Will they continue to make phones? I hope so. My wife just ditched her iPhone 6S Plus and is now using my Motion. she loves it. I'm using a KEYone Black Edition. I'll probably have another year to a year and a half on these devices. No point buying a Key2 after that.
    Man what a battery life upgrade from the iSlab 6S Plus to a Motion
    11-09-19 10:57 PM
    No it is not just you. The Keyone was my last Blackberry as well. I made the switch a few months ago for the Pix 3a. The Keyone BE was a great device and pound for pound the best BlackBerry I have owned.
    11-10-19 12:11 AM
    Unless something changes, my AT&T KEYone and BE KEYone are my last two BlackBerry hardware. The changes would have to be that BB or BB licensed offered through AT&T or if factory unlocked would have to have AT&T WFC supported. At this point I’m using an XR with eSIM handling both my lines
    11-10-19 05:29 AM
    I forgot to add...

Yes, the KEYone will likely be my last BlackBerry phone, and, hopefully, my last Android phone. It's an interesting ecosystem, but with a handful of exceptions, I don't really need mobile apps to run my life or my businesses. I need a mobile device for email, calendar, contacts, and, of course, phone calls, but both Android and iOS are overkill for that. Pretty much everything else is better on my PC.

The obvious exception is GPS, which, together with the camera and email, is one of the big three "killer apps" of mobile. But the privacy issues related to using GPS services are more important, so I prefer to live as people have for most of modern history, with maps and a sense of direction.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    11-10-19 06:03 AM
    Will they continue to make phones? I hope so. My wife just ditched her iPhone 6S Plus and is now using my Motion. she loves it. I'm using a KEYone Black Edition. I'll probably have another year to a year and a half on these devices. No point buying a Key2 after that.
    Nice I actually prefer the look and feel of the BE over the key2. It just feels more sturdier in the hand. I actually like the PKB better and the weight of the phone just feels like a workhorse
    11-10-19 11:21 AM
    Unless something changes, my AT&T KEYone and BE KEYone are my last two BlackBerry hardware. The changes would have to be that BB or BB licensed offered through AT&T or if factory unlocked would have to have AT&T WFC supported. At this point I’m using an XR with eSIM handling both my lines
    This played the biggest role in my switch. Sad that you can't get that feature on a carrier device.
    11-10-19 06:14 PM
    Man what a battery life upgrade from the iSlab 6S Plus to a Motion
    You are so right! She is thrilled! That last update to her iPhone pretty much made it near unusable. She jumped headlong into the Android world. Loving the Motion.
    11-10-19 06:26 PM
    It will likely be my last.

I think all the worry about transitioning to a vkb is way over blown. I would love another BlackBerry, but I think it will be ok to move on when the time comes.
    11-10-19 07:36 PM
    This played the biggest role in my switch. Sad that you can't get that feature on a carrier device.
    That’s what I said to AT&T rep and to my daughter last year as she was getting her XR for school reward. The nice rep explained I could, just not on a BlackBerry Mobile device. He explained that not all carrier hardware doesn’t support WFC, only the phones that AT&T wants to support and drive sales with. Primarily that’s flagship Android/iOS hardware and some mid-tier from the same OEMs in carrier promotions as well. Since AT&T was doing a BOGO, I got one free and several months later here we are.
    11-10-19 07:51 PM
    I think all the worry about transitioning to a vkb is way over blown.
    Well, surely a transition to a VKB is doable and eventually you will be able to type as fast (or maybe even faster) on the PKB.

Then again, I will stick to PKB as long as possible - I simply love the haptics. And I don't see why I should force myself to change that only because damned Apple created an iPhone 12 years ago with it's only innovation being "pinch and zoom" , some sensors and a ridiculous price for a phone unable to do Copy&Paste
    11-11-19 01:45 AM
    Well, surely a transition to a VKB is doable and eventually you will be able to type as fast (or maybe even faster) on the PKB.

Then again, I will stick to PKB as long as possible - I simply love the haptics. And I don't see why I should force myself to change that only because damned Apple created an iPhone 12 years ago with it's only innovation being "pinch and zoom" , some sensors and a ridiculous price for a phone unable to do Copy&Paste
    As great a deal as I got on my BE KEYone or the fact that I purchased AT&T KEYone before that doesn’t change the fact that both have been relegated to WiFi only devices for me.

I prefer BBAndroid over BB10 and over Android itself. Even more importantly, PKB is my preferred form while the VKB is my delegated form.

Unfortunately the Android/iOS business models favor iOS for device longevity and support from a software perspective.
    11-11-19 06:23 AM

I wonder if some are just stubborn and afraid to try (not saying you). I really don't think it is that bad now. I was very against it years ago when I tried an iPhone and found the vkb too narrow. Things have come a long way since then.
    11-11-19 06:42 AM
    It will likely be my last.

I think all the worry about transitioning to a vkb is way over blown. I would love another BlackBerry, but I think it will be ok to move on when the time comes.
    I carried an iPhone as my only daily device for several months back in 2012, and I was never fast or accurate in the iOS keyboard, no matter how much I used it. I could certainly get by, but it was a step backward.

Then, when BlackBerry launched the Z10 in 2013, I switched and was fast and accurate on the BlackBerry VKB within a couple of days. It just seemed to adapt to my fingers with more accurate error correction better than the Apple VKB. When you add in the extremely accurate and fast flick to type, I am much faster on my BlackBerry VKB than on my BlackBerry PKB, albeit with a slight loss in accuracy.

If I could choose any keyboard, it would be my Bold's PKB on BBOS because the trackpad and keyboard shortcut combinations were so much faster and more accurate for editing. I have never had as good an experience editing on any of the BB10 VKBs or PKBs, and editing on Android is a crap experience, IMO (though iOS us still much worse).

11-11-19 08:34 AM
    I carried an iPhone as my only daily device for several months back in 2012, and I was never fast or accurate in the iOS keyboard, no matter how much I used it. I could certainly get by, but it was a step backward.

Then, when BlackBerry launched the Z10 in 2013, I switched and was fast and accurate on the BlackBerry VKB within a couple of days. It just seemed to adapt to my fingers with more accurate error correction better than the Apple VKB. When you add in the extremely accurate and fast flick to type, I am much faster on my BlackBerry VKB than on my BlackBerry PKB, albeit with a slight loss in accuracy.

If I could choose any keyboard, it would be my Bold's PKB on BBOS because the trackpad and keyboard shortcut combinations were so much faster and more accurate for editing. I have never had as good an experience editing on any of the BB10 VKBs or PKBs, and editing on Android is a crap experience, IMO (though iOS us still much worse).

It seems we agree on PKB on BBOS with either 9000 or 9900 either way. I miss 2010-2012 sometimes.
    11-11-19 09:05 AM
    It seems we agree on PKB on BBOS with either 9000 or 9900 either way. I miss 2010-2012 sometimes.
    Absolutely,

You see how I write. I'm constantly moving and cutting sentences and paragraphs, compressing and expanding ideas. My writing isn't nearly as concise or clear on BB10 as it was on BBOS because the editing is too finicky and imprecise. I could make very complex edits without thinking about it on BBOS.

Android is even worse for me.

11-11-19 09:10 AM
    I wonder if some are just stubborn and afraid to try (not saying you). I really don't think it is that bad now.
    I don't know about others complaining, but I did use VKB while my KeyOne was in for repair. And yes, I got along. And no, I won't stick to the KeyOne once it has clearly become outdated.

I simply don't see why industry semms to pretend, VKB is the only reasonable way. Why do we still have physical keyboards connected to our desktops if VKB were the best thing possible?

I agree, screen real estate may be a valid point for some - but certainly not for all. IIRC, there are some iPhone screens not bigger or maybe even smaller than that of the KeyOne.
    11-11-19 09:11 AM

What about a newer iPhone? I would imagine the vkb has improved a lot plus their phones are much wider now.
    11-11-19 09:24 AM
    I don't know about others complaining, but I did use VKB while my KeyOne was in for repair. And yes, I got along. And no, I won't stick to the KeyOne once it has clearly become outdated.

I simply don't see why industry semms to pretend, VKB is the only reasonable way. Why do we still have physical keyboards connected to our desktops if VKB were the best thing possible?

I agree, screen real estate may be a valid point for some - but certainly not for all. IIRC, there are some iPhone screens not bigger or maybe even smaller than that of the KeyOne.
    My impression about PKB for most people is that anything that requires that level of precision also best served with laptop or desktop full sized PKB with full hardware and software capabilities. Everything in between is some level of compromise.
    11-11-19 09:33 AM
    What about a newer iPhone? I would imagine the vkb has improved a lot plus their phones are much wider now.
    Thanks. I have no interest in the iPhone. I own an iPad which I use for media. I don't think the new iOS or iPhone offer any improvement over BB10 for my needs.

I really don't like the iPhone experience for multitasking, or the locking strategies they use to keep me on their platform.

11-11-19 10:10 AM
    I had preordered the KEY2 but after a month of release and still not having my phone I canceled. Still have my KEYone and use it occasionally but have moved on to other phones.

The KEY2's cameras being a downgrade from KEYone and no screen improvements were a big reason in me never picking one up down the line. Still hoping for a KEY3 but realize that's not too likely.
    11-11-19 11:16 AM
    Thanks. I have no interest in the iPhone. I own an iPad which I use for media. I don't think the new iOS or iPhone offer any improvement over BB10 for my needs.

I really don't like the iPhone experience for multitasking, or the locking strategies they use to keep me on their platform.

I was more curious about the typing experience and not that you should be using one.
    11-11-19 01:24 PM
    I was more curious about the typing experience and not that you should be using one.
    Ah. I would be happy to try one out sometime. I hate the VKB on my iPad because I'm useless now without flick to type!

11-11-19 01:31 PM
    so inlove with my keyone so nope
    11-12-19 02:41 PM
    so inlove with my keyone so nope
    NEXT phone . . .
    11-12-19 02:53 PM
    as long as BlackBerry devices are in the market and have a pkb this will not be my last BlackBerry phone.
    11-13-19 11:58 PM
65 123