For someone that wasn't with BlackBerry from the very beginning but has been since the model 8800, i.e. since all of 12 years, I am gradually -- in my head & heart atleast -- moving away from the brand.

I always thought that the greatest phone that BlackBerry ever built was the Passport. I still use it but there are no Apps for it anymore, so it remains a second or third phone (how many can one keep and maintain?). Support for BB10 is all but over.

Moving to what I thought was to the future with the KEYone (BBB100-7), I found that, 1.5 years later, the licensed brand manufacturer (TCL) just left us in the lurch with no more updates since early 2019 (ABP244).

It sucks!!

Now, after the KEY2 emerged with ridiculous specifications, we thought that a KEY3 would arrive... but even there disappointment looms large!

Wait for what?
    There aren't even any leaks -- no ray of hope even!!

So...
    I have moved now to a OnePlus 7T Pro and continue to use the KEYone a bit and have now totally put away the Passport. An era has come to an end, as has a relationship UNLESS THERE IS A BB MIRACLE?!

Until then, I am tired of waiting... hoping... wishing!!
    arif b santoso likes this.
    11-07-19 08:26 PM
    You could have just gotten a KEY2 or LE instead of the OnePlus which has nothing to do with BlackBerry but I guess I understand your decision.

Some just want up to date devices, and the KEY2 doesn't feel very up to date (thanks mostly to that mediocre LCD and capacitive nav keys)
    11-07-19 08:32 PM
    For someone that wasn't with BlackBerry from the very beginning but has been since the model 8800, i.e. since all of 12 years, I am gradually -- in my head & heart atleast -- moving away from the brand.

I always thought that the greatest phone that BlackBerry ever built was the Passport. I still use it but there are no Apps for it anymore, so it remains a second or third phone (how many can one keep and maintain?). Support for BB10 is all but over.

Moving to what I thought was to the future with the KEYone (BBB100-7), I found that, 1.5 years later, the licensed brand manufacturer (TCL) just left us in the lurch with no more updates since early 2019 (ABP244).

It sucks!!

Now, after the KEY2 emerged with ridiculous specifications, we thought that a KEY3 would arrive... but even there disappointment looms large!

Wait for what?
    There aren't even any leaks -- no ray of hope even!!

So...
    I have moved now to a OnePlus 7T Pro and continue to use the KEYone a bit and have now totally put away the Passport. An era has come to an end, as has a relationship UNLESS THERE IS A BB MIRACLE?!

Until then, I am tired of waiting... hoping... wishing!!
    No more BlackBerry for me.
    Ready to move to iPhone XS.
    John Albert likes this.
    11-07-19 11:22 PM
    No more BlackBerry for me either, switched to a cheap Chinese zte phone and was shocked to find out how much exponentially better it was. John Chen destroyed BlackBerry, this is what happens when you put zero effort in. Company has failed in every angle and the guy who should have been dumped long ago reigns the throne as the castle or what's remaining burns away.
    11-08-19 12:11 AM
    How did Chen destroy blackberry? He came in and found a mess of a company already. Nothing he could have done would have saved the phone business.
    Rico4you likes this.
    11-08-19 12:16 AM
    John Chen had, as a leader, a decision to make. He did believe at this time that BlackBerry phone maker position was over. BlackBerry failed and he was, and still, right.
    John Chen saved BlackBerry.
    When he took over the company, they had already 3 years late in technology, with no marketing and no commercial positioning.
    Thorsten didn't help, even with a great tech and device staff. BB10 has wonderful features, but they may had gone with Android from the start.
    What I hope know is that BlackBerry and John Chen drop their low level manufacturers deals and let us have either a real high end BlackBerry made device or a high end maker device like OnePlus with a realistic BlackBerry royalties contract.
    elfabio80 and Rico4you like this.
    11-08-19 01:31 AM
    Mine was Z30
    11-08-19 02:09 AM
    I use a PKB to suit my special needs and will follow that feature wherever it takes me. that said, we shall see if Unihertz brings out an alternative Titan or Titanic...
    11-08-19 09:18 AM
    No more BlackBerry for me.
    Ready to move to iPhone XS.
    Better buy a battery case for that XS.

My brother in law bought a brand new one in February of this year, after just 9 months the capacity has gone to 88% of original capacity.

Basically, when his phone is at 100%, it's equivalent to when the phone had 88% when brand new.

And since that phone doesn't have great battery life to begin with out of the box, it's really gonna be supbar a few months down the road.

Get the Apple Smart battery case.
    arif b santoso likes this.
    11-08-19 09:47 AM
    Better buy a battery case for that XS.

My brother in law bought a brand new one in February of this year, after just 9 months the capacity has gone to 88% of original capacity.

Basically, when his phone is at 100%, it's equivalent to when the phone had 88% when brand new.

And since that phone doesn't have great battery life to begin with out of the box, it's really gonna be supbar a few months down the road.

Get the Apple Smart battery case.
    Yes and i will use my ipad charger too.
    Thanks.
    11-08-19 09:58 AM
    Yes, it was my last BB.
    11-08-19 10:41 AM
    I have a keyone black edition for over half a year and I am very pleased with it
    11-08-19 11:16 AM
    I say we are glad that there is still blackberry on the market, even if it is produced by TLC, I would be sorry to disappear the keyboard typing, it has its charm. ☺️
    TSIAGO77 likes this.
    11-08-19 11:27 AM
    I can't easily use a VKB
    For that reason I am staying with BlackBerry for its hard KB
    TSIAGO77 likes this.
    11-08-19 11:28 AM
    You could have just gotten a KEY2 or LE instead of the OnePlus which has nothing to do with BlackBerry but I guess I understand your decision.

Some just want up to date devices, and the KEY2 doesn't feel very up to date (thanks mostly to that mediocre LCD and capacitive nav keys)
    The capacitive nav keys are a selling point, as far as I'm concerned. They are much more reliable than the on again off again screen-based ones for someone who switches tasks constantly. Hopefully, the future in Android is gesture-based so we can eventually go "back to the future" with absolutely no nav buttons a la BB10.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    11-08-19 11:40 AM
    I'm fine with Chen. When I bought my BlackBerry flip phone, curve, Q10 and Classic, all I heard from each salesperson was " why are you buying that. They'll be out of business by the end of year". Well, I have a KeyOne now and they're still in business . They're obviously not the same company they were before but they're still in business and that's pretty much what Chen was brought in for.
    Lionothundercat likes this.
    11-08-19 12:08 PM
    The capacitive nav keys are a selling point, as far as I'm concerned. They are much more reliable than the on again off again screen-based ones
    Huh? On the Priv, the navigation keys are part of the display and NOT separate piece of hardware, and they're extremely reliable and work every time.
    On Samsungs, same thing etc
    11-08-19 12:22 PM
    Huh? On the Priv, the navigation keys are part of the display and NOT separate piece of hardware, and they're extremely reliable and work every time.
    On Samsungs, same thing etc
    My experience is that screen-based nav buttons are a PITA because they require a preliminary gesture to make them visible/available. I much prefer the KEYone to the Priv, which made too many sacrifices to the display.

If we have to have nav buttons, I'd prefer them to be separate pieces of hardware. The only reason to make them part of the display is to allow for a bigger screen, and the LAST thing the KEY phones need is a bigger screen. I would prefer a screen 2/3 the size of the one we have, but that's not something Android can support.

11-08-19 02:22 PM
    Well, if BlackBerry Mobile does not release a phone, whatever BlackBerry we have would be the last BlackBerry for all of us. Lol

For me, I am happy with my Motion, Key2 LE, and Keyone BE.
    11-09-19 12:35 AM
    My experience is that screen-based nav buttons are a PITA because they require a preliminary gesture to make them visible/available. I much prefer the KEYone to the Priv, which made too many sacrifices to the display.

If we have to have nav buttons, I'd prefer them to be separate pieces of hardware. The only reason to make them part of the display is to allow for a bigger screen, and the LAST thing the KEY phones need is a bigger screen. I would prefer a screen 2/3 the size of the one we have, but that's not something Android can support.

There is setting that could make the nav keys always appear. Unless you watch movie/media or playing games, then it will hide away.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-09-19 04:08 AM
    If my BE KeyOne is the last BB phone depends on the development PKB-market and the development of prices for the Key2. Given the short time of updates left and the highly likely missing update to Pie, I would only consider upgrading to the Key2 for less than 300 EUR if it comes available at that price tag rather soon. Yet, since the Key2LE right now has that price tag at offerings (in Europe), I highly doubt that the Key2 will get that low any time soon. And I don't see, why I should upgrade to a Key2LE coming from a BE KeyOne.

I have backed the Unihertz Titan. I don't think I will actually use that device in may daily life (kinda too bulky), but I felt obligated to support the development of PKB phones. Don't really like the form factor of FXtec Pro, so I will definitely skip that one. But maybe I will try the Cosmo Communicator - but I fear it's far too bulky too. I always loved the Candybar design. I hope there will be new devices with that form factor - don't mind whether BB/TCL or another company.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-09-19 04:21 AM
    If my BE KeyOne is the last BB phone depends on the development PKB-market and the development of prices for the Key2. Given the short time of updates left and the highly likely missing update to Pie, I would only consider upgrading to the Key2 for less than 300 EUR if it comes available at that price tag rather soon. Yet, since the Key2LE right now has that price tag at offerings (in Europe), I highly doubt that the Key2 will get that low any time soon. And I don't see, why I should upgrade to a Key2LE coming from a BE KeyOne.

I have backed the Unihertz Titan. I don't think I will actually use that device in may daily life (kinda too bulky), but I felt obligated to support the development of PKB phones. Don't really like the form factor of FXtec Pro, so I will definitely skip that one. But maybe I will try the Cosmo Communicator - but I fear it's far too bulky too. I always loved the Candybar design. I hope there will be new devices with that form factor - don't mind whether BB/TCL or another company.
    Amazed that BBMo has managed to maintain the price of both the Key2 and Key2 LE for the most part. Unfortunately, it means there’s little opportunity to price steal like most overproduced BB that were then unsold and heavily discounted.
    11-09-19 06:16 AM
    There is setting that could make the nav keys always appear. Unless you watch movie/media or playing games, then it will hide away.
    Thanks. There is absolutely no situation where I wouldn't want the buttons visible and available instantly, which is why I prefer them to not be integrated with the screen. If Android moved to gestures without the buttons, that would be the best solution for me.

11-09-19 11:41 AM
    I do see myself getting a new key2 in the future
    11-09-19 04:58 PM
    Will they continue to make phones? I hope so. My wife just ditched her iPhone 6S Plus and is now using my Motion. she loves it. I'm using a KEYone Black Edition. I'll probably have another year to a year and a half on these devices. No point buying a Key2 after that.
    bh7171 likes this.
    11-09-19 06:32 PM
65 123