Actually, I'd argue that the side buttons and camera ring are yet another different type of silver, adding to the already inconsistent color scheme.

The black edition has the same exact matte finish all around the trim, save for the keyboard frets which are glossy to match the plastic piece underneath I guess.
    04-17-18 01:34 PM
    Don't give much weight to the render of the keyboard.
    This.
    04-17-18 08:33 PM
    Hoping for larger keys on the new phone, that’s all.
    04-17-18 08:56 PM
    This.
    I so hate these teases.
    Almost feels like you and conite know something we don't.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    04-17-18 08:59 PM
    This all reminds me of how phone numbers that use words spelled out by the letters assigned to each number on a home phone were different because BlackBerry devices had the number keys on the QWERTY keyboard. Anyone else remember "Call 555-CARS from a home phone, or on BlackBerry, 555-2277?"
    04-17-18 09:05 PM
    I imagine what they are try for is a keyboard that mimics a PC's, which is what most are used to. If you want to lure people back to PKB, familiarity might help. I don't think the adjustment for us would be that dramatic.
    Thank you sir for bringing this angle which is very convincing . You are spot on. Keyboard designing resembles that of PC to facilitate ease of operation for first time users . It will not be a major issue to adjust the fingers to new design for existing users like me IMHO.
    04-18-18 02:19 AM
    Thank you sir for bringing this angle which is very convincing . You are spot on. Keyboard designing resembles that of PC to facilitate ease of operation for first time users . It will not be a major issue to adjust the fingers to new design for existing users like me IMHO.
    Won't be a major issue sure. But the new design isn't efficient IMO.
    But Bla1ze has said the keyboard renders aren't accurate so I am not worried. I don't think they will change the layout.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    04-18-18 03:38 AM
    If K2 is as wide as K1, reaching "9" with left thumb will be slow and tedious. Maybe better for consumer level noobs but a certain loss of productivity for us number crunching professionals. Imo. Amateur hr gets more amateurish... But what's new? Lol. Might be the segment they're targeting ??
    04-18-18 08:03 AM
    I don't think the adjustment for us would be that dramatic.
    I only see 6 symbols, outside of the numbers, that are in different locations, and most probably aren't used often with the exception of the @ symbol.
    04-18-18 09:59 AM
    I'm hoping this is correct as opposed to all the other renders: no more capacitive home keys, just soft keys for the home buttons.
    04-19-18 08:19 AM
    this looks the same to me am I missing something!?
    04-20-18 02:16 AM
    oops typo I see what you mean in the second pic!
    04-20-18 02:17 AM
    take my $$$ already!!!
    04-20-18 02:18 AM
    I prefer the numbers and symbols staying in the same position as where they are on the current KEYᵒⁿᵉ keyboard. Those of us who are used to typing with the current keyboard have "muscle memory." it will be awkward to go over to a different pattern. It also is true that some of us use more than one BlackBerry device and it is helpful if the numbers and symbols are in the same positions. For example, I currently use both a PRIV and a KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    idssteve likes this.
    04-20-18 02:53 AM
    The render is also missing the bump on the "D" key - I doubt that is final, its not something that would be removed.
    To be precise that is for the"5" key... for a good reason of locating the number keys easily...
    04-20-18 03:16 AM
    The render is also missing the bump on the "D" key - I doubt that is final, its not something that would be removed.
    Well, removal of the bump on D is quite aligned with moving of the number keys. Actually, the bump there was not there because of the letetr D, it was there because of number 5 – the center of the main area of the keypad. Another proof it is not related to letters: There is no such bump on the right half on the keyboard.

Bumps for letters are traditionally on F and J due to index finger position on large PC keyboards. I have seen such bumps on Sony Ericsson Mini Pro and Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro keyboards, but not on any BlackBerry phone, at least they weren't on Priv/KEYone phones.

I don't like the new position of numbers. With KEYone, I can type any nubmer without looking at the keyboard. I just feel the number 5 position and then can reach any other number. All numbers except 0 are within one key range to number 5. If this will move the numbers this way, I am unlikely to switch from KEYone to KEYtwo until my KEYone stops doing its job.

I remember the difference between Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro and Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro (yes, the only difference in the name is that the newer one misses “X10”) and this was one thing I did not like.
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    04-21-18 07:35 AM
    I'm hoping this is correct as opposed to all the other renders: no more capacitive home keys, just soft keys for the home buttons.
    I think it's just the render - the space for those keys is still there. Look closely at the different contrast. KEY2: we need to retrain our fingers?-screenshot_20180421-084512-01.jpeg
    04-21-18 07:48 AM
    The little "teet" has been on "5" since the dawn of time. It's on my Uniden office phone, ancient "princess" wired phone at home, even my TV remote. The ten key numeric pad on desktops. Even an antique electro-mechanical NCR adding machine in my basement has it. It's a muscle memory staple most on this planet grew up with. Changing it to simple top row might seem more "friendly" to PKB noobs?? Idk. There's NO doubt that "re-inverntion of the wheel" will impact efficient numerical entry for quite a few users.

Sorta like swapping brake pedal for horn button in a car. Lol. Might be a great idea for SOMEone, but some OTHERS will suffer the change. Love change when it truly improves function. Hard to see what's improved here, other than making "9" harder to reach with left thumb. ?? Lol.

Hoping this is just a "render" dreamed up by another glass phreak who's only seen distant photos of PKB BB's... ?? Lol.
    04-21-18 09:18 AM
    I hope the render becomes reality as I love the matte finish as well as the fact that the edges around each row of keys is framed similar to the Passport SE.

Also, count me in for the BB logo on the spacebar!
    04-21-18 03:33 PM
    I wonder if BBMo is trying to attract the virtual keyboard people from Samsung, et al. I can understand that, but i prefer my BB keyboard with the numbers and symbols where they are. I can imagine me hitting 0 instead of @, and 1 instead of # for quite a while if it changes.
    04-22-18 10:10 AM
    New render seems to revert to traditional layout. Well, I haven't looked at all the keys, just at numbers and few others.

https://crackberry.com/new-batch-bla...s-appear-tenaa
    04-29-18 02:13 AM
    Closer look: It seems that tke keyboard has the same layout as KEYone except the right Shift. I wonder what is this key going to be. And I wonder if it will be remappable to Ctrl.
    Last edited by v6ak; 04-29-18 at 12:30 PM.
    04-29-18 03:57 AM
    I imagine what they are try for is a keyboard that mimics a PC's, which is what most are used to. If you want to lure people back to PKB, familiarity might help. I don't think the adjustment for us would be that dramatic.
    Yeah, and I, like most touch typists, absolutely HATED when the Function keys were moved from the left (where God intended them) to the top.

We grumbled, adjusted, and moved on. Same deal here.

Another +1 for matte keys.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    04-29-18 11:58 AM
    New render seems to revert to traditional layout. Well, I haven't looked at all the keys, just at numbers and few others.

https://crackberry.com/new-batch-bla...s-appear-tenaa
    Yay! I am glad if the numbers are reverting to stay where they have been in the past. I think putting them all along the top would have caused hesitation on the part of many of us.
    04-29-18 12:46 PM
    Yay! I am glad if the numbers are reverting to stay where they have been in the past. I think putting them all along the top would have caused hesitation on the part of many of us.
    I’m very happy too.
    04-29-18 01:32 PM
99 1234