz What do you mean shortcuts on top of apps?
    When u set up the keys, u can only select apps and not shortcuts. Would be great if we can also select the shortcuts.
    gouger05 likes this.
    09-14-18 07:57 AM
    @joolz Currently my backlog of customizations to add include:
    • Key Combinations (ALT + key)
    • Common shortcuts (flashlight, open notification tray, etc)
    • Per-app mappings / shortcuts
    • Mapping a keypress to a gesture
    gouger05 likes this.
    09-17-18 07:12 PM
    @joolz Currently my backlog of customizations to add include:
    • Key Combinations (ALT + key)
    • Common shortcuts (flashlight, open notification tray, etc)
    • Per-app mappings / shortcuts
    • Mapping a keypress to a gesture
    No worries, just a suggestion. Your list looks great! Thanks!
    gouger05 likes this.
    09-17-18 07:16 PM
    Hello! I downloaded Nova launcher and shortcut keys today. I read on this discussion that most people had problems with shortcut key + Nova because pressing a key would cause Device search or Google Search to start and type. I run a test and I also experienced the same issue, but I was able to find a solution soon after that, so I meant to tell you about the solution here. I'm running oreo 8.1, so I don't know if this work on Nougat too; however, The solution I found is very simple: basically all you need to do is to go to Settings > Apps and notifications > all app > Device Search > press disable >press cancel at the warning > all app > Google > disable again. Both device Search and Google search don't come up anymore when I press keys and the experience is amazing! I can safely say that apps open even faster than on BB Launcher now. I want to take advantage of this to give my thanks to the developper of this app, it's seriously great! Please keep up the good work.
    09-22-18 12:29 PM
    Hello! I downloaded Nova launcher and shortcut keys today. I read on this discussion that most people had problems with shortcut key + Nova because pressing a key would cause Device search or Google Search to start and type. I run a test and I also experienced the same issue, but I was able to find a solution soon after that, so I meant to tell you about the solution here. I'm running oreo 8.1, so I don't know if this work on Nougat too; however, The solution I found is very simple: basically all you need to do is to go to Settings > Apps and notifications > all app > Device Search > press disable >press cancel at the warning > all app > Google > disable again. Both device Search and Google search don't come up anymore when I press keys and the experience is amazing! I can safely say that apps open even faster than on BB Launcher now. I want to take advantage of this to give my thanks to the developper of this app, it's seriously great! Please keep up the good work.
    Hi thanks for this but this will disable android auto too for those who uses it. FYI.
    09-23-18 01:41 AM
    I'm actually thinking about making an app that would let you set keyboard shortcuts that work from anywhere in the OS - allowing you to use any launcher as well. Would any of you folks be interested?

I've already made a little test app that let's me launch hub from anywhere!
    Hey why not make a little app to save homepage(s) settings & links locally for stock BlackBerry Launcher in a format that can be restored for we who have extensive homepages & might want to do a factory reset without loss of everything...??
    09-23-18 02:56 PM
    Hey why not make a little app to save homepage(s) settings & links locally for stock BlackBerry Launcher in a format that can be restored for we who have extensive homepages & might want to do a factory reset without loss of everything...??
    Such an absurd....app developers cover for BlackBerry app design shortcomings. Unbelievable.
    09-23-18 03:33 PM
    How’s that absurd? Isn’t that basis for Android/IOS business model as far as the app business goes?
    Such an absurd....app developers cover for BlackBerry app design shortcomings. Unbelievable.
    09-23-18 03:40 PM
    How’s that absurd? Isn’t that basis for Android/IOS business model as far as the app business goes?
    You can look at it that way, yes.

My view is that when a developer puts an app together just to complete some functionality that another app developer either refuse to design or doesn't have the resources to do so is simply absurd...

Like the Mona Lisa painted by two artists...
    09-23-18 03:43 PM
    You can look at it that way, yes.

My view is that when a developer puts an app together just to complete some functionality that another app developer either refuse to design or doesn't have the resources to do so is simply absurd...

Like the Mona Lisa painted by two artists...
    Mona Lisa is considered done as-is. Isn’t the whole point of the launcher that it’s done as-is? At some point, don’t consumers pay for the additional functionality that not everyone needs?
    09-23-18 03:59 PM
    Mona Lisa is considered done as-is. Isn’t the whole point of the launcher that it’s done as-is? At some point, don’t consumers pay for the additional functionality that not everyone needs?
    I will pay for it!

BlackBerry "as is" is short in many areas in my opinion.
    09-23-18 04:03 PM
    What's more absurd is that if you use BlackBerry launcher on a non-BlackBerry Android phone, it DOES restore your homescreens...perfectly!
    09-23-18 04:03 PM
    It wouldn't be possible / easy to make anyways. As far as I know, the settings for the launcher are hidden away and inaccessible - it is up to BlackBerry to implement this functionality. Moreso, Google has made it *extremely* easy to just opt-into automatically backing up settings to their cloud for these use cases.
    09-23-18 09:04 PM
    Hi is zinqs BlackBerry launcher dead ? why no more updates or Infos?
    09-24-18 04:55 AM
    I am using the Microsoft Launcher and i want the Shortcuts back. Now there are some issues i face:

-Using Button Remapper gives me a delay while opening an app for several seconds.
    -Is it possible to get a speedkey like behavior on the Keyone (Currency Key + other key)? It seems only Button Remapper can do this, but it has this awful delay before opening the apps.
    -In Microsoft Launcher, if i click on any key, it opens the Google search. How can i disable this feature without disabling the whole Google App?
    -Even with an disabled Google App, the delay still exists, so that is not the reason for the delay in button remapper between pressing the keys and opening the apps.
    -Other Apps don't have this delay, but can't combine multiple buttons.

Any help?
    Byrese likes this.
    01-14-19 10:33 AM
    I am using the Microsoft Launcher and i want the Shortcuts back. Now there are some issues i face:

-Using Button Remapper gives me a delay while opening an app for several seconds.
    -Is it possible to get a speedkey like behavior on the Keyone (Currency Key + other key)? It seems only Button Remapper can do this, but it has this awful delay before opening the apps.
    -In Microsoft Launcher, if i click on any key, it opens the Google search. How can i disable this feature without disabling the whole Google App?
    -Even with an disabled Google App, the delay still exists, so that is not the reason for the delay in button remapper between pressing the keys and opening the apps.
    -Other Apps don't have this delay, but can't combine multiple buttons.

Any help?
    I just came on here trying to get answers for this. I guess not. Did u stick with MS launcher or did u go back? I'm probably going back to Blackberry Launcher. I need the shortcuts and keyboard gestures (which I took off because it's too sensitive on MS launcher).
    02-20-19 11:03 PM
    I just came on here trying to get answers for this. I guess not. Did u stick with MS launcher or did u go back? I'm probably going back to Blackberry Launcher. I need the shortcuts and keyboard gestures (which I took off because it's too sensitive on MS launcher).
    Keyboard gestures are sensitive regardless of your launcher of choice. Follow this thread for plethora of details.

As much as I think that the BlackBerry Launcher is behind, specifically having the app drawer icon that seem so dated in 2019 there is no getting around the usefulness of the keyboard shortcuts which you can still use with a Speed Key as long as you have a K2/LE.

At this point we are pretty much begging for a Launcher update, something we haven't seen since about Nov of last year.

How much longer are we going to wait @Ken Wallis ? Give us something to cling onto....hope, something
    02-21-19 12:57 AM
    Keyboard gestures are sensitive regardless of your launcher of choice. Follow this thread for plethora of details.

As much as I think that the BlackBerry Launcher is behind, specifically having the app drawer icon that seem so dated in 2019 there is no getting around the usefulness of the keyboard shortcuts which you can still use with a Speed Key as long as you have a K2/LE.

At this point we are pretty much begging for a Launcher update, something we haven't seen since about Nov of last year.

How much longer are we going to wait @Ken Wallis ? Give us something to cling onto....hope, something
    In my experienced the gestures are extra sensitive on Microsoft Launcher making it unstable. I tuned them off and that helped but then no keyboard shortcuts. Just not the same.
    02-21-19 09:04 AM
196 ... 5678