Careful with that assumption.

There are two "US-centric" versions -- one will work with Verizon but the other will not.

The one that WILL run on Verizon is missing LTE bands 8, 17, 19, 25, and 26.

Unfortunately AT&T actively uses 17 and Sprint uses 25, 26 (and 41). Since Sprint ALSO uses CDMA this means there is no Sprint compatibility that's worthwhile.

Band 17 is AT&Ts extended range LTE, similar to T-Mobile's Band 12. Missing it will suck if you're on AT&T and in other-than-major-metro areas it is the LTE band on AT&T. Without it you're going to fall back a LOT and your service will be severely compromised.

Both T-Mobile and AT&T actively use LTE Bands 2 & 4 (in a LOT of places), as does Verizon -- those are both relatively high-frequency bands and thus well-suited for higher-density, shorter-range tower locations (where population density is higher.)

Therefore you must choose what you want interchange with as (at least right now) T-Mobile will work perfectly well with either, but your option is to be fully operable either on AT&T OR Verizon, but not both.
    03-15-17 09:48 AM
    For example?
    Well, regarding frequencies, see the post below about the two US variants and VZW vs AT&T operability.

Regarding features and software, see my post elsewhere in this forum about the Priv launching unlocked, and not having AT&T features available to it except under certain circumstances. You an also see exhaustive discussions about it in the Priv forum from late 2015.
    03-15-17 11:23 AM
    For example?
    On example would be Wi-Fi calling... there is a difference in a carrier allowing a device on their network, and fully supporting or unlocking all features for non supported devices.

I fully expect Verizon and AT&T will have the KEYone.... if not TCL is wasting their time. They have stated that enterprise is their focus, and without Verizon and AT&T they will not get US Enterprise.
    03-15-17 02:13 PM
    My guess is that Verizon essentially demanded that Band 17 be disabled in any version they picked up as a condition of doing so -- thus preventing you from MOVING with the device between them and AT&T.

This sort of blatantly anti-competitive action, if it occurred, ought to be prosecuted by the DOJ as a rank violation of 15 USC under anti-tying law, but we no longer have the rule of law in the United States -- so it won't be.
    03-15-17 02:45 PM
    Verizon always had at least one BlackBerry...
    03-15-17 03:02 PM
    I am glad that I am with t-mobile!
    03-15-17 03:30 PM
    U.S. carriers are embarrassing.
    03-15-17 03:45 PM
    It is still a crap deal though because if you are with T-Mobile now, while you can buy and use either version, you must choose between which of the other two you would like to maintain the ability to move to at the time of purchase.

This is why that sort of constraint is broadly illegal in the United States; it's "reach" is beyond the immediate and present customer relationship and restrains trade. If you have market power this sort of act is supposed to bring the law down on your head -- and all three of the majors DO have said market power.
    krazyatom likes this.
    03-15-17 03:55 PM
    Anyone know why TCL doesn't just release one world phone that worked on every frequency? Why bother with different variants and such when you can keep it simple with just one model world wide.
    03-15-17 04:05 PM
    Anyone know why TCL doesn't just release one world phone that worked on every frequency? Why bother with different variants and such when you can keep it simple with just one model world wide.
    $$$$$
    03-15-17 04:58 PM
    I'm in a highly-populated metropolitan area of the US, but T-Mobile's signals here are awful, while Verizon Wireless works well. When my sister visits me, she has had a terrible time getting a phone signal on her T-Mobile android phones, while my VZW phone is clear as a bell. Yet where she lives, T-Mobile gives her the best coverage. So we all choose the carrier which works best for us, knowing that we might have to compromise as we travel across the country. *shrug*
    john_v likes this.
    03-15-17 06:38 PM
    I agree. I'm also in a large Metro area and Verizon has always out performed T-Mobile and AT&T IMO.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.3.2049
    03-15-17 08:17 PM
    I've answered this question on many threads already, yet it keeps being brought up.

Yeah for BB! KEYone CDMA (Sprint and Verizon) and GSM (AT&T) - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

To be more clear, Bruce Walpole said it will be available to work on all major US carriers. Whether it comes to their stores, remains to be seen.
    03-15-17 08:28 PM
    I agree. I'm also in a large Metro area and Verizon has always out performed T-Mobile and AT&T IMO.

Ditto.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 08:53 PM
    Because there are carriers (Verizon) that WILL NOT carry the device if it will work on their competitors, and the US DOJ will NOT bring charges (which they should, as such is a BLATANT violation of 100+ year old anti-trust law.)

The executives of these firms should be in PRISON.
    03-15-17 09:03 PM
    Because there are carriers (Verizon) that WILL NOT carry the device if it will work on their competitors, and the US DOJ will NOT bring charges (which they should, as such is a BLATANT violation of 100+ year old anti-trust law.)

The executives of these firms should be in PRISON.
    Verizon is seriously a sad joke.
    03-15-17 09:13 PM
    Verizon is seriously a sad joke.
    I realize I'm over-paying on BigRed, but having a reliable connection is "no joke" to me.

BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-19-17 08:45 PM
    I realize I'm over-paying on BigRed, but having a reliable connection is "no joke" to me.

I have really good pricing on VZW, but really hate to see this thread desend into carrier A is better than carrier B, so I hadn't piped in.

Not directing this at you NCA510 in particular...
    This is a T-Mo thread, and everyone should respect that.
    03-19-17 08:55 PM
    Does anyone know if FM will be enabled on this device?
    05-09-17 07:22 PM
    Does anyone know if FM will be enabled on this device?
    Yes, FM radio is there.
    bjones7134 likes this.
    05-09-17 08:03 PM
45 12