Thanks, I tried this but the device search still pops up.

Another bug is that the apps in the ignore list does not stick. The ignored apps will disappear every time I went in to check.
    Does anyone else have this issue?
    03-28-18 04:08 PM
    Very interrested.
    03-28-18 04:33 PM
    Hey all,

I just pushed out an update for the app, I've been testing it for the last few hours and it *should* resolved most issues with apps launching while typing. Let me know if there's any issues!

Note: Please give it a couple hours to show up as an update!

Cheers,
    Bart
    03-28-18 08:42 PM
    Hey all,

I just pushed out an update for the app, I've been testing it for the last few hours and it *should* resolved most issues with apps launching while typing. Let me know if there's any issues!

Note: Please give it a couple hours to show up as an update!

Cheers,
    Bart
    That's great! Thank you.

Ignored Apps still do not 'stick'. They get cleared somehow.
    03-28-18 09:01 PM
    That's great! Thank you.

I still haven't been able to re-create that issue. I'll try again tomorrow if I have time.

I'm interested to hear if the latest update (1.0.3) has fixed the issues folks were experiencing with typing.
    03-28-18 10:22 PM
    I still haven't been able to re-create that issue. I'll try again tomorrow if I have time.

I'm interested to hear if the latest update (1.0.3) has fixed the issues folks were experiencing with typing.
    I am still experiencing the typing issue. Just happened to me while typing this message.
    03-28-18 10:49 PM
    Please make sure you're on the latest version:

Device settings > apps > shortcut keys

Version with the fix is 1.0.3
    03-28-18 11:02 PM
    Please make sure you're on the latest version:

Device settings > apps > shortcut keys

Version with the fix is 1.0.3
    Confirmed! I am on the latest ver.
    03-28-18 11:15 PM
    That's great! Thank you.

Same issue. They don't stick.

Also, on nova launcher, device search still pops up once in a while. My guess is that android killed the app and it cannot run in the background. A persistent notification should solve this issue.
    03-28-18 11:17 PM
    Same issue. They don't stick.

Also, on nova launcher, device search still pops up once in a while. My guess is that android killed the app and it cannot run in the background. A persistent notification should solve this issue.
    Yup! You are most likely on point. The OS kill the app!
    03-28-18 11:29 PM
    I am using a third party app to keep the shortCut app running at the moment and it is working. Will have to resort to this until the issue is resolved. Thank you developer.
    03-28-18 11:44 PM
    I am using a third party app to keep the shortCut app running at the moment and it is working. Will have to resort to this until the issue is resolved. Thank you developer.
    Mind sharing what app are you using? I can think of at least one app I don't want killed by the OS...
    03-28-18 11:53 PM
    Mind sharing what app are you using? I can think of at least one app I don't want killed by the OS...
    I am using the app called "autostart and stay".
    03-28-18 11:56 PM
    I am using the app called "autostart and stay".
    Interesting! Thank you.
    03-28-18 11:58 PM
    Confirmed! I am on the latest ver.
    Can you try to toggle the app on/ off in the accessibility settings and resetting your device? I added some extra permissions in the last update, so maybe android hasn't applied them yet on your device.

Also, where does the typing issue happen in the CB app? In the "new reply" screen, or in the reply box at the bottom of the forum thread?
    03-29-18 08:43 AM
    I allowed all permissions and the ignore apps still won't stick. Device search kept popping up as well. Had to go back to blackberry launcher.
    03-29-18 08:55 AM
    I allowed all permissions and the ignore apps still won't stick. Device search kept popping up as well. Had to go back to blackberry launcher.
    The above comment was purely for apps launching when typing. I haven't been able to reproduce your "ignore apps" issue. I'll take a look at it today. I don't have any control over device search - if you don't use it, you can completely disable it?
    03-29-18 09:18 AM
    The above comment was purely for apps launching when typing. I haven't been able to reproduce your "ignore apps" issue. I'll take a look at it today. I don't have any control over device search - if you don't use it, you can completely disable it?
    Ah.. Sorry though u are asking about the problems. I tried to disable the device search but then Google pops up. No worries, thanks for working on the app. I know it takes time.
    03-29-18 09:21 AM
    Can you try to toggle the app on/ off in the accessibility settings and resetting your device? I added some extra permissions in the last update, so maybe android hasn't applied them yet on your device.

Also, where does the typing issue happen in the CB app? In the "new reply" screen, or in the reply box at the bottom of the forum thread?
    I toggled the accessibility on / off. Will monitor and advise.

The random app launch while typing happened in the full reply screen of the CrackBerry app, not the small Quick Reply box.

As for the Nova issue, like someone mentioned here, this is most likely the app being killed by the OS as this behavior is very inconsistent, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. That said, if this statement was 100% correct than you could have expected the same behavior when in other apps which is not the case, at least not that I was able to detect.
    03-29-18 10:45 AM
    Tried the app with adw launcher 2 and it works perfectly.
    03-29-18 11:23 PM
    What's the link to this app?
    03-30-18 04:45 AM
    Hey All!

Well here it is (in beta):

https://play.google.com/apps/testing...p.shortcutkeys

There's still a few things I need to change / modify:
    - Optimize it / make it faster
    - Create a blacklist for apps that just don't work properly (just in case)

However the general functionality is there - it should ignore any key presses when a text field is selected. Please send feedback my way!

Update:
    Please don't forget to turn on the app in "Accessibility Settings"
    Page 2
    03-30-18 05:52 AM
    Hey folks,

Just a heads up, you should see version 1.0.7 available as an update. I've been testing it all weekend and I haven't seen any issues on my K1.

Specifically in regards to the shortcuts stopping to work, that was probably because the app had a bug where it would just crash sometimes. This should be fixed now - generally, android will try not to shut down an "accessibility" App. Please let me know if you notice any changes!

(if you still see the same issue, please try to uninstall, reboot, install, and turn the service on then)

Cheers,
    Bart
    04-02-18 08:10 PM
    guys just install Nova Launcher and enjoy your Keyone!
    04-02-18 08:41 PM
    Hey folks,

Just a heads up, you should see version 1.0.7 available as an update. I've been testing it all weekend and I haven't seen any issues on my K1.

Specifically in regards to the shortcuts stopping to work, that was probably because the app had a bug where it would just crash sometimes. This should be fixed now - generally, android will try not to shut down an "accessibility" App. Please let me know if you notice any changes!

(if you still see the same issue, please try to uninstall, reboot, install, and turn the service on then)

Cheers,
    Bart
    I received no update so far
    04-03-18 12:37 AM
196 12345 ...