Here is the long story:

So 48 hrs with my beautiful phone , excited and mostly configured as I wanted and it all started Friday morning. Stupidly I put the phone in my shirt pocket (passport habit) and I have to help my 4 year old daughter search for my ring since she dropped it and what happens? The phone slides right out and drops about maybe 12 inches, small nick on the corner by the headphone jack and the back slightly poped out. OK so I pop the back cover on and no worse wear everything is good. But know I have this bad feeling all day and about 2 pm I decide to buy a 3rd party warranty (square trade 2 year). I get home after picking up my daughter and we go to our backyard to water our garden , as we walk back we noticed one of my new potted tree has tipped over, not paying attention I bend over and phone slides right out hitting the small retaining wall screen first.....as it happens I just yell in frustration.... The phone screen is shattered. Now waiting a couple of days before putting in a claim.

Lesson learned is phone is definitely not as sturdy as a Passport and no longer putting on my shirt pocket. I guess I was to worried about putting in my back pocket and accidentally bending it.

I will report back on the warranty experience.
    06-10-17 09:51 AM
    Sorry bout your phone. Eagerly awaiting to hear about your claim. I hear squaretrade is good. My mom had it for her washer but never had to use it so hearing about your process will be helpful. I get my keyone next week and plan to insure it. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for square trade? I was going to go through bestbuy but would like to compare price.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-10-17 09:56 AM
    It's always good idea to keep valueables in a zipper/button pocket, a deep inside pocket, or tight jeans pocket, to ensure it isn't going to slip out during your day to day movement. Do you also need to keep the phone on your person when you're around the house? I leave mine on a table or window sill.

Just a couple of handy tips.
    06-10-17 10:03 AM
    Wow. Sorry to hear such bad luck with the phone. May have to consider getting insurance for it now.
    06-10-17 10:04 AM
    Squaretrade has readily available discounts, just google for coupons. You can also buy a family type of plan for multiple devices. You can also buy their warranties via Amazon for a discount.

Good luck - they are awesome to work with
    06-10-17 10:07 AM
    I purchased the 2 year warranty, paid $120 using a 20% off coupon. (20OFF)
    it has a $99 deductible.
    06-10-17 10:13 AM
    I considered geek squad at bbuy. i agree, would like insight to,your claim experience.
    06-10-17 10:14 AM
    sounds like you need Aye more than one, instead of insurance ... https://www.amazon.com/AyeGear-Jacke...UvbUpU12916887
    06-10-17 10:16 AM
    sounds like you need Aye more than one, instead of insurance ... https://www.amazon.com/AyeGear-Jacke...UvbUpU12916907
    That is a great suggestion but not sure I want to wear that in sunny San Diego until after summer.
    Thanks
    06-10-17 10:35 AM
    Deleted
    Last edited by donnation; 06-12-17 at 08:27 AM.
    06-10-17 10:41 AM
    (1) drop test, tesla or not is contact by bezel or surface (6 surface, 8 corner, multiple line =edge), but not intend to contact by point force - e.g. center of the screen hit by a rock on the ledge of the flower bed... the screen will break.
    (2) OP, if you have any access to the wetsuit material, for sunny place, might consider make a pocket with zipper... until you can wear Aye...wet suit material (foam padded) is great for both damp the impact and slightly water resistance (not water proof, since you stitched it). IMHO.
    06-10-17 10:53 AM
    It's always good idea to keep valueables in a zipper/button pocket, a deep inside pocket, or tight jeans pocket, to ensure it isn't going to slip out during your day to day movement. Do you also need to keep the phone on your person when you're around the house? I leave mine on a table or window sill.

Just a couple of handy tips.
    I'm pretty accident prone myself and I have dropped a many a Blackberries in the past. I use a side belt holster combined with a clear TPU case around the K1. For me having hands free is a great feature as my devices tend to slide out like your situation. Luckily tho I've never had my device screen shatter tho. Keep us informed on your warranty process.THnaks.
    06-10-17 11:16 AM
    I'm pretty accident prone myself and I have dropped a many a Blackberries in the past. I use a side belt holster combined with a clear TPU case around the K1. For me having hands free is a great feature as my devices tend to slide out like your situation. Luckily tho I've never had my device screen shatter tho. Keep us informed on your warranty process.THnaks.
    Sadly my tpu case doesn't arrive until monday...and actually this is the first time I ha e ever shattered a screen on any of my phones I guess I was overdue.
    06-10-17 11:55 AM
    Some mothers do have em.
    06-12-17 06:39 AM
    I did that with my Z30 until the 8th time and the screen cracked. I haven't put a phone in my shirt pocket since lol.
    06-12-17 07:07 AM
    I did that with my Z30 until the 8th time and the screen cracked. I haven't put a phone in my shirt pocket since lol.
    That's where it goes for me in the shirt pocket.
    Where do you yours now.?
    Back pocket?
    06-12-17 07:20 AM
    That's where it goes for me in the shirt pocket.
    Where do you yours now.?
    Back pocket?
    Left front pocket. I'd never do the back pocket. Then I'd sit on it and break it lol.
    06-12-17 07:24 AM
    Here is the long story:

So 48 hrs with my beautiful phone , excited and mostly configured as I wanted and it all started Friday morning. Stupidly I put the phone in my shirt pocket (passport habit) and I have to help my 4 year old daughter search for my ring since she dropped it and what happens? The phone slides right out and drops about maybe 12 inches, small nick on the corner by the headphone jack and the back slightly poped out. OK so I pop the back cover on and no worse wear everything is good. But know I have this bad feeling all day and about 2 pm I decide to buy a 3rd party warranty (square trade 2 year). I get home after picking up my daughter and we go to our backyard to water our garden , as we walk back we noticed one of my new potted tree has tipped over, not paying attention I bend over and phone slides right out hitting the small retaining wall screen first.....as it happens I just yell in frustration.... The phone screen is shattered. Now waiting a couple of days before putting in a claim.

Lesson learned is phone is definitely not as sturdy as a Passport and no longer putting on my shirt pocket. I guess I was to worried about putting in my back pocket and accidentally bending it.

It uses Gorilla Glass 4 which is RESISTANT to breaking, but nothing is break-proof. There will probably be some guy out there who will drop this phone 10 times on concrete and won't break the screen, then someone like you or I could drop it once and shatter it. It's kind of luck when it comes to that, lol. Anyway, good thing you got the square trade.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-17 07:59 AM
    I would have expected the OP learner their lesson after the first fall out of their shirt pocket. But no! Buying insurance after the product is damaged and filing an insurance claim is fraud.
    JeBe4 likes this.
    06-12-17 03:52 PM
    I would have expected the OP learner their lesson after the first fall out of their shirt pocket. But no! Buying insurance after the product is damaged and filing an insurance claim is fraud.
    He bought the policy before the second drop, which is the damage claimed.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-17 03:58 PM
    It's called protection after the fact...Lol

Edit.: re-read; He bought the insurance before it broke.
    06-12-17 03:59 PM
    Here is the long story:

I always giggle when people don't properly secure their devices and blame build quality. I can count on one hand the times I've dropped a cellphone and each time I was careless in some capacity.

I also take issue with basically scamming them, doesn't the policy say the device can't already be damaged. It's your fault your device is damaged. Now you wanna cheat the system lol that's rich. Luckily I've sent Square copies of this post so I'm hoping they deny your claim since you were silly enough to post your fraud. It's not like hundreds of people got a KEYᵒⁿᵉ let alone 3rd party insurance so flagging claims for the next two weeks won't be an issue.

^_^
    06-12-17 04:05 PM
    Wait so some of you actually believe he had a feeling at 2pm and decided to get insurance then shatters his screen hours later lol....water is wet....
    06-12-17 04:08 PM
    I guess, I shouldn't have posted that here then
    06-12-17 05:04 PM
    Amazing! It's almost as if humans... aren't perfect. Sometimes it takes a hard lesson for sense to finally be learned. If it didn't, there wouldn't be obesity, addiction, or "accidental" children.

OP, you can also put mobile phones on your homeowners insurance. Not sure how it works making the claim but it's a good backup to have in addition to the 3rd party insurance.
    06-12-17 05:28 PM
56 123