Classic comes with a trackpad, why would it double as one? Tell yourself what you need to lol both are good but one is superior
    I've used both a Passport and Classic. Hands-down, the Passport's keyboard is superior.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 08:29 PM
    Firstly it's not a render it's almost official it will look like this

Posted via CB10
    Do you have a source for that?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-29-16 08:32 PM
    Do you have a source for that?

It's render from BlackBerry central saw from the watermark
    09-29-16 08:39 PM
    I'm sorry but I think the passport has the best damn keyboard ever

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    velkod likes this.
    09-29-16 08:42 PM
    Classic keyboard doesn't double as a trackpad and there's no swipe predictions. Passport's is much better.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, if you think the touch keyboard doubles as a trackpad, then you've never used a trackpad... You know it does more than move the cursor and scroll websites right? :-D

09-29-16 08:43 PM
    I've used both a Passport and Classic. Hands-down, the Passport's keyboard is superior.

Posted via CB10
    I've used both a Passport and Classic. Hands-down, the Classic's keyboard is superior.

See, I can do it too. ;-)

velkod and Plazmic Flame like this.
    09-29-16 08:45 PM
    Attachment 409202

Posted via CB10
    In my opinion this looks too tall. I would go with three row like pp and keep chin and top tight so height is reduced. Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 08:53 PM
    I've used both a Passport and Classic. Hands-down, the Classic's keyboard is superior.

See, I can do it too. ;-)

Hahahahah yes
    09-29-16 09:06 PM
    I need more screen real estate then that proto photo

09-29-16 10:57 PM
    In my opinion this looks too tall. I would go with three row like pp and keep chin and top tight so height is reduced. Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the 3-row keyboard would reduce that by like a full 4 millimeters. That really makes the difference between it being too tall and not too tall. But better not shorten it by 5 millimeters, then it would be too short...

KonnaDeBuhr likes this.
    09-29-16 11:54 PM
    I need more screen real estate then that proto photo

Get an all-touch.

09-29-16 11:55 PM
    Saw this today, can be true? Any info?

Attached Thumbnails Latest images?-114188.jpg  
    09-30-16 12:38 AM
    About the 3 or 4 row keyboard discussion I think there are two sides or truths to it.
    If you are like me and always felt the bold 9700 had a bit to small keys because I have huge fingers the the passport pkb is far better to handle and I would never go back to the 4 row pkb.

BUT if you are like my gf with smaller hands/fingers the Q10 keyboard is the perfect fit and you feel terribly lost on the Passport pkb since the distances of the keys are way to big.

So either way the new pkb phone will only be perfect for one of the two groups and the other has to adapt.

Im' fine with this as the fact of not being able to use Whatsapp is way more pressing then getting used to a different keyboardstyle.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 12:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    And have you ever seen a symbol keyboard which pops out contextually on android?

I thought so

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 02:18 AM
    About the 3 or 4 row keyboard discussion I think there are two sides or truths to it.
    If you are like me and always felt the bold 9700 had a bit to small keys because I have huge fingers the the passport pkb is far better to handle and I would never go back to the 4 row pkb.

BUT if you are like my gf with smaller hands/fingers the Q10 keyboard is the perfect fit and you feel terribly lost on the Passport pkb since the distances of the keys are way to big.

So either way the new pkb phone will only be perfect for one of the two groups and the other has to adapt.

Im' fine with this as the fact of not being able to use Whatsapp is way more pressing then getting used to a different keyboardstyle.

Posted via CB10
    Uh, no, sorry it's not only what applies to you unfortunately. For many the Q10 keyboard is far too small as well but the Passport keyboard is not the answer to that either... It's not the size of the keyboard that separates the Passport from the others, it's the layout and the need to use the touchscreen. I really like the Classic's keyboard but find the Q10 way too small to type as efficiently. Older devices were smaller like the Bold's but they worked because of the keyboard's curve...

velkod and idssteve like this.
    09-30-16 08:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    Get rid of the permanent, capacitive buttons and it's shorter.
    The 3-row keyboard was a bad idea...though if they had added an extra vertical row with modifier keys, I would have been happy with it.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 08:46 AM
    Uh, no, sorry it's not only what applies to you unfortunately. For many the Q10 keyboard is far too small as well but the Passport keyboard is not the answer to that either... It's not the size of the keyboard that separates the Passport from the others, it's the layout and the need to use the touchscreen. I really like the Classic's keyboard but find the Q10 way too small to type as efficiently. Older devices were smaller like the Bold's but they worked because of the keyboard's curve...

+1 for the smiling KB!

BTW, I started using thumb NAILS for typing back in my Pearl days. Much more precise and faster too, imo. Even on the tiniest of PKBs. Not so great on VKB tho... Lol.
    10-01-16 05:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    I OWN both Passport and Classic and neither KB holds a candle to my 9900 KB. Imo.
    velkod likes this.
    10-01-16 05:20 PM
    Classic keyboard doesn't double as a trackpad and there's no swipe predictions. Passport's is much better.

Posted via CB10
    The Classic keyboard doesn't double as a trackpad because it doesn't need to, it already has one.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-16 02:45 PM
    So no true images yet? Ok, will continue to wait for some then.
    PKB for life!!!!
    10-04-16 06:44 AM
    Better off buying the new Google Pixel (new nexus) phone. Two years of updates versus a phone exploding in your hand
    Unfortunately I just did out of necessity. My charger port on my PRIV is now finally acting up after a year's usage with zero issues. I immediately installed bb hub and services and impressing as it is,its running amazing with bought as the prime os. G Pixel xl 32gb was my choice as the 128gb was and still is backordered. Most of the stores information on the device is in Google cloud so I can't see a huge memory issue. Even with about 100apps installed my memm usage is around 11gb so I'm not concerned. I like it but I will totally switch to the upcoming Mercury BUT if it does not have higher end specs I will keep using the gpix.
    11-19-16 01:42 PM
46 12