Second keyone, second issue. First phone the screen came out of it within 7 days, now I am 15 days in and the letters are coming off. I am becoming pretty disgusted with this phone. amazon won't do anything as BlackBerry warrantied the first phone, that took almost a month, now here we go again. Anyone else losing keypad number covers? They are all individual and glued on. I am not impressed with this phone at all. Suggestions?
    08-17-17 07:01 PM
    It hasn't happened to me yet, but good chance it will in the future. Most users won't notice this defect. But if you tilt your phone to the side on an angle and look between the keys and frame body, if you can see the keyboard backlight directly, that means your keys are raised too high and can potentially get caught onto your fingers/things etc or fall off completely.
    08-17-17 07:31 PM
    If you can't see the backlight directly (no light sinks through) then your device perfect. I currently have this issue on the left side of the keyboard, my right side is perfect
    08-17-17 07:33 PM
    Second keyone, second issue. First phone the screen came out of it within 7 days, now I am 15 days in and the letters are coming off. I am becoming pretty disgusted with this phone. amazon won't do anything as BlackBerry warrantied the first phone, that took almost a month, now here we go again. Anyone else losing keypad number covers? They are all individual and glued on. I am not impressed with this phone at all. Suggestions?
    Um, actually, please describe how your numbers are "coming off"

(Nobody except OP say anything about this please)
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-18-17 06:13 PM
    They are becoming unglued I guess, q cover is off, a is barely hanging on, using the touch screen instead of the keyboard. It's barely above 100 here in TX, that's shouldn't affect anything. BlackBerry claimed that might have been the issue why the screen fell out. These buttons have tiny little glue strips. Think I might be done. Talking to customer service is more like a blamefest than honoring a warranty on a crappy, (from my point of view) phone. If they won't make it right, I will move on and spread the word, not going to argue and wait on them another month.
    08-18-17 06:22 PM
    It hasn't happened to me yet, but good chance it will in the future. Most users won't notice this defect. But if you tilt your phone to the side on an angle and look between the keys and frame body, if you can see the keyboard backlight directly, that means your keys are raised too high and can potentially get caught onto your fingers/things etc or fall off completely.
    There are no gaps in my keyboard.
    08-18-17 06:25 PM
    Um, actually, please describe how your numbers are "coming off"

(Nobody except OP say anything about this please)
    I think the OP means the keys physically are falling out.

It happens, I've seen it reported with the classic, priv, etc but they seem to be pretty rare.

I'm sure this one is going to be rare as well for the K1.

Not really much to say other than sorry OP but it's probably not a common problem so if you like the phone why not just get another one?

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    08-18-17 06:29 PM
    good for you! I noticed after the first key fell off that the left side of the keypad is higher, so it's probably the gap between the edge of the letter covers and the framework it sits over that causes those keys to hang on anything and peel off.
    08-18-17 06:30 PM
    There are no gaps in my keyboard.
    That's a good thing!
    08-18-17 06:36 PM
    Because this is the second phone in a row. First one was a screen falling out, haven't had 30 days use yet. I love the phone, build quality isn't up to my standards, I have wore out every other BlackBerry I have owned since before the pearl, 7730? Was the first. My q10, classic and PRIV work fine, I bought this to replace my BlackBerry flip, gawd I loved that phone the most. Wish I could find another one for Verizon.
    08-18-17 06:37 PM
    Because this is the second phone in a row. First one was a screen falling out, haven't had 30 days use yet. I love the phone, build quality isn't up to my standards, I have wore out every other BlackBerry I have owned since before the pearl, 7730? Was the first. My q10, classic and PRIV work fine, I bought this to replace my BlackBerry flip, gawd I loved that phone the most. Wish I could find another one for Verizon.
    Have you spoken to BlackBerry on Twitter? Send them pics and tell them your issue.

This issue reminds me of why back in the early 2000s some OEMs like Nokia, Samsung, Motorola and Sony Ericsson began either using single piece for each row of keys OR one giant flexible for the entire keyboard, on some of their phones.
    08-19-17 02:23 AM
    If you bought from Amazon and you are under 30 days they will accept the return. I've never had them not and I have returned my fair share of items.
    08-19-17 02:27 AM
    sad....to hear falling off screen ,and keypad .don't kNow whether the battery falling off ? . BlackBerry wake up .
    08-19-17 03:30 AM
    What date is your phone? Read: year /month / day
    Attached Thumbnails Keypad numbers coming  off-61432.jpg  
    08-19-17 04:10 AM
    They are becoming unglued I guess, q cover is off, a is barely hanging on, using the touch screen instead of the keyboard. It's barely above 100 here in TX, that's shouldn't affect anything. BlackBerry claimed that might have been the issue why the screen fell out. These buttons have tiny little glue strips. Think I might be done. Talking to customer service is more like a blamefest than honoring a warranty on a crappy, (from my point of view) phone. If they won't make it right, I will move on and spread the word, not going to argue and wait on them another month.
    Can you post pic please 😀
    FF22 likes this.
    08-19-17 04:13 AM
    I would also like to see a picture of the lifting keys. Thanks.
    08-19-17 08:54 AM
    I think the OP means the keys physically are falling out.

It happens, I've seen it reported with the classic, priv, etc but they seem to be pretty rare.

I'm sure this one is going to be rare as well for the K1.

Not really much to say other than sorry OP but it's probably not a common problem so if you like the phone why not just get another one?

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    Ok, what threw me off was OP specifically said the numbers are coming off, as if only the numbers are being rubbed off, lol.
    08-20-17 02:01 AM
    I would also like to see a picture of the lifting keys. Thanks.
    My letter O fell off and there didn't seem to be any foreshadowing of this...

The virtual keyboard makes the screen so tiny!

Please see the link below:

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12994443

Since the Keyone seems like it is prone to do this, I'm even happier I made the decision to go back to a regular phone.

I'm going to miss the Keyone's battery life and I hope the S8+ is comparable.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-20-17 11:25 PM
    My letter O fell off and there didn't seem to be any foreshadowing of this...

The virtual keyboard makes the screen so tiny!

Please see the link below:

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12994443

Since the Keyone seems like it is prone to do this, I'm even happier I made the decision to go back to a regular phone.

I'm going to miss the Keyone's battery life and I hope the S8+ is comparable.
    S8+ battery life beats my KEYone.. better processor and software optimization.
    08-21-17 10:04 AM
    iI know when I here another possible defect there's definitely a great cause of concern because most of us arson our second "replacement" devices!!! Now what, wait for the keys to fall off like stick on nails!?!?
    08-21-17 09:26 PM
    Most of us? I'd like to see the data on that. Or is it just the standard "I'd like to think that I'm part of the majority" syndrome?
    08-22-17 08:31 AM
    My Q key is ripping off as well. It is now raised high enough where you can easily fit a credit card under it and I've had nothing other than normal use...in and out of my pocket and using the phone. I never had a problem with the Passport during 3 years of use. The fingerprint scanner started to fail and then did fail completely for a week. The software stopped recognizing the scanner and it wasn't an option in the settings. It took a week for support to send me a label (I had to e-mail them twice) and they shipped back my phone with a note that they changed my IMEI (this wasn't needed). I had no phone for a week and they did nothing else. After another tedious half hour with support, they said they'd send me a label in 24 hours. I told them I've already been without a phone for a week with nothing done so could they at least send an overnight return label. They said that they couldn't do that and it had to be ground. That conversation was two days ago and I still have no label. I love the phone but this is brutal. At least there are other owners out there that haven't had these issues.
    08-23-17 11:13 AM
    hey BlackBerry... do other makers (TCL) get infected with your "cheap glue" bug which is apparently incurable?
    08-23-17 11:22 AM
    Most of us? I'd like to see the data on that. Or is it just the standard "I'd like to think that I'm part of the majority" syndrome?
    I'd like to see data on most of the things you say....

How's your 2 day battery life going? lol
    08-24-17 10:49 AM
    I'd like to see data on most of the things you say....

How's your 2 day battery life going? lol
    Oh? When did I say anything about what most or all people are doing or experiencing? And my 2 day battery life is fine. I've forgotten to put my phone on charge many times already when I fell asleep and have no portable usb-c chargers at all... Thanks for your concern. ;-)
    08-24-17 11:18 AM
37 12