I was looking over the leaked render and noticed the number keys span across the entire first row and some of the characters were moved to the second row (vs. the KEYone). Looks like we'll need to retrain our fingers if the render holds true.

KEYone (numbers broken out):
    KEY2: we need to retrain our fingers?-blackberry-keyone-1.jpg

KEYtwo (numbers span across):
    KEY2: we need to retrain our fingers?-athena-1.jpg

Time will tell, I guess.
    anon(9188202) and FF22 like this.
    04-16-18 01:31 PM
    How confident is this?? If so, that's precisely the sort of "fix it till it's broke" result of a slab fan told to design a PKB. Praying that's NOT the case. If so, it represents another way to assure legacy enthusiasts remain stranded! Why is EVERYone so h**l bent to strand BB legacy enthusiasts? Go figure. Lol.
    wikison likes this.
    04-16-18 02:40 PM
    How confident is this?? If so, that's precisely the sort of "fix it till it's broke" result of a slab fan told to design a PKB. Praying that's NOT the case. If so, it represents another way to assure legacy enthusiasts remain stranded! Why is EVERYone so h**l bent to strand BB legacy enthusiasts? Go figure. Lol.
    Even if the number row is across the top keys, which we can all agree we hope won't, at LEAST the keys are matte, sculpted and the frets are actually the frame going in between each row, like the PPSE, which looks really nice. Much better than the mess of chrome frets on matte grey sides of silver K1.
    Qorax likes this.
    04-16-18 04:18 PM
    I don't think adjusting would be a huge issue. However, I don't really see an advantage or a disadvantage to this change if it does hold true.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-16-18 04:21 PM
    Keys are bigger, I like!
    04-16-18 04:32 PM
    Don't give much weight to the render of the keyboard.
    04-16-18 04:45 PM
    i have it on good authority that this is the final design
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    04-16-18 05:38 PM
    gawdalmitee... what are they smokin' ??
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    04-16-18 05:47 PM
    Keys are bigger, I like!
    I don't see that the keys look bigger...
    04-16-18 05:48 PM
    i actually dont like the keyone keyboard at all.. a year of using the keyone, i still dislike it. So any change is welcome.

To me, nothing will ever beat the Q10's keyboard.
    04-16-18 06:19 PM
    I like it. I have big hands and wouldn't mind the numbers being moved slightly to make that easier as I'm often typing things with numbers.
    jamesharmeling and phuoc like this.
    04-16-18 06:38 PM
    Even if the number row is across the top keys, which we can all agree we hope won't, at LEAST the keys are matte, sculpted and the frets are actually the frame going in between each row, like the PPSE, which looks really nice. Much better than the mess of chrome frets on matte grey sides of silver K1.
    I like the way the KEYᵒⁿᵉ frets look. However, the numbers across the top row is more than just a cosmetic change. I think it would take some getting used to.
    04-16-18 07:27 PM
    I don't see the point in changing it. But it's not like I didn't have to accept change before from blackberry (Passport's keyboard). On a side note, I am thinking that the Blackberry symbol in the spacebar of this "Keytwo" will light up like it does on the Keyone. I think I may like that.
    04-16-18 07:49 PM
    I hope this render is just that - a render - and not the final device. I love using PKB devices precisely because I don't have to look at the keyboard to type special characters and numbers. I've learned where they are. As long as I can remember, the numbers have always been on the left side as they are on the KEYone, with some exceptions.

That being said, when a new PKB device becomes available, I'll probably jump in right away and learn new muscle memory, like I did when moving to a Passport.
    04-16-18 10:28 PM
    I imagine what they are try for is a keyboard that mimics a PC's, which is what most are used to. If you want to lure people back to PKB, familiarity might help. I don't think the adjustment for us would be that dramatic.
    04-16-18 11:25 PM
    I imagine what they are try for is a keyboard that mimics a PC's, which is what most are used to. If you want to lure people back to PKB, familiarity might help. I don't think the adjustment for us would be that dramatic.
    Speak for yourself. Some like dramatics around here
    04-17-18 12:35 AM
    I would like the numbers along the top row, despite having to get used to that (if it happens).
    phuoc and wikison like this.
    04-17-18 07:34 AM
    It's funny that you say that, and I agree that this is likely the logic behind the change (if true). However, when choosing a keyboard for a PC, if it doesn't have the additional keyboard on the right side (the number layout like a calculator) it's a deal breaker for me. Typing a digit like' 963159' is nowhere near as efficient with the numbers across the top of the keyboard. One could argue that it's just muscle memory, sure... but for those who have learned said 'memory' from a calculator long before their first BlackBerry and have grown used to it across every device they use for making these calculations, it's going to be an awfully difficult thing to flip-flop back and forth.

I am personally disappointed if they do decide to go with this layout as, in my opinion, they are trying to make the keyboard more 'alphanumerically balanced' when for many, the layout of the numberpad is not just a mere aesthetic thing. Functionally, this is going to be a big compromise for some.
    04-17-18 08:29 AM
    The render is also missing the bump on the "D" key - I doubt that is final, its not something that would be removed.
    tazcubed likes this.
    04-17-18 08:39 AM
    Well, Apple did remove the headphone jack, so I'd say anything can happen with this fruit also
    04-17-18 09:24 AM
    I would like the numbers along the top row, despite having to get used to that (if it happens).
    I agree. I'd have no trouble as what I consider their "random" location on the KeyOne one that requires me to look for each number.

But I do understand the 10-Key calculator keypad idea. My friend's an accountant and she races through number entry on the calculator pad. She entered my tax info with lightning speed. (g) I use it for cursor movement!
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    04-17-18 09:25 AM
    I agree. I'd have no trouble as what I consider their "random" location on the KeyOne one that requires me to look for each number.

But I do understand the 10-Key calculator keypad idea. My friend's an accountant and she races through number entry on the calculator pad. She entered my tax info with lightning speed. (g) I use it for cursor movement!
    “The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.”
    -F. Scott Fitzgerald
    04-17-18 10:35 AM
    The chrome frets match the side buttons and ring around the camera, I think that's what they were going for with the chrome frets as opposed to silver ones.
    04-17-18 11:36 AM
    “The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.”
    -F. Scott Fitzgerald
    Oh, like I want MY money but have to pay those taxes???!!!!!???
    04-17-18 12:18 PM
    two customisable buttons on bottom Row?!
    04-17-18 12:47 PM
99 123 ...