Well said, but what about when Security updates are due and what android system is in that Sony?
    I couldn't care less about the few security updates coming at random times for random versions of the K1. Sometimes they don't come at all. Besides, using common sense (not installing crap from unknown sources etc.) is all the security I need. I've used several Sony Xperia devices in the past. Sony is also the only company making compact high-end smartphones these days. The one I mentioned comes with Android 8.0 Oreo preinstalled (I believe it is the first one to come with Oreo).
    09-28-17 05:27 PM
    Well said, but what about when Security updates are due and what android system is in that Sony?
    It's on Oreo, the very latest OS, more secure than anything else. Sony are quick with updates.
    http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_...mpact-8610.php
    Barbareren and evodevo69 like this.
    09-28-17 05:37 PM
    do you really need more than 2-3 apps opened?
    It's 2017, and you would need more than 2-3 apps opened. It's meant to be productivity device. So opening emails, browser tabs, a document and may be a spreadsheet should work.

The problem isn't with the RAM but how Blackberry has used it. They haven't optimised it. There are phones with lesser RAM that are two years old with better management of apps.
    Barbareren likes this.
    09-28-17 09:15 PM
    It's 2017, and you would need more than 2-3 apps opened. It's meant to be productivity device. So opening emails, browser tabs, a document and may be a spreadsheet should work.

The problem isn't with the RAM but how Blackberry has used it. They haven't optimised it. There are phones with lesser RAM that are two years old with better management of apps.
    I agree, it can happen but for me it's rare. I usually make sure to finish what I'm doing specially if it's something important and I rarely need to have more than 4 apps opened with unfinished content on each. When I have to multitask I prefer doing it on desktop where I will be 10 times faster.
    09-28-17 09:51 PM
    I agree, it can happen but for me it's rare. I usually make sure to finish what I'm doing specially if it's something important and I rarely need to have more than 4 apps opened with unfinished content on each. When I have to multitask I prefer doing it on desktop where I will be 10 times faster.
    If that's the case then they shouldn't advertise it as a productivity device.

Are we saying, it's just a mid range device with keyboard? I disagree with that. The phone doesn't have a lot of customisation or services that can make it hog down even with 3GB. It just need software optimisation that Blackberry has failed to deliver so far. This is the reason we are asking for 4 or 6 GB RAM.

Now the question is, computers with 2 GB RAM can do better multitasking even with worse CPU. We're living with devices that are matching the power of desktops and in many cases we're paying as much too.

I love PKB devices and Blackberry for that reason but will not defend them if they're not working their backside off to deliver. Mind you Keyone is still not a cheap device with the specs it has
    Carlito27 and Barbareren like this.
    09-28-17 10:00 PM
    The problem is Android OS itself. It depends on Java interpreter. The memory management itself is already weak at first time. Remember how iOS performs faster on half hw spec than Android. So you can't blame it on BlackBerry, but on Android.
    evodevo69 likes this.
    09-28-17 10:05 PM
    The problem is Android OS itself. It depends on Java interpreter. The memory management itself is already weak at first time. Remember how iOS performs faster on half hw spec than Android. So you can't blame it on BlackBerry, but on Android.
    I don't know who's to blame, but the K1 is the first Android phone I've owned with these kind of annoying multitasking issues. Maybe it's a Nougat thing. My DTEK50 (Marshmallow) was better at multitasking, with lower specs.
    09-29-17 01:29 PM
    If that's the case then they shouldn't advertise it as a productivity device.

Are we saying, it's just a mid range device with keyboard? I disagree with that. The phone doesn't have a lot of customisation or services that can make it hog down even with 3GB. It just need software optimisation that Blackberry has failed to deliver so far. This is the reason we are asking for 4 or 6 GB RAM.

Now the question is, computers with 2 GB RAM can do better multitasking even with worse CPU. We're living with devices that are matching the power of desktops and in many cases we're paying as much too.

I love PKB devices and Blackberry for that reason but will not defend them if they're not working their backside off to deliver. Mind you Keyone is still not a cheap device with the specs it has
    That is exactly what the consensus is saying.

The PRIV, the dtek50, dtek60, and now the KEYone.

Go back and look at all the silly posts and threads when those devices all launched. Think along the same lines as that KEYone vs S8 video.

Now go and check out the forums today. Not a single one of those phones ever broke away from their flaws and in fact things got worse with time.

If people can't see that it's the blackberry android that's the problem I don't know what else to say. And they're never going to optimize it, they have zero incentive.

Bare minimum to get the updates going for their partners, evidenced by the fact that they can never get them out on time anymore ever since they had more and more devices to handle.

Don't expect more. But keep expecting mediocre phones with overpriced msrp's. TCL is literally gambling with the brand they've taken on.
    09-29-17 05:54 PM
    I had some issues and the apps had installed on my memory card, I moved them to internal storage and no more issues. I do need to get a better quality card and this should fix the crash, lag with app installed on it.
    09-30-17 08:48 AM
34 12