As you guys know, I am a big fan of physical qwerty keypads and I think that so far, a tool has not yet been created to successfully surpass the usefulness of this invention.

This article has some interesting opinions on the KEYone and keypad handsets in general.

No, tiny keypads aren't becoming cool again | CIO

So what do you think is:

"The future of physical qwerty keypads?"
    03-11-17 04:24 AM
    It's not for him and that's fine. There's a lot of slab phones out there's with a large screen.

The great thing about the 3310, the x1 was the time these were released. Phones were innovating, phones did look different.. but whatever.. what we have now with VKB is not a perfect replacement to physical keys - that's why phones like the KEYone still exist.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 04:32 AM
    Another case of picking the wrong person for the job.

This moron is trying to compare apples to blackberys
    andyk350 likes this.
    03-11-17 06:09 PM
    I don't understand why people go out of their way to make fun of something or someone. Is it for getting clicks? Popularity? Laughs? Why can't news just be completely objective?

Also, I never trust any websites that have advertisements that have 'the (enter noun here) (enter place here) no one wants you to see!'
    03-11-17 06:41 PM
    All you guys seems to be deeply offended by the article.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 06:55 PM
    As you guys know, I am a big fan of physical qwerty keypads and I think that so far, a tool has not yet been created to successfully surpass the usefulness of this invention.

This article has some interesting opinions on the KEYone and keypad handsets in general.

No, tiny keypads aren't becoming cool again | CIO

So what do you think is:

"The future of physical qwerty keypads?"
    Interesting opinions, but I feel like it stops right there: opinion. The fact is that physical keys will always beat out virtual keys, simply for the reason that it's an actual key. Why do we still use keyboards for desktop computers? Cause they work. Only reason that vkb took off was because they were easier and cheaper to manufacture that pkb, esp since there is a fine art to making a GOOD pkb, and the fact that most people use their keyboards sporadically at best, because they are either looking at webpages, reading, or looking at images. I would say that the busiest piece of hardware (other cpu/gpu/ram) on a phone is the camera because people are either taking pictures or looking at them. Social media is huge to most people and that's fine. Why do you think apple make such a huge deal about their cameras? Or focuses so much time and resources on them? It's because the iphone is a social butterfly phone and that's what they are built and designed to do.

Does this mean that suddenly pkb will take over? No. But I can't tell you the amount of people I've had ask me what phone I have when I'm typing on my Passport, and they say 'man I miss my BlackBerry'. Then I tell them well actually there's a new one coming out in a few weeks called the KEYone and it's android N, but has a classic BlackBerry keyboard, with all the bells and whistles. They go Nutts, I've even given people the BlackBerry Mobile website and seen them enter their info for preorder info. The K1 has some serious potential and this above article claims that there won't be a K2, buckle up buddy get ready for a surprise. He obviously hasn't talked much to Steve Cistulli..

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    03-11-17 07:00 PM
    It's not for him and that's fine. There's a lot of slab phones out there's with a large screen.

The great thing about the 3310, the x1 was the time these were released. Phones were innovating, phones did look different.. but whatever.. what we have now with VKB is not a perfect replacement to physical keys - that's why phones like the KEYone still exist.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    03-11-17 07:01 PM
    I don't understand why people go out of their way to make fun of something or someone. Is it for getting clicks? Popularity? Laughs? Why can't news just be completely objective?

Also, I never trust any websites that have advertisements that have 'the (enter noun here) (enter place here) no one wants you to see!'
    Second ^^

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    03-11-17 07:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm not offended by it, it just leaves me scratching my head. Like this guy does like the K1, doesn't think it'll be good. Okay that's fine if you feel that way, don't get one. It's simple. If you prefer a note/s, or iphone, or moto, or some over glass touch slab, fine, you have a large selection to choose from. Knock yourself out. But what bothers me is that he feels the need to shout about this when he's ignoring that fact that there's a reason that these pkb have held on

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    03-11-17 07:04 PM
    I would say both blackberry fans will love the return of the PKB and new people will try one in a store and love the keyboard.
    03-11-17 07:04 PM
    I'm not offended by it, it just leaves me scratching my head. Like this guy does like the K1, doesn't think it'll be good. Okay that's fine if you feel that way, don't get one. It's simple. If you prefer a note/s, or iphone, or moto, or some over glass touch slab, fine, you have a large selection to choose from. Knock yourself out. But what bothers me is that he feels the need to shout about this when he's ignoring that fact that there's a reason that these pkb have held on

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    Most of them so called journalist or bloggers souls have been bought and sold
    If BlackBerry wants propaganda about its products there is only one way to get that...signed cheque on the table works wonders.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 07:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    I get offended when anyone publishes an article going out of their way to make fun of something or someone. They wrote an article to pretty much just to say that people shouldn't appreciate a keyboard anymore.
    03-11-17 08:18 PM
    Rebirth. Otherwise they wouldn't have made this phone possible.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 10:24 PM
    BlackBerry’s comeback with the KeyOne might make for feel-good headlines, but let’s not forget that BlackBerry has an effective zero percent market share. That works out to around 200,000 customers around the world who were willing to pay for a BlackBerry phone last year. Granted, most of those purchased were likely the Passport and Priv
    That level of journalistic ignorance, disqualifies any opinion they have, in of course, my opinion.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    03-12-17 09:34 PM
    So there are some keyboard fans out there. I just don’t think there are enough of them to bring BlackBerry back to life.
    This extract is the TL;DR of the whole article. Defining just what "life" means is the sticky bit. Cornering the market, hell no. Not going bankrupt (an absurd proposition to the Chen's head on a platter crowd), perhaps.
    03-12-17 09:45 PM
    This extract is the TL;DR of the whole article. Defining just what "life" means is the sticky bit. Cornering the market, hell no. Not going bankrupt (an absurd proposition to the Chen's head on a platter crowd), perhaps.
    Could have shortened that further, to...

I just don’t think
    03-12-17 09:48 PM
    Isn't there a difference between a keypad and a keyboard? Because keypad is DEFINITELY not gonna become cool again.

Posted via one of the Last of BlackBerry's Iconic devices
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-12-17 10:16 PM
    Isn't there a difference between a keypad and a keyboard? Because keypad is DEFINITELY not gonna become cool again.

Posted via one of the Last of BlackBerry's Iconic devices
    Well Nokia just relaunched the 3310...
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    03-12-17 11:32 PM
    Well Nokia just relaunched the 3310...
    It's so vintage that it's still 2G only. Might even complicate things in parts of North America.
    03-12-17 11:45 PM
    It's so vintage that it's still 2G only. Might even complicate things in parts of North America.
    Oh it totally won't work. I think I read it's 900/1800 only.

They missed an opportunity IMO, if it had LTE, Wi-Fi and basic hotspot capabilities, I can see myself getting one for travelling with a tablet.
    03-12-17 11:59 PM
    That is what is puzzling for me. I get why BlackBerry is the butt of smartphone jokes, but the thing is, I think the PRIV and KeyONE are not really meant to 'bring back' pkb days, and most especially not in any way meant to be the new 'cool' phone.
    It's a phone that will most likely target the few who still prefer pkb over vkb, and hopefully, get a few interested enough to jump aboard.
    It's really that simple. These youngsters, of course, cannot grasp this simple concept since they've only really experienced slab phones.
    Now, that Nokia 3310... as much as I've owned one before, I think that is more of a trying too hard to ride the 'cool nostalgia' wave a.k.a. too hipster, 'cos of the old-style pads with 3 letters on a button. It could've been better if it was, at least, 3G and Wi-Fi capable.
    03-13-17 12:57 AM
    I think that the KEYone will sell double or perhaps even triple that of the Passport. The screen is not square and the body is not too wide and it runs Android. A small ripple in the phone world. BUT

They need an all touch that feels and looks like a BlackBerry. A Volvo and not a KIA. The Aurora was a good start.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-13-17 01:40 AM
    Nah I wouldn't say it's either a rebirth or a funeral. PKB is just in a vegetative state on life support. Not quite alive but not quite dead yet. Will the KEYone bring it back to life? I have my doubts, but at least it will keep the life support machine running a little longer.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    03-13-17 11:34 AM