Hey All!

Well here it is (in beta):

https://play.google.com/apps/testing...p.shortcutkeys

There's still a few things I need to change / modify:
    - Optimize it / make it faster
    - Create a blacklist for apps that just don't work properly (just in case)

However the general functionality is there - it should ignore any key presses when a text field is selected. Please send feedback my way!

Update:
    Please don't forget to turn on the app in "Accessibility Settings"
    Last edited by Bart Brewinski; 03-26-18 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Usage Info
    03-26-18 07:34 PM
    Hey All!

However the general functionality is there - it should ignore any key presses when a text field is selected. Please send feedback my way!
    This is why the Cb community is the best!
    FF22 likes this.
    03-26-18 07:58 PM
    Hey All!

Weird little bug. Messenger lite and Facebook lite doesn't show up in the list of apps.
    03-26-18 08:01 PM
    Hey All!

Update:
    Please don't forget to turn on the app in "Accessibility Settings"
    I am assuming that the purpose of this app is to enable using Launchers other than the BlackBerry Launcher with keyboard shortcuts, correct? If so, this is incredible, thank you!

Comment: I am using Nova; as soon as I start typing on the home screen the BlackBerry Search app pops up. I have the app enabled in the accessibility settings.

What am I missing?

Also, Black List is necessary to disable the app in Hub & WhatsApp for example otherwise app specific shortcuts won't work.
    Last edited by RK_BB; 03-26-18 at 10:36 PM.
    Fred Wu likes this.
    03-26-18 10:23 PM
    Nice! Will try it out and feedback. Thanks dude!
    03-27-18 01:13 AM
    Installed the app. Enabled the permissions. Restarted the phone but I still have quite a few apps missing from the list. Facebook lite, aliexpress, Amazon, whatsapp, etc.

I used Nova launcher but the moment I typed, device search comes up.
    03-27-18 01:25 AM
    Installed the app. Enabled the permissions. Restarted the phone but I still have quite a few apps missing from the list. Facebook lite, aliexpress, Amazon, whatsapp, etc.

I used Nova launcher but the moment I typed, device search comes up.
    I am having the same experience!
    03-27-18 10:20 AM
    Works perfect in Microsof launcher
    03-27-18 11:04 AM
    Works perfect in Microsof launcher
    Do u have missing apps (whatsapp, etc) from the list?
    03-27-18 05:11 PM
    Do u have missing apps (whatsapp, etc) from the list?
    Yea, and Cb, fb ect. Dev is aware of the issue.
    03-27-18 05:12 PM
    Thanks! Good start!
    03-27-18 05:17 PM
    Hey Folks,

I just hit the upload button for version 1.0.2:
    - Added Ignored Apps list (This was always the plan, I just wanted to publish something yesterday)
    - Fixed bug where service may crash
    - Fixed bug where all installed apps are not shown in select app list
    - Slight loading performance improvement

I did some tests on my keyone, and I'm able to open up apps near instantly (I can it F/H to quickly switch between the hub and facebook for instance).

I'm not sure what's going on with the Nova launcher. Does it have keyboard shortcuts built in? Does this app work normally when you're not on the home screen?

Cheers,
    Bart
    IvanTheTolerable likes this.
    03-27-18 07:58 PM
    Hey Folks,

- Added Ignored Apps list (This was always the plan, I just wanted to publish something yesterday)

I did some tests on my keyone, and I'm able to open up apps near instantly (I can it F/H to quickly switch between the hub and facebook for instance).

I'm not sure what's going on with the Nova launcher. Does it have keyboard shortcuts built in? Does this app work normally when you're not on the home screen?

Cheers,
    Bart
    Nova:

App works as expected in other apps though sometimes an app is triggered as you type. For example, when I typed this post I hit the letter 'h' in order to type the word 'though' and Hub was triggered (per key assignment).

When starting to type on the home screen the BlackBerry device search app starts instead of the shortcuts. Perhaps the BlackBerry device search app need to be disabled for the app to work on Nova.
    03-27-18 08:15 PM
    Hey Folks,

Cheers,
    Bart
    Still cat find Facebook or whatsapp on the list. As per usage, no issues in Microsoft launcher with opening up apps instead of the search.
    03-27-18 08:33 PM
    Still cat find Facebook or whatsapp on the list. As per usage, no issues in Microsoft launcher with opening up apps instead of the search.
    Disregard, I uninstalled and reinstalled. Problem solved
    03-27-18 08:37 PM
    Update again. Device search in Microsoft launcher isn't working. Every time I try to add an account it uses the shortcuts
    03-27-18 08:49 PM
    @RK_BB

Which apps don't work properly? I'm assuming CB app?

As for the nova launcher, can you try to open up the BB launcher and disable device search? I haven't seen that issue before.
    @IvanTheTolerable

I've going to assume that issue was present before / you didn't notice it before? I'm glad your other issue went away!
    03-27-18 08:58 PM

I've going to assume that issue was present before / you didn't notice it before? I'm glad your other issue went away!
    More than likely. Other than that, no issues typing on fb, what's app, ect. Really liking it so far.
    03-27-18 09:06 PM
    @RK_BB

Which apps don't work properly? I'm assuming CB app?

As for the nova launcher, can you try to open up the BB launcher and disable device search? I haven't seen that issue before.
    @IvanTheTolerable

CrackBerry & BBM so far.

I disabled Device Search on Nova and it works as intended now.

Once again though, as I typed the letter 'h' in the word 'Search' (above), Hub triggered.

I am able to correct it by going back and retyping it. Seem like it has something to do with the typing speed.
    03-27-18 09:07 PM
    Alright, I'll take a look. I've also noticed it in Hangouts at times. Let me know if you notice it anywhere else.
    03-27-18 09:19 PM
    Alright, I'll take a look. I've also noticed it in Hangouts at times. Let me know if you notice it anywhere else.
    You got it!
    03-27-18 09:20 PM
    Just happened to me on WhatsApp; this means it's not an app specific issue, rather something more global.
    03-27-18 09:31 PM
    CrackBerry & BBM so far.

I disabled Device Search on Nova and it works as intended now.

Once again though, as I typed the letter 'h' in the word 'Search' (above), Hub triggered.

I am able to correct it by going back and retyping it. Seem like it has something to do with the typing speed.
    How do u disable device search in Nova? I can't get the app to work, device search keep popping up even in Microsoft launcher.
    03-28-18 02:17 AM
    How do u disable device search in Nova? I can't get the app to work, device search keep popping up even in Microsoft launcher.
    You have to disable Device Search in the BlackBerry Launcher settings.

Enable BlackBerry Launcher, go to settings and disable keyboard action (shorcuts & device search).
    03-28-18 07:50 AM
    You have to disable Device Search in the BlackBerry Launcher settings.

Enable BlackBerry Launcher, go to settings and disable keyboard action (shorcuts & device search).
    Thanks, I tried this but the device search still pops up.

Another bug is that the apps in the ignore list does not stick. The ignored apps will disappear every time I went in to check.
    03-28-18 09:35 AM
196 1234 ...