Can't win. My BlackBerry priv turns green and screen flashes if it even sits on a cool counter top. Now my work bought me my phone of choice. I asked for a keyone. 4 months in and keys are coming off. The very top right key is missing. I will have to look at pics to see what key. But I never use the phone. I basically take it with me for after hrs problems. I don't want to tell me work it's broken. They laughed when I asked for a blackberry. Can I buy a new button and does it snap on or is it like the old 9300. Just a keypad under the case?
    02-21-18 08:51 PM
    They (work) gave you the phone....They need to fix it. Its an advice a hardware issue. Never heard of Keys coming loss and fallen off.
    02-21-18 09:08 PM
    They (work) gave you the phone....They need to fix it. Its an advice a hardware issue. Never heard of Keys coming loss and fallen off.
    Look for that issue in these forums. There are several cases of keys falling off or getting loose. @RoseBud68 you should talk to whoever gave you the phone and ask for a warranty fix.
    02-22-18 12:46 AM
    I found the key. it looks like it may be glued on. I can go through warranty it's just embarrassing. They laughed at my priv cause it goes green even in room temperature and now a few months old and keys falling off. anyone out there ever tried gluing a key back on?
    02-22-18 04:52 AM
    The keys on the Priv are all the same piece, it's a unibody keyboard. So how the hell did 1 single key fall out???
    02-22-18 06:04 AM
    The keys on the Priv are all the same piece, it's a unibody keyboard. So how the hell did 1 single key fall out???
    02-22-18 06:11 AM
    I know right??
    02-22-18 09:14 AM
    I found the key. it looks like it may be glued on. I can go through warranty it's just embarrassing. They laughed at my priv cause it goes green even in room temperature and now a few months old and keys falling off. anyone out there ever tried gluing a key back on?
    I think there's a thread where someone did glue the key back on CAREFULLY. It would have been in the last two weeks, I believe.
    02-22-18 09:39 AM
    my Q key fell off a while back, I stuck it back on, it was still sticky, hasn't yet come off again
    02-22-18 07:02 PM
    my Q key fell off a while back, I stuck it back on, it was still sticky, hasn't yet come off again
    Did you use some form of adhesive? If so, what? It might help others.
    02-22-18 07:24 PM
    I didn't add anything extra, it was still sticky on the back so I just pressed it back on, held pressure on it for a bit. that was maybe a month ago. hasn't come off again but I'm extra careful with it now
    FF22 likes this.
    02-22-18 07:29 PM
    If you are uncomfortable with doing it precisely, or want to use adhesive and are not sure what to use, you could take it to a cell phone repair shop if there is one nearby. Then you would not have to discuss it with your work place.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-23-18 03:13 AM
    Lol😁
    02-23-18 03:37 AM
    Idk why but I am in complete denial of this issue. The keyboard on the Priv is one single piece, which means by the laws of physics a single key cannot separate, because there is no single key, there is just one solid piece.

Check this out and skip to 2:45 - 2:58

Then come back and convince me that I'm wrong lol
    02-23-18 06:22 AM
    Idk why but I am in complete denial of this issue. The keyboard on the Priv is one single piece, which means by the laws of physics a single key cannot separate, because there is no single key, there is just one solid piece.

Check this out and skip to 2:45 - 2:58

Then come back and convince me that I'm wrong lol
    I don't think that the OP is suggesting that a key on a PRIV fell off.
    02-23-18 06:33 AM
    I don't think that the OP is suggesting that a key on a PRIV fell off.
    Omg I just realized... he was prob referring to the keyone he bought.

I feel stupid now lol
    Wezard likes this.
    02-23-18 06:37 AM
    Omg I just realized... he was prob referring to the keyone he bought.

I feel stupid now lol
    No boon.... It's OK.......
    02-23-18 10:13 AM