I live in the states and have not seen on ad for the keyone which launched in 3 days. This has been the norm for Blackberry at every launch.
    05-27-17 08:48 PM
    I live in the states and have not seen on ad for the keyone which launched in 3 days. This has been the norm for Blackberry at every launch.
    Apple spends 2 billion or something nuts per quarter on advertising. If BlackBerry di that they'd be prokle in 3 quarters. They simply can not afford it.

BlackBerry Mobile is doing a bunch of social media stuff. I'm not sure about TV as I do not watch it and haven't in years.
    05-27-17 08:56 PM
    Nothing new bb has always done this aside from people who keep up with this kind of news only a handful will gain interest in it. It's really no surprise.
    RoseBud68 and andy957 like this.
    05-27-17 08:56 PM
    Nothing new bb has always done this aside from people who keep up with this kind of news only a handful will gain interest in it. It's really no surprise.
    Agree^^^ Its nothing new....
    05-27-17 08:58 PM
    I've seen the ad everywhere, YouTube, tv, radio,.. Next time I'll take a photo/video, most advertising I've seen for a blackberry in the last 10 years, period.
    Carjackd likes this.
    05-27-17 09:45 PM
    I've seen the ad everywhere, YouTube, tv, radio,.. Next time I'll take a photo/video, most advertising I've seen for a blackberry in the last 10 years, period.
    Your ads may be targeted from your searches and Internet history.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 10:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's what I thought but tv or radio ads? And when I watch YouTube on my Android I'm not logged in
    05-27-17 10:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Union Station Toronto was not internet History
    krzyabn and babugaru1 like this.
    05-27-17 10:16 PM
    Union Station Toronto was not internet History https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1737eccd59.jpg
    It's funny because they list Telus but no Telus stores are aware of the keyone..... ������ fail
    05-27-17 10:21 PM
    Nothing on Telus web
    krzyabn likes this.
    05-27-17 10:48 PM
    Apple spends 2 billion or something nuts per quarter on advertising. If BlackBerry di that they'd be prokle in 3 quarters. They simply can not afford it.

BlackBerry Mobile is doing a bunch of social media stuff. I'm not sure about TV as I do not watch it and haven't in years.
    Doing marketing on social media only works if enough people follow you on social media AND enough of them decide to buy what you're selling. How many people know BB still exists AND know about BBMobile AND follow them on social media?

Also, no one is suggesting that BBMobile spend on the same level as Apple or Samsung. People are simply saying that they should do more than they're doing currently. Saying they should do more doesn't equate to saying they should spend as much as Apple or Samsung and I'm not sure why some folks believe that it does.
    05-28-17 05:12 AM
    Doing marketing on social media only works if enough people follow you on social media AND enough of them decide to buy what you're selling. How many people know BB still exists AND know about BBMobile AND follow them on social media?

Also, no one is suggesting that BBMobile spend on the same level as Apple or Samsung. People are simply saying that they should do more than they're doing currently. Saying they should do more doesn't equate to saying they should spend as much as Apple or Samsung and I'm not sure why some folks believe that it does.
    I think the BlackBerry meet-ups are an example of 'doing more '.

They are targeting the customers in these meet-ups

They haven't got enough money to simply and generally do more

They have to be focuses and specific with their marketing money

Also, without specific carrier support, there is no point doing a general campaign until they nail down some specific carriers and hard dates.

I would love to see more advertising, but I understand their situation too.

It's probably also TCL who has to pay for this as well
    Tim-ANC and MikeX74 like this.
    05-28-17 05:28 AM
    Now the time to start marketing for this one.
    05-28-17 05:59 AM

Also, without specific carrier support, there is no point doing a general campaign until they nail down some specific carriers and hard dates.

Well said.
    05-28-17 06:06 AM
    Blackberry never did proper campaign for any of their devices. There is a huge potential for this device especially in certain countries. But even that has been compromised due to BlackBerry's licensing policy. They haven't released key one in indonesia where they used to enjoy huge fan base. Their releasing strategy is so pathetic that people who is actually interested will also turn away.
    andy957 likes this.
    05-28-17 06:15 AM

K1 has been sold out in the UK for for the first 3 weeks of availability without advertising. Sold out day 1 at Selfridges without any advertising.
    05-28-17 06:51 AM
    K1 has been sold out in the UK for for the first 3 weeks of availability without advertising. Sold out day 1 at Selfridges without any advertising.
    Obviously Sold out when they got 5-10 pcs in stock. And that is what most irritated me, other retailers as well,so what are we talking about. I have device 20 days wish listed,and so,anything changed? No ofcourse, stock always - NO STOCK. Let's see US and Canada stock,just courious.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    05-28-17 06:58 AM
    Obviously Sold out when they got 5-10 pcs in stock. And that is what most irritated me, other retailers as well,so what are we talking about. I have device 20 days wish listed,and so,anything changed? No ofcourse, stock always - NO STOCK. Let's see US and Canada stock,just courious.

Posted via CB10
    Please provide evidence for your claim that CPW and Selfridges only about 20 devices in stock. CPW has 26 reviews already from customers and the Samsung S8 has only 25 reviews. I think CPW must have had 100s in stock if 26 customers have been bothered to leave reviews.
    05-28-17 07:13 AM
    This is a crazy idea perhaps, but I know in the booze industry a representative from the distillery or brewery travels around to retail stores to introduce new products - essentially to bring awareness (therefore sales) of that new product to those front line people that will be selling the product. Why can't BlackBerry do the same? So I live in Windsor ON, usually considered part of the US and a forgotten piece of Canada. BlackBerry SHOULD BE sending a traveling rep around to all phone retail outlets introducing the new KeyOne. Cheaper than TV spots and ensuring front line people know about the product. Eazy Peazy.

Posted via CB10
    NtotheK likes this.
    05-28-17 07:16 AM
    blackberry did have a rep programme at least in UK. they use to go shop to shop and give details of the new product and even organised BB meetings. i myself has benefitted from these get together. but don't know about other countries if they have similar programmes. but the problem is none of the UK carriers are very keen on blackberry for some years now. they all have gone behind apple and samsung. K1 should have launched worldwide and blackberry should have tapped into potential hype caused by K1 at initial stage. their licensing strategies are so complicated.
    look at one plus one. they don't do marketing like apple or samsung. still their products are selling like hot cakes. we all know K1 is not for everyone. not many people are looking for snapdragon 835 processor 4GB RAM etc etc. many of them don't even know what this means. lot of people just want a phone with excellent keyboard to type in and K1 can do just justice for their requirements. many network shops in UK like EE , Vodafone, O2 doesn't even actively promote this handset. the product is rock solid, feels good in the hands and really great battery life. FYI CPW does it have in stock for those who are looking to buy. go grab it while its there
    05-29-17 08:17 AM
    blackberry did have a rep programme at least in UK. they use to go shop to shop and give details of the new product and even organised BB meetings. i myself has benefitted from these get together. but don't know about other countries if they have similar programmes. but the problem is none of the UK carriers are very keen on blackberry for some years now. they all have gone behind apple and samsung. K1 should have launched worldwide and blackberry should have tapped into potential hype caused by K1 at initial stage. their licensing strategies are so complicated.
    look at one plus one. they don't do marketing like apple or samsung. still their products are selling like hot cakes. we all know K1 is not for everyone. not many people are looking for snapdragon 835 processor 4GB RAM etc etc. many of them don't even know what this means. lot of people just want a phone with excellent keyboard to type in and K1 can do just justice for their requirements. many network shops in UK like EE , Vodafone, O2 doesn't even actively promote this handset. the product is rock solid, feels good in the hands and really great battery life. FYI CPW does it have in stock for those who are looking to buy. go grab it while its there
    CPW is the biggest in the UK.

I've heard Vodafone will be carrying the K1. I think business users concerned about security and battery life will be attracted.
    05-29-17 11:43 AM

The meet ups only cater to the CrackBerry crowd. Go ask some random person in a store looking to buy a device if they attended a meet up and they'll look at you very puzzled. Don't get me wrong, the meet ups are great, but they cater to a crowd who were already going to buy the device.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    05-29-17 12:30 PM

That means nothing if there weren't millions of devices available in stock. CrackBerry members alone could purchase all of the available KEYone's and the device wouldn't register as a blip in sales compared to other phones.
    05-29-17 12:32 PM
    The meet ups only cater to the CrackBerry crowd. Go ask some random person in a store looking to buy a device if they attended a meet up and they'll look at you very puzzled.
    no, let's face it: they would be well beyond puzzled and deep into "afraid".

"Hey, hi there, say, how would you like to attend a dinner with a group of complete strangers who happen to use the same phone you do?"

That person would call the cops.

It's one thing to be part of the local Model T club, for example. But your cell phone? Really? That's like joining a club or going to a meet for people who use Bic brand pens.

So yeah, I agree that the meet-ups aren't really a marketing thing. If anything, they do the opposite. If you told someone that the Blackberry brand is so cultish that random people get together for meetups based solely on their phone ownership, that person would probably actively avoid it.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    05-29-17 12:37 PM
    That means nothing if there weren't millions of devices available in stock. CrackBerry members alone could purchase all of the available KEYone's and the device wouldn't register as a blip in sales compared to other phones.
    Hence the power of social media !
    05-29-17 12:44 PM
57 123