This is what I have opened: Google Chrome (3 tabs), YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Google+ and Spotify.

Browsing the Web and checking Facebook. Spotify randomly stopped playing. So I re-open it, play the song and minimize it. Decided to close Google+ and YouTube. 5 minutes later Spotify stops. Have to re-launch the app.

I'm not even going heavy on this. I've used other phones with 3GB of ram and this is a joke. I have ALL BlackBerry apps deactivated, HUB, Productivity Tab, everything.

I'm picking up the 4GB Black KEYone but I'm thinking that may not deliver what I need.

There's heavy users, then there's me.

Late night time wasting. During the day I have issues with Instagram(switching between multiple accounts), Facebook, Facebook pages, YouTube, YT Studio app, Twitter, Google Chrome or Firefox. I feel like this phone is already showing it's age.

BBMobile. If you're paying attention... 6GB is mandatory for a blackberry claiming to be a powerhouse. I'm trying to use my KEYone full-time and put aside the S8+ for now but it's not proving it can handle it. To say I'm annoyed is putting it lightly.

It's 2017. App refreshes shouldn't be an issue unless you're running 15-20+ apps. Also, SD625 - might be great for battery but sucks for actual productivity. I've used the Moto Z Play - same processor - and it's actually optimized - and you can tell.

I'm disappointed. And to think I only have 4 email accounts on this thing. I'm finding I'm not loading everything when I have 20+ business email accounts to manage. Yet I'm afraid because I don't know if I'll be able to sync properly.

Ugh.
    Genz700 and Barbareren like this.
    09-23-17 03:35 AM
    This is going to be very controversial,lol, but I understand where you are coming from.

I'm not sure how BB setup background app management in the K1 but is there no option to set Spotify not to close at least?

In the Samsungs you can set certain apps not to be optimised or monitored for power usage, and so the phone gives them priority if it gets low on RAM. Does the K1 not have something like that in App settings?

Here's what I am talking about

Go in here and set Spotify to not be optimised, if this option exists
    Last edited by Tsepz_GP; 09-23-17 at 05:06 AM.
    Genz700 likes this.
    09-23-17 04:37 AM
    It needs better OS not RAM. With 6GB of RAM you can run 3D CAD for Architecture apps on Windows and still have spare memory to browse online, have Outlook open and listen to the music.
    09-23-17 05:41 AM
    Which phone model of KEYᵒⁿᵉ and what OS level are you running?

There was an issue with background processes being shut down on the two versions before AAO472 which caused notifications not to fire because the app was completely shut down.

Could be related.
    Genz700 likes this.
    09-23-17 06:15 AM
    This is going to be very controversial,lol, but I understand where you are coming from.

I'm not sure how BB setup background app management in the K1 but is there no option to set Spotify not to close at least?

In the Samsungs you can set certain apps not to be optimised or monitored for power usage, and so the phone gives them priority if it gets low on RAM. Does the K1 not have something like that in App settings?

Here's what I am talking about
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4cd78e939b.jpg

Go in here and set Spotify to not be optimised, if this option exists
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e5fbf825b8.jpg
    There is the option for that. OP should try it out.
    09-23-17 06:32 AM
    It needs better OS not RAM. With 6GB of RAM you can run 3D CAD for Architecture apps on Windows and still have spare memory to browse online, have Outlook open and listen to the music.
    That is not at all the same! On a desktop, windows uses a swap file to complement RAM... something that, to my knowledge, isn’t done on mobile

But... iOS does a much better job with only 2 to 3 GB of RAM...
    Barbareren likes this.
    09-23-17 06:37 AM
    So you're saying bring on BB11 . Then it will run smoothly with 3-4 gb of Ram .
    09-24-17 04:27 PM
    This is what I have opened: Google Chrome (3 tabs), YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Google+ and Spotify.

Browsing the Web and checking Facebook. Spotify randomly stopped playing. So I re-open it, play the song and minimize it. Decided to close Google+ and YouTube. 5 minutes later Spotify stops. Have to re-launch the app.

I'm not even going heavy on this. I've used other phones with 3GB of ram and this is a joke. I have ALL BlackBerry apps deactivated, HUB, Productivity Tab, everything.

I'm picking up the 4GB Black KEYone but I'm thinking that may not deliver what I need.

There's heavy users, then there's me.

Late night time wasting. During the day I have issues with Instagram(switching between multiple accounts), Facebook, Facebook pages, YouTube, YT Studio app, Twitter, Google Chrome or Firefox. I feel like this phone is already showing it's age.

BBMobile. If you're paying attention... 6GB is mandatory for a blackberry claiming to be a powerhouse. I'm trying to use my KEYone full-time and put aside the S8+ for now but it's not proving it can handle it. To say I'm annoyed is putting it lightly.

It's 2017. App refreshes shouldn't be an issue unless you're running 15-20+ apps. Also, SD625 - might be great for battery but sucks for actual productivity. I've used the Moto Z Play - same processor - and it's actually optimized - and you can tell.

I'm disappointed. And to think I only have 4 email accounts on this thing. I'm finding I'm not loading everything when I have 20+ business email accounts to manage. Yet I'm afraid because I don't know if I'll be able to sync properly.

Ugh.
    4gb of ram is good enough if the device is properly optimized. I'd be open to IP68 rating also.
    09-24-17 04:46 PM
    The S8 has 4GB of RAM and you say it handles your needs fine, right?

The solution isn't to throw more RAM at the problem. The solution is to optimize the OS.

I'd like it if BBMobile offered a vanilla Android phone with keyboard. That's what I want. When I think about all of the security and privacy threats I face and prioritize them, having a secure bootloader or custom kernel on my phone are way low on my list of priorities. They don't protect against the actual threats.

But I do want a keyboard! So I wish I had the option of normal vanilla clean Android with a PKB.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-24-17 11:39 PM
    Huge amount of RAM when multitask should not bottlenecked by CPU. When you fully utilized 6 GB RAM, it must be many many apps working in background. The CPU should capable enough in handlin very heavy multitasking. I think for power users who needs 6GB RAM to maximize should be paired started with Snapdragon 800 with octa/hexa core.

My Aurora had 4 GB RAM. But when I multitask heavily, the SD 425 just pushing hard. Checked it with CPU monitoring app like TinyCore.
    09-25-17 03:18 AM
    Huge amount of RAM when multitask should not bottlenecked by CPU. When you fully utilized 6 GB RAM, it must be many many apps working in background. The CPU should capable enough in handlin very heavy multitasking. I think for power users who needs 6GB RAM to maximize should be paired started with Snapdragon 800 with octa/hexa core.

My Aurora had 4 GB RAM. But when I multitask heavily, the SD 425 just pushing hard. Checked it with CPU monitoring app like TinyCore.

Genz700 likes this.
    Following this. This is the main reason I sold my Keyone. I am hoping the Black version to perform better at least.

Please let us know of your findings with the same usage. I hated people who kept saying it was sufficient and defended Keyone. I don't want performance but want the multitasking to at least work.

In one case I opened a tab after filling quite a bit of details, went to get some code etc after searching through my email. When I returned back to post it to the tab, it reloaded the whole page and form.

I have high hopes for Black version. Holding back till then.
    09-27-17 10:37 AM
    I truly hope that the black version (the upgraded specs, not AT&T model) will become available in the US. I love my KeyOne (PKB and excellent battery life for the win!) but I do find it frustrating when I have to wait for apps to reload, etc.

I didn't notice this as much before I got the Samsung Note 8 (6 GB RAM) for my work phone, but now I'm really seeing the difference. I also fairly recently received a system update on my KeyOne and it seems like this issue has become much worse since that update, but perhaps that's my imagination (I've done all the obvious things - cleared the cache, hard reboot, etc).

Bottom line, KeyOne is still my primary phone and will remain so, and it's really not that bad, but I'd like to have it running with less lag/reloading (and I'm not going to shut down all of my apps background functions to achieve this).
    09-27-17 10:50 AM
    I have the 4GB version and it's better than the international 3GB one. But whether the OS is optimised or not I don't know. So far it's serving good. 4GB is good enough If the OS is fully optimised and that where IOS shines. Atleast with 10 apps on the background it does work fine and without any lags. Only good thing about K1 is the PKB and the stellar battery life.if you badly need PKB then K1 is the way forward. Otherwise there is much better option than K1. Even a moto Z with snap820 performs better. Do not expect s8+ performance or compare with K1. They both are at different levels. If you are coming from BB10 OS then don't expect the BB HUB to perform same way in android.
    09-27-17 11:11 AM
    You need a laptop or tablet

Posted via CB10
    09-27-17 11:27 AM
    This ^^^

you are using the wrong tool for the job then complaining that's it's inadequate.
    TCM01 and eldeadache like this.
    09-27-17 12:52 PM
    Following this. This is the main reason I sold my Keyone. I am hoping the Black version to perform better at least.

Please let us know of your findings with the same usage. I hated people who kept saying it was sufficient and defended Keyone. I don't want performance but want the multitasking to at least work.

In one case I opened a tab after filling quite a bit of details, went to get some code etc after searching through my email. When I returned back to post it to the tab, it reloaded the whole page and form.

I have high hopes for Black version. Holding back till then.
    You are certainly right about these people that cannot contribute to a topic with their over zealous attitudes when blackberry devices are found to be under performing, the brand will never improve with their attitudes... Blackberry is marketing us from model to model and we need more from our handsets to interact with the modern world Blackberry is on its last chance after 15 yrs with me..
    Barbareren likes this.
    09-27-17 02:23 PM
    You need a laptop or tablet

Posted via CB10
    Nay, he needs a better phone. For the things that he is doing a laptop or tablet is too much.

This ^^^

you are using the wrong tool for the job then complaining that's it's inadequate.
    Lol, wrong tool for Instagram and Spotify? Wtf. I have officially read it all at CB 😂

So he must get a Laptop or tablet to run "Google Chrome (3 tabs), YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Google+ and Spotify." ??? 😂 I am speechless.
    09-27-17 03:52 PM
    I agree with everyone complaining about the really ****ty RAM (multitasking) management in this thing. Personally I'm keeping an eye on the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. A reasonably priced phone with a manageable size, waterproof and all the top specs while still keeping a compact form factor. The K1's keyboard isn't good enough, imo, to be worth all the shortcomings.
    09-28-17 02:11 PM
    Well said, but what about when Security updates are due and what android system is in that Sony?
    09-28-17 02:44 PM
    do you really need more than 2-3 apps opened?
    09-28-17 03:48 PM
    All we are , are BlackBerry Dreamers . By the time the decide to go with 6 gb ram everyone else will be on to 8 gb ram. Always B..B.. Late for the party...
    Just a thought 🙄
    Genz700 likes this.
    09-28-17 04:13 PM
    But what about those videos of the K1 vs S8? And the subsequent proclamations by K1 owners who echoed that it performed just as great as an s8??

/S

If you ever used the Priv and dtek50 you'd conclude that it was their OS.

Oh I remember the dtek50 with fond memories loll

All the people who bought it kept saying how fast it was and how great it performed. Man lol those were the days
    09-28-17 04:16 PM
    Exactly
    09-28-17 04:38 PM
34 12