Hi guys

I am somehow convinced that this phone will fit my needs and I will be placing my order after I got my answers to these last questions. (considering the high price of the device i think that you will understand why a m i doing so much research)

I. I can't buy the german version bir i will be using the german language on this phone, is it possible to use the physical keyboard on the english version and get the features of german version (mostly auto corrections and word suggestions)?

II. How secure is this phone? I've seen tge DTEK security app but I'm not convinced that this app will provide security it seems more to be a tips app on the security. I've used Android couple of years ago and it didn't seem secure to me, I could bypass passwords and open the phone very easily.

III. I don't use Google apps instead i use Microsoft substitute. On my current Android phone (Sony Xperia Z3) I've rooted the device in order to delete these apps (to save storage space and also for some privacy concerns regarding Google services), is it possible to delete these apps on KEYone?

IV. Considering the update releases for Priv, will this device get regular updates?
    I will appreciate if you help me to find answers for these questions.
    Thanks a lot
    06-18-17 10:40 AM
    I. You can setup languages, when setting up the phone, in the drop down list (there are a lot of them)
    II. DTEK is as secure as you can get on any phone, and is embedded in the Android Operating System.
    III. You cannot root the KEYone or any Blackberry. Google services cannot be deleted, but you don't have to use them except for the apps you need from the Google Play Store, and setting up your gmail account as with the PRIV.
    IV. As of now, the Blackberry devices that are on Android will get monthly security updates.

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I don't have the KEYone, but do have the PRIV.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 06-18-17 at 11:34 AM.
    06-18-17 11:22 AM
    I use multi language indonesian,dutch and English. you also can kill all these google apps and use microsoft apps or other apps. I had my doubts big time but it's better then the priv. camera is also good and sound also. people complaining but it's better then people suggest.

cheers
    06-18-17 11:39 AM
    I use multi language indonesian,dutch and English. you also can kill all these google apps and use microsoft apps or other apps. I had my doubts big time but it's better then the priv. camera is also good and sound also. people complaining but it's better then people suggest.

cheers
    Can you use the physical keyboard to writein those languages? Because I saw some complaints (in this forum and also other sites) that people can not write with the physical keyboard in certain languages and are forced to write with the on screen keyboard, languages such as georgian.
    06-18-17 01:29 PM
    I. You can setup languages, when setting up the phone, in the drop down list (there are a lot of them)
    II. DTEK is as secure as you can get on any phone, and is embedded in the Android Operating System.
    III. You cannot root the KEYone or any Blackberry. Google services cannot be deleted, but you don't have to use them except for the apps you need from the Google Play Store, and setting up your gmail account as with the PRIV.
    IV. As of now, the Blackberry devices that are on Android will get monthly security updates.

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I don't have the KEYone, but do have the PRIV.
    Can i delete any preinstalled apps that i do not want on the KEYone? Since i use Microsoft services there would be 2 apps for each usage that it will waste storage space.
    I have already rooted and deleted the preinstalled apps on my Sony Device but i do not know that if this is possible with KEYone or not.
    The list of apps that i have deleted from my Sony:
    Google
    Maps
    Chrome
    Google Music
    Drive
    Hangouts
    Photoes
    Docs
    Play Games
    Play Newsstand
    Keep
    Google+
    Voice Search
    News & Weather
    I have only kept YouTube installed.
    I use Bing instead of Google, Opera instead of Chrome, Groove Music instead of Google Music, OneDrive instead of Drive, Skype and GroupME instead of Hangouts, Office instead of Docs, OneNote instead of Keep, Facebook and Twitter instead of Google+, Cortana instead of Voice Search, MSNWeather instead of Weather.
    This is what i meant by the Google services, I meant the Google apps.
    They use a lot of Space and are totally useless to me.
    06-18-17 01:34 PM
    This is what i meant by the Google services, I meant the Google apps.
    They use a lot of Space and are totally useless to me.
    Some system apps can't be deleted, but can be disabled.
    06-18-17 01:47 PM
    no problem it recognises these languages while I'm I'm typing. no problem works great.
    06-18-17 01:51 PM
    screen issues also seen with some passports but I had two and no problems. the SE was abused and no complaints
    06-18-17 01:53 PM
    no problem it recognises these languages while I'm I'm typing. no problem works great.
    Thanks
    Is it possible for you to take a screenshot of the word suggestion in another language than english?
    06-18-17 02:19 PM
    OP: you can delete all the google apps you want. The ones you want to leave to keep the phone functioning and be able to use the playstore are the google play services and Google playstore. I deleted every single other Google app on the phone and installed MS Office and other apps to replace what their functional apps did.

Oh and they will still show up in the app list but they'll show as disabled. I think it's like some failsafe.
    06-18-17 03:12 PM
    If BlackBerry Mobile would follow LG and add a second year warranty, I would place an order. with the risk of screen issues, I'm not taking the risk.
    06-18-17 03:57 PM
    Some system apps can't be deleted, but can be disabled.
    Disabling an app, means that is still occupy space?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-17 04:41 PM
    Disabling an app, means that is still occupy space?
    Yes.
    06-18-17 04:43 PM
    But only kb's
    06-18-17 05:03 PM
    OP: you can delete all the google apps you want. The ones you want to leave to keep the phone functioning and be able to use the playstore are the google play services and Google playstore. I deleted every single other Google app on the phone and installed MS Office and other apps to replace what their functional apps did.

Oh and they will still show up in the app list but they'll show as disabled. I think it's like some failsafe.
    You mean that you deleted the apps or disabled them?
    06-18-17 10:09 PM
    If BlackBerry Mobile would follow LG and add a second year warranty, I would place an order. with the risk of screen issues, I'm not taking the risk.
    I'm willing to take this risk even though there are neither spare parts nor warranty centers in Iran and i would have to throw the phone out.
    06-18-17 10:13 PM
    Thanks
    Is it possible for you to take a screenshot of the word suggestion in another language than english?
    My keyboard is en français and in English.
    Attached Thumbnails Last questions before placing order-142374.jpg  
    MichaelAH95 likes this.
    06-18-17 10:25 PM
    You mean that you deleted the apps or disabled them?
    I did both but due to the fact that it is Google Android you will still have the icon showing.
    MichaelAH95 likes this.
    06-18-17 11:36 PM
    My keyboard is en français and in English.
    Thanks a lot that was to helpful and assuring 🙏🙏
    06-19-17 10:45 AM
    I know the negative reports had been affecting peoples decisions to get a K1 but so far mine is doing awesome and am having no issues whatsoever! I got my unit via Rogers Wireless and on the reservation system!
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-19-17 12:34 PM
    Thread cleaned. Let's stick to discussing posts, and not posters please.

Thanks!
    06-19-17 11:27 PM
    Sometimes yes, mostly no.

Use the Uninstall > Replace with original > disable command. Many "apps" are just shortcuts.
    06-20-17 12:05 AM
    I want to thank you guys for helping me out and answering all those questions i had.
    i will be receiving the my unit after 2 weeks.
    I hope that the screen lift peoblem won't happen to my phone.
    i didn't ordered any cases or screen protectors, do you recommend me to buy thwm or not.
    thanks again guys
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-20-17 12:07 AM
    I hope so too Michael! Never a bad idea to keep the phone protected, though it's a phone that yearns to be naked. BBMo should take care of you in the event of a defect, even on Mars (shipping times may be longer than normal ).
    06-20-17 06:26 AM
    The choice between using a case or not comes down to how you use your smartphone. I wish BlackBerry made a holster-style case but a pocket case will have to suffice. If you work outdoors the only option is a total coverage case at the expense of additional bulk.
    06-20-17 09:45 AM