05-31-17 11:46 PM
57 123
tools
    The meet ups only cater to the CrackBerry crowd. Go ask some random person in a store looking to buy a device if they attended a meet up and they'll look at you very puzzled. Don't get me wrong, the meet ups are great, but they cater to a crowd who were already going to buy the device.
    Ok, I was under the impression there were some invite only meet ups, like the one in waterloo or Toronto?

But either way, this marketing is better than anything ever offered by Carrier stores for any bb10 device.

And yeah, it's targeting potential buyers, which seems better than targeting haters and bashers
    05-29-17 09:14 PM
    It seems like their strategy is to first target existing BlackBerry users to establish a baseline of sales. If that is actually the case, then their marketing plan is right on target. The enormous number of reviews, the activity on CrackBerry, the meet ups, even the early previews and waiting game.

For example, I think people like me are their target audience. I originally dismissed the keyone as being too large, or not wanting android, and was planning on eventually replacing my Classic with an iPhone and calling it a day. But the tremendous buzz about the keyone and the amazing video reviews have convinced me. I am now seriously contemplating paying full price for the thing which is something I have never done for any phone I have owned. I admit I've been pushed over the fence by their marketing efforts. DTEKs and Passport never had this kind of buzz and rock solid reviews.

 C L A S S I C
    05-29-17 11:14 PM
    It may be their intentions. But let's ask CB who was at these? I doubt many enterprise customers have come out of curiosity. They have successfully moved on.
    Enterprise (implicitly large ) contracts typically have stakeholders that are not necessarily the end users. The IT management that signs off on the contract are the customers. BBMobile doesn't need to do 'semi-random' meet ups in that case. BlackBerry Inc. very well knows who is buying their MDM/UEM solutions. They should have good idea who the carriers are associated with those deployments. Individual sit-downs with the carrier enterprise sales , specific corp IT, BB Inc and BBMobile would be far more effective and efficient in keeping/revising those corporate contracts. That isn't a social/public gathering thing. It can be done without tons of public hoopla.

Likewise for the shops that have negative attitude toward BB inc's MDM/UEM than yes they probably have moved on and will be much harder to give the new BlackBerry phones a shot. Same follow-up track for compaines that had significant BB10 deployments. Target those companies.

However, the notion that the endusers are going to drive the adoption of Blacberry back into the managed IT infrastructure. That's largely not likely to happen because BBMoibile isn't likely o become a top 3 phone vendor any time soon in terms of overall volume. That is only viable across a broad range with outright overwhelming numbers. KeyOne isn't going to generate those kinds of numbers at all. There is no magical marketing silver bullet that is going to turn back time a decade.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    05-30-17 01:30 AM
    Enterprise (implicitly large ) contracts typically have stakeholders that are not necessarily the end users. The IT management that signs off on the contract are the customers. BBMobile doesn't need to do 'semi-random' meet ups in that case. BlackBerry Inc. very well knows who is buying their MDM/UEM solutions. They should have good idea who the carriers are associated with those deployments. Individual sit-downs with the carrier enterprise sales , specific corp IT, BB Inc and BBMobile would be far more effective and efficient in keeping/revising those corporate contracts. That isn't a social/public gathering thing. It can be done without tons of public hoopla.

Likewise for the shops that have negative attitude toward BB inc's MDM/UEM than yes they probably have moved on and will be much harder to give the new BlackBerry phones a shot. Same follow-up track for compaines that had significant BB10 deployments. Target those companies.

However, the notion that the endusers are going to drive the adoption of Blacberry back into the managed IT infrastructure. That's largely not likely to happen because BBMoibile isn't likely o become a top 3 phone vendor any time soon in terms of overall volume. That is only viable across a broad range with outright overwhelming numbers. KeyOne isn't going to generate those kinds of numbers at all. There is no magical marketing silver bullet that is going to turn back time a decade.
    Well said and often overlooked.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 06:01 AM
    Union Station Toronto was not internet History https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1737eccd59.jpg
    Hey, that picture looks familiar..... oh yeah, I think I saw it on Twitter from a user called [@]RoyceRivard13 and BBMobile retweeted it. Oh wait RoyceRivard13 is me.

This is the origin link of the photo: https://twitter.com/RoyceRivard13/st...08270317731840

While I personally don't mind someone sharing my photos without giving credit, it would be nice to get credit, even though I took that while running for a train so the photo looks horrible.

Also, to positively contribute to this discussion... I haven't seen marketing for KEYone on TV personally but I have seen marketing for it in non-targeted locations (read: physically, rather than on a device that has targeted ads).

-Royce Rivard
    05-30-17 10:48 AM
    Sort of the time square of Toronto at Yonge and Dundas
    05-31-17 11:31 PM
    Hey, that picture looks familiar..... oh yeah, I think I saw it on Twitter from a user called [@]RoyceRivard13 and BBMobile retweeted it. Oh wait RoyceRivard13 is me.

This is the origin link of the photo: https://twitter.com/RoyceRivard13/st...08270317731840

While I personally don't mind someone sharing my photos without giving credit, it would be nice to get credit, even though I took that while running for a train so the photo looks horrible.

Also, to positively contribute to this discussion... I haven't seen marketing for KEYone on TV personally but I have seen marketing for it in non-targeted locations (read: physically, rather than on a device that has targeted ads).

-Royce Rivard
    I was posting it to prove a point , not to claim credit to this fabulous piece of photographic work. The point that there is advertising out there and I apologize that I didn't give you credit . I saw this thread and I remember noticing a tweet, hunted it down, didn't even look to see who tweeted it. It's not like this is fine piece of professional photography ..no different than the above post from BlackBerry Mobile's twitter feed which appears to be banners the size of a building and badly photoshopped, which is really just a smaller banner but still great size and awesome exposure at Yonge and Dundas Square

My point is that BlackBerry Mobile is making an effort to advertise.

I fully expect as I head downtown tomorrow to see other KEYone advertisements.

Full credit of this stunning piece of photography given to royce rivard 13
    Last edited by Carjackd; 06-02-17 at 12:29 AM.
    05-31-17 11:46 PM
57 123