Hi All
    Has anyone found a solution to lagging.
    My phone stutters in the majority of apps and the OS just seems sluggish and when I want to use the camera it takes about 5 seconds for the black screen to dissappear and even then it doesn't always work. Facebook and chrome can be unusable at times.
    Any solutions? And will software updates fix this?
    07-06-17 12:47 PM
    Hi All
    My phone stutters in the majority of apps and the OS just seems sluggish and when I want to use the camera it takes about 5 seconds for the black screen to dissappear and even then it doesn't always work. Facebook and chrome can be unusable at times.
    Factory reset. Had the same issues out of the box, factory reset fixed it all. Start fresh without restoring from any backups.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-06-17 12:49 PM
    Consider Greenify. Apps are running in the background and eating into the already limited 3GB RAM.
    07-06-17 12:52 PM
    Consider Greenify. Apps are running in the background and eating into the already limited 3GB RAM.
    What does Greenify do to help with the lag? Just wondering - I've been exiting apps very often to reduce the lag issues - but if Greenify helps I'd definitely consider using it
    07-06-17 02:36 PM
    What does Greenify do to help with the lag? Just wondering - I've been exiting apps very often to reduce the lag issues - but if Greenify helps I'd definitely consider using it
    There is a difference between exiting an app (not all apps even allow that) and force closing an app which terminate it completely. This is what Greenify does automatically or manually (by a user action).

Force closing apps clear RAM which makes it available for whatever next you are doing.

Nougat is suppose to do it automatically in the background but I find that it's doing a poor job.

You will find your phone pretty snappy after you install and use Greenify.
    07-06-17 02:40 PM
    Any particular settings you'd recommend - do you recommend the paid version of the app?
    07-06-17 02:44 PM
    Do you use sd card as ex-storage?
    07-06-17 02:44 PM
    Consider a factory reset first.
    07-06-17 02:48 PM
    Any particular settings you'd recommend - do you recommend the paid version of the app?
    Automatic. Greenify is very smart.
    07-06-17 02:49 PM
    Thanks, I'm going to give it a whirl! Appreciate it!
    07-06-17 03:02 PM
    Hi All
    No such lagging here. And I transferred all my content from an older Android (dtek50). However, I do have a problem with Facebook. If I'm in a comment section, the app will often just crash, but I suspect this has more to do with that app not being optimised for the K1's screen resolution.
    07-06-17 03:43 PM
    move your apps from sd card to internal memory and lag is gone
    07-06-17 04:37 PM
    better to do factory reset and fix the problem from the root then just applying a band aid over.
    BLAZEDv3 likes this.
    07-06-17 07:58 PM
    better to do factory reset and fix the problem from the root then just applying a band aid over.
    Agreed. I'm not sure why people don't just do this as their initial step. Some KEYone's for some reason have issues of lag out of the box and a simple factory reset does the trick.
    07-06-17 08:02 PM
    No such lagging here. And I transferred all my content from an older Android (dtek50). However, I do have a problem with Facebook. If I'm in a comment section, the app will often just crash, but I suspect this has more to do with that app not being optimised for the K1's screen resolution.
    For Facebook, I highly recommend you try Metal. There is a free and a Pro version. It is a 'wrapper' that asks for far less permissions. Provided you do NOT use it in Legacy mode, there is no need to have a separate Messenger app. It has various themes, including a dark one. You can also use it to access Twitter.

Posted via CB10
    john_v and Sarek1701 like this.
    07-06-17 08:08 PM
    Agreed. I'm not sure why people don't just do this as their initial step. Some KEYone's for some reason have issues of lag out of the box and a simple factory reset does the trick.
    I think people are apprehensive about losing their setup. I agree though that factory reset is most likely the best way to go.
    07-06-17 10:29 PM
    For Facebook, I highly recommend you try Metal. There is a free and a Pro version. It is a 'wrapper' that asks for far less permissions. Provided you do NOT use it in Legacy mode, there is no need to have a separate Messenger app. It has various themes, including a dark one. You can also use it to access Twitter.

Posted via CB10
    Metal Pro is much better than the official FB app, with its ongoing memory/battery leak issues.
    07-06-17 10:43 PM
    4 days after initial set up and everything started to lag also , first thing I did was factory reset. Since then no problems and it's been week and a half now. Also I started to leave apps in the recent and no lag
    07-06-17 11:07 PM
    Same, as much as I didn't want to do a factory reset - it actually made a huge difference and I haven't had problems since.
    09-12-17 12:13 AM