I'm bouncing back an forth between an old Priv and a KEYᵒⁿᵉ and I literally can't find anything I like better. Was genuinely worried about Priv becoming unusable this year (finally) but I'm finding that between 2-4 charges a day I can get by quite easily still (tho I'm sure w/ in another year this many charges will finally kill it lol). I looove the Priv like nothing else I've ever seen. KEYᵒⁿᵉ is very solid, and except for longer YouT sessions I'm very happy w/ it, and it's becoming my main phone more and more as the Priv gets more and more problems. But nothing I've tested is nearly as satisfying as the tic tacs of hitting those keys and omigosh those shortcuts. And I've looked into a LOT of products lol, from the 120Hz refresh screen of a Razer phone to the boombox speaker of an LG v40, to the almost-everything package of a Note10+ just recently. BlackBerry reigns supreme to this day
    11-22-19 11:58 PM
    I'm bouncing back an forth between an old Priv and a KEYᵒⁿᵉ and I literally can't find anything I like better. Was genuinely worried about Priv becoming unusable this year (finally) but I'm finding that between 2-4 charges a day I can get by quite easily still (tho I'm sure w/ in another year this many charges will finally kill it lol). I looove the Priv like nothing else I've ever seen. KEYᵒⁿᵉ is very solid, and except for longer YouT sessions I'm very happy w/ it, and it's becoming my main phone more and more as the Priv gets more and more problems. But nothing I've tested is nearly as satisfying as the tic tacs of hitting those keys and omigosh those shortcuts. And I've looked into a LOT of products lol, from the 120Hz refresh screen of a Razer phone to the boombox speaker of an LG v40, to the almost-everything package of a Note10+ just recently. BlackBerry reigns supreme to this day
    Not being funny and PRIV not for me anymore, but why not replace the battery?
    11-23-19 12:44 AM
    why not replace the battery?
    I'm afraid to brick the phone/have worse problems. It took me years to try the resolution tweak, and that had no notice effect whatsoever
    11-23-19 12:48 AM
    I'm afraid to brick the phone/have worse problems. It took me years to try the resolution tweak, and that had no notice effect whatsoever
    Have a professional swap out battery if you’re concerned.
    11-23-19 12:53 AM
    professional swap
    Well, #1 I think it's a software issue much more than hardware, but also 2nd I don't want to risk it. The battery shouldn't be in terrible shape, even after all these years, cuz I've always swapped my SIM, so it would be like every other day, or 2 days w/ the Priv, 3 days w/ my KEYone or another phone I was testing etc
    11-23-19 12:56 AM
    Well, #1 I think it's a software issue much more than hardware, but also 2nd I don't want to risk it. The battery shouldn't be in terrible shape, even after all these years, cuz I've always swapped my SIM, so it would be like every other day, or 2 days w/ the Priv, 3 days w/ my KEYone or another phone I was testing etc
    The PRIV and it’s characteristics are well documented. It was trouble prone and the_boon, and others, even documented about every PRIV trick known to man 3-4 years ago.

If memory serves, the PRIV and DTEK suffered from similar battery issues. The PRIV worse though, since it’s 808 seemed to overheat and operate inefficiently. As the battery runs down, it needs to be constantly on recharging. Cycling the battery over and over cycles and wears out the battery faster. Batteries wear out with age too.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-23-19 01:17 AM
    Using my KEY2 RED edition alongside my PRIV. Yes for me PKB's all the way.
    With regards to KEY2 RED edition it's a total improvement over my KEYone.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-23-19 02:05 AM
    You won't brick the phone if you just turn it off before swapping the battery...
    11-23-19 11:55 PM
    I want a Key2 as my next phone. Using KeyOne now though I have really no reason to replace unless I'll break it.
    Rico4you likes this.
    11-27-19 10:36 AM
    No.
    John Albert likes this.
    11-27-19 12:59 PM
    it may be an issue in the hands of Unihertz...
    12-01-19 02:34 PM
    I want a Key2 as my next phone. Using KeyOne now though I have really no reason to replace unless I'll break it.
    Its a mayor upgrade. I had my KEY2 in for repair took a very bad fall ...cracked screen / usb port damaged...in the meantime was using my KEYone. Now got my KEY2 back and it's night and day. KEY2 is just so much better. No questions.
    12-01-19 03:52 PM
    Its a mayor upgrade. I had my KEY2 in for repair took a very bad fall ...cracked screen / usb port damaged...in the meantime was using my KEYone. Now got my KEY2 back and it's night and day. KEY2 is just so much better. No questions.
    I agree that the KEY2 seems like the better device. The main feature I want is the shortcut key so I can use keyboard shortcuts from inside apps. However, it's not enough of a difference for me to upgrade my KEYone, especially since the AT&T variant I have is still receiving security updates!

I'm sure that increased memory and RAM would matter to some people, but I have no issues with my 3/32 KEYone.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    12-01-19 04:32 PM
    I'll wait for my K1 to go completely caput and then I'll say good riddance to BlackBerry.

BlackBerry has become more trouble than it's worth.
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    12-01-19 06:40 PM
    I'll wait for my K1 to go completely caput and then I'll say good riddance to BlackBerry.

BlackBerry has become more trouble than it's worth.
    You have a point. But I'm hooked on a PKB…
    12-02-19 11:35 AM
65 123