Ever since I got my KeyOne I've noticed that it stutters a lot when scrolling in every app. If using chrome, Facebook, sky news e.t.c as you scroll down the page it stutters it's not smooth.
    Anyone else noticed this and have a solution?

Thanks
    Matt
    06-28-17 01:10 PM
    You can try this - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...tions-1111744/ might help. When in doubt, though, you could try a factory reset as well. Android is a funny beast at times and some jank just kinda happens.
    06-28-17 01:25 PM
    Mine does this. I think its just the way it is. Keyboard scrolling isn't super smooth (at least for me) but hopefully some software updates can fix that.
    06-28-17 01:25 PM
    Ever since I got my KeyOne I've noticed that it stutters a lot when scrolling in every app. If using chrome, Facebook, sky news e.t.c as you scroll down the page it stutters it's not smooth.

Thanks
    Matt
    I get a bit of this on my s7 as well, it also varies by app. As blaze said, that's just how it is loll
    06-28-17 01:37 PM
    Some apps are better than others, by which I mean Facebook and Snapchat are the worst offenders.
    06-28-17 01:53 PM
    Facebook in Keyboard Browser Is much better with keyboard scrolling than in the app. Scrolling up also works much better.
    ezikiah likes this.
    06-28-17 01:57 PM
    You can try this - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...tions-1111744/ might help. When in doubt, though, you could try a factory reset as well. Android is a funny beast at times and some jank just kinda happens.
    This is the perfect transition setting I have found:

I set all my Androids like this from day 1, and thoroughly enjoy them.
    coolhorn likes this.
    06-28-17 02:05 PM
    Some apps are better than others, by which I mean Facebook and Snapchat are the worst offenders.
    Which makes sense given that both apps are photo heavy and, at least in Facebook's case, those photos are loaded from many different sources at many different speeds. Large threads are very memory intensive to cache all that (or, worse, load it live), and so any and every weak link in the hardware and software/driver chain is exposed - mostly GPU and memory/storage speeds, but also bus width, CPU, etc.

Of course, Apple spends a ton of time tuning these things, and having control over both hardware and OS software (and browser) makes that much easier. Android relies on OEMs to do that tuning, and that leads to an uneven experience between devices.
    chain13 likes this.
    06-28-17 04:01 PM
    Which makes sense given that both apps are photo heavy and, at least in Facebook's case, those photos are loaded from many different sources at many different speeds. Large threads are very memory intensive to cache all that (or, worse, load it live), and so any and every weak link in the hardware and software/driver chain is exposed - mostly GPU and memory/storage speeds, but also bus width, CPU, etc.

Of course, Apple spends a ton of time tuning these things, and having control over both hardware and OS software (and browser) makes that much easier. Android relies on OEMs to do that tuning, and that leads to an uneven experience between devices.
    There's a difference between needing an above-normal level of performance and needing to monkey-patch the OS to get it to work. The iOS version isn't much better.
    06-28-17 04:52 PM
    Keyboard scrolling naturally won't be as smooth in portrait as it is in landscape. There's less area on the keypad when the phone is in portrait.
    06-28-17 05:15 PM

Thanks
    Matt
    Because it loads many contents at once when scrolling through them. It also happen on my device which has the same processor as keyone but I havent experienced any on chrome.
    This is the perfect transition setting I have found:
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9b507c049e.jpg

I set all my Androids like this from day 1, and thoroughly enjoy them.
    Actually it (smooth scrolling) has nothing to do with animation scale. If you set it to 0.5x, you will feel faster but the animation is lagging. It just disables the animation transition, indeed it feels faster.
    06-28-17 10:00 PM
    some of stuttering is usually due to your fingers resting on the keyboard.
    06-30-17 12:46 AM
    Mine does that sometimes, together with no funt with PKB scorllinng.

Now RM for analysis.....
    06-30-17 04:07 AM
    Some stuttering but nothing that destroys the experience. Scrolling with the keyboard is meh though... i end up scrolling using the screen when i'm on IG.
    06-30-17 07:12 AM
    I get some lag, but most Samsung etc android users I know say they do too. I wonder if my having made the SD card internal rather than portable storage may add to this? if so, I am OK with the tradeoff of having more space for Apps etc
    06-30-17 07:25 AM
    also I noticed I mainly got lag when certain Apps were open in background. once I turn these off (disable), I don't see lag at all. the biggest culprit: news/rss readers that had frequent update settings. honestly, since getting on top of this.... no lag, now that I think of it!
    06-30-17 07:28 AM