Here is my situation: I have been a loyal Blackberry customer for the last 15 years. My current Blackberry phone is a Classic which is starting to fail, and which will soon be obsolete. Given where I live, I have no choice but to stay with Verizon as my carrier. I was looking forward to replacing my Classic with a KEY2 after Blackberry promised that the KEY2 would be available on or compatible with all of the major carriers, including Verizon. Unfortunately, Blackberry lied. To the best of my knowledge, Blackberry will not be producing a Verizon-compatible KEY2. Thus my choice is to either buy a Verizon-compatible KEYone or leave Blackberry. What do you think? Should I buy a KEYone, or is the KEYone already on the verge of being obsolete? What are the plusses and minuses. Is there a new "Oreo" update that greatly improves the performance of the KEYone? Thank you in advance for your thoughts and advice.
    11-06-18 11:05 AM
    The BlackBerry KEYᵒⁿᵉ is a great device, if you need a physical keyboard I think your only options to buy a BlackBerry KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Go for it, still a great phone!
    11-06-18 11:07 AM
    I think you can also consider blackberry key2 LE. I heard that it's compatible with Verizon now.
    11-06-18 11:07 AM
    I'd focus on black edition with 4 GB RAM. It's all about the deal you can find... $30 extra for BE is worth in my opinion, but if you can get the basic silver model for a great price, sure it's worth it.

I haven't had any problems with both of them in terms of general usage. Some large PDF files took longer to load (especially in Adobe Digital Editions).

It's not super fast but it was fully capable to keep the tempo with me. Try to decrease the amount of background apps as possible, though.
    11-06-18 12:59 PM
    Skip the KEYone and go for a KEY2 LE.

The Black Edition KEYone does not have a variant that's compatible with Verizon.

The CDMA Verizon compatible Silver KEYone isn't getting Android OREO I believe.
    11-06-18 05:12 PM
    I'm in the same situation with VZW, because of where I live VZW is the only carrier we can get service with.

I've had a K1 for over a year now and wouldn't hesitate to replace it with another one. From what I've read about the Key2 LE, I think I would still stay with my K1. I don't see enough in the K2 to justify an upgrade for me at this time.

I think it would be a help in your decision if you could get your hands on a K1 to try out a bit before you decided.
    11-06-18 10:43 PM
    I love mine and wouldn't give it up! I have a 64gb black edition and I love it more than the kids.
    11-07-18 05:43 AM
    I love mine and wouldn't give it up! I have a 64gb black edition and I love it more than the kids.
    You love the KEYone more than your kids love it or you love it more than you love your own kids lol ??
    11-07-18 05:53 AM
    yes, that as well !

I use mine for my hairdressing business and taking photos, music etc and it's honestly good. I'd say the last phone love I had like this was the Passport then PRIV.
    11-07-18 06:08 AM