I have no lag at all. Got rid of gmail app, integrated email accounts in Hub. Moved to FB and Messenger Lite as FB did slow down my KEYone.

BlackBerry since 2006. Passport and KEYone
    I've done all of the above and have never had Facecrap on my Keyone. This phone lags.
    08-11-18 09:11 AM
    for those saying not enough ram. it might be true but I doubt. I think it's more of the software side than the hardware. I came from passport and xiaomi redmi 4x. much lower spec. but less laggy. I also use hub on my xiaomi. I even have dual apps for whatsapp, Facebook, and messenger. the lag from k1 often come right after you wake the phone from sleep. not only lag. it freeze often too.
    08-11-18 10:41 AM
    for those saying not enough ram. it might be true but I doubt. I think it's more of the software side than the hardware. I came from passport and xiaomi redmi 4x. much lower spec. but less laggy. I also use hub on my xiaomi. I even have dual apps for whatsapp, Facebook, and messenger. the lag from k1 often come right after you wake the phone from sleep. not only lag. it freeze often too.
    So you have apps that are sleeping that are all trying to catch up at the same time???

Being honest, I blame the app developers who all want their apps to call home all the time.

I have an IPad Mini and a Samsung Galaxy tablet. My IPad can literally go weeks without being recharged if I don't use it but the Samsung is only good for about 3 days. And that's with Greenify and all I can think of to keep it from being active when not in use.

The IPad has a simple setting for each app, "Allow Background Refresh", which I have turned off for everything and it seems to do what it says it does... I don't know why Android is so hard to manage and why it needs 50 different applications to do things that should be inherent to the OS.
    08-11-18 12:24 PM
    Hi Guys!

Scenario 1: Driving to work/home

Leaving home setting up GPS ( google maps) + music (androids music player) - connected to car bluetooth (bluetooth connection is not that good too it hangs a little bit then play the music then drops again then play.) The screen freezes all the time when using maps and music player.

I love my keyone and its productivity. but the lags on this device is real! yeah its a 625 i understand.

I read some threads on here that you have to clean cache everytime to make the device faster. Eh? do we really have to do this everytime?

I sold my s8 and got a keyone. i must say that S8 is far way better than keyone. S8 is fast screen is a +. Keyone - keyboard + battery+.

I am looking to get a new phone again. i can no longer stand the lagginess of this device. Please no hates and dont be bias at all we all know that keyone is great but the lag is REAL! every keyone users cant deny it.

What about you guys? are you done with the Keyone? What phone are you getting next?
    Haha , same problems here. lag is real
    08-11-18 03:05 PM
    my phone also lags when using facebook messenger. does this happens to you?
    Are these apps stored on your KEYone's original memory or SD card as "internal shared storage"? If the latter, that may be the cause.

I've formatted my sd card with Keyone as internal shared storage. Since then apps are downloaded and added to the SD card. These apps were very slow.
    Then I've formatted this card with my pc (note that the apps will be deleted), and format it again with keyone as portable storage. After I downloaded the apps to KEYone's original memory, these apps work fine.
    08-26-18 11:17 PM
    google maps indeed is quite laggy on my key1 BE as well. But also osmand is sometimes laggy. probably not the lightests apps I guess
    08-29-18 04:29 AM
    the device lags and thats a fact. cpu is to weak
    08-29-18 05:09 AM
    i have allinone toolbox running and it frees Memory all 30 minutes automatic.
    Action launcher for smooth der launcher
    08-29-18 05:11 AM
    The amount of apps installed definitely impair the performance. Many will take a little small of RAM even when not running. You can ckeck on energy center app (i suppose that if you have less than 500mb of RAM of free space you are in risk to have lags) . Some apps like facebook, messenger (and even blackberry apps) have more impact because they run more on the background . There is no options sometimes, you really have to uninstall ever app that you do not use very often to improve performance..
    08-29-18 07:49 AM
    I'm specifically looking for help from people experiencing the slow phone. I've had to disable the Hub (the key feature) just to make my phone usable. I am by no means a power user. No video/streaming music etc..I get work emails and browse the web/twitter. I gave the PRIV a go, and i'm giving the keyone a go but i'm slowly losing faith. On top of the slowness issues my phone auto locks randomly, and always when the band switches from LTE to 3G and I have to use my password to get back in, doesn't matter what I was doing on the phone, reading, replying to an email, BAM! Auto lock. Having a PKB is not work constantly restarting, clearing cache and the phone locking. Not to mention I can use the HUB or the phone would be a brick. Nice idea Sh*&&y execution.
    08-29-18 10:03 AM
60 123