I watched the launch specifically to learn about the camera. Heard nothing. Is it a google pixel like camera or not?
    02-25-17 12:53 PM
    This is part of what I meant in my other thread, brutal presentation, didn't really go into the device features at all.
    kitmo and sidtek50 like this.
    02-25-17 12:56 PM
    I watched the launch specifically to learn about the camera. Heard nothing. Is it a google pixel like camera or not?
    It was literally the first thing they talked about, lol. The same Sony sensor as the pixel. And hey kitmo, sd625. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    pooyam likes this.
    02-25-17 04:34 PM
    12mp shooter, same camera as in the pixel, has a pro mode too, 8mp selfie, specs are on blackberrymobile.com
    02-25-17 05:50 PM
    You must have not been paying attention... the camera was most definitely mentioned.

Bob
    02-25-17 06:23 PM
    Early hands on don't seem positive on camera, but still probably best on a BB yet.
    02-25-17 06:31 PM
    Early hands on don't seem positive on camera, but still probably best on a BB yet.
    I guess the camera was mentioned when I was cursing the broken feeds that happened while I watched. I just read PC Mag review, and I likely will pass on the Keyone as I wanted a great camera as my number two priority. I may go for the Google Pixel unless Bla 1ze or Kevin say the pictures are great. PC Mag "I took some photos, and I'm not sold on BlackBerry's low-light performance. With the main camera, the white balance tended towards yellow. Low-light selfies looked dim or blown out, and low-light main camera photos were a bit soft. That said, BlackBerry told me its camera hadn't been fully optimized yet."
    02-25-17 06:38 PM
    It was literally the first thing they talked about, lol. The same Sony sensor as the pixel. And hey kitmo, sd625. :-)

yes but there was not feed to see any of this....
    02-25-17 06:45 PM
    most likely cause it's crap
    02-25-17 06:46 PM
    most likely cause it's crap
    Wrong! The same Sony sensor as the pixel ....
    Watch the video replay of the BlackBerry KEYone launch event! | CrackBerry.com
    02-25-17 07:02 PM
    yes but there was not feed to see any of this....
    Oh the feed had technical difficulties huh? Forgot about that. I think they were going to upload it after so you guys can watch it as a regular video instead of a live feed though...

02-25-17 07:16 PM
    I'm sold now on the Keyone as Kevin has spoken about the camera!

"Quick impressions: - keyboard great (kinda reminds me of the Bold 9000, but better - build quality awesome - solid, heavy in a good way (dense), nice to hold. - camera is awesome - best on a BB ever by far. compares to the best of the best cameras out there on phones - battery life is ridiculously good - Android ecosystem... all the apps i want.

It's a no compromise BlackBerry. Just been using it now for two days, but loving it. Finally don't have to carry around a second phone or device to get at all the apps I need and can use a BlackBerry again and feel completely, completely, completely happy. And, it looks dope. Love just looking at it sitting there... compared to all the boring touchscreen slabs. This has character like a BB should."
    02-26-17 07:34 PM
    The Mr. Mobile YouTube vid was a good hands on review, same as the Google Pixel, 12 MP if I recall
    kitmo likes this.
    02-26-17 07:41 PM
    Yes, Logan Bell, Product Manager said "amazing camera experience, industry leading Sony IMX378 sensor," (the same one used in the Google Pixel). It was during the part we missed with the live feed but it's in the video replay Bla1ze posted yesterday at about 8:20.

Last edited by BB-JAM215; 02-26-17 at 08:19 PM.
    kitmo likes this.
    02-26-17 07:47 PM
    Here is the Mr. Mobile review video and a good one at that!

kitmo likes this.
    02-26-17 07:56 PM
    Any Priv owners in here? In anticipation of the K1, I was just wondering how you protect the protruding lens at the back? Or is it not that fragile?
    02-27-17 09:46 AM
    Addressed and should be possibly the best BB camera yet.
    02-27-17 01:36 PM
    Agreed though, the presentation could have been better.
    02-27-17 01:36 PM
    Any Priv owners in here? In anticipation of the K1, I was just wondering how you protect the protruding lens at the back? Or is it not that fragile?
    You dont need to prtect the camera- i use my Priv without any protection since launch Day and it is still perfect

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 01:50 PM
    I guess the camera was mentioned when I was cursing the broken feeds that happened while I watched. I just read PC Mag review, and I likely will pass on the Keyone as I wanted a great camera as my number two priority. I may go for the Google Pixel unless Bla 1ze or Kevin say the pictures are great. PC Mag "I took some photos, and I'm not sold on BlackBerry's low-light performance. With the main camera, the white balance tended towards yellow. Low-light selfies looked dim or blown out, and low-light main camera photos were a bit soft. That said, BlackBerry told me its camera hadn't been fully optimized yet."
    I have a pixel and the lowlight isn't the best either. It's still the best lowlight camera smartphone I've used.

I hope the default HDR is as good as what is on the Google pixel using this camera sensor.

Hopefully whatever kinks BlackBerry has with the software is worked out before release. there's a 'pro mode', I'm assuming a manual mode where the pixel does not. It has a few adjustments but that's it.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 01:58 PM