I purchased a new Blackberry keyONE to replace my Samsung Galaxy S8+ and my new keyONE won't auto reconnect via bluetooth to my 2018 Ford F150. It will however auto reconnect if the truck is only off for 15 or so minutes. Any longer and I have to manually reconnect it, most of the time by re-pairing the phone. When the sync 3 starts up, the lower right box just says "Connect a phone". When I try and manually connect, I just get a circular in progress icon, and then nothing. My Galaxy S8+ worked flawless. Any ideas? I have auto updates turned off and have not loaded the latest update that just came out a week or so ago.
    04-15-18 05:35 PM
    did you try to unpair and repair ?
    if that doesn't work it might be the way they save battery by putting everything to sleep mode and cutting the reception
    you should've keep s8+
    04-15-18 06:02 PM
    I have unpaired, forgot the truck on the phone and the phone on the truck. Then re-paired. Same result. I also have my Gear S3 watch paired to the keyONE and no issues there. So I don't think sleep mode is the problem, but I'm not familiar with how it works. Should have kept the S8+??? Well, I didn't know of this issue, and I'm not sure it is a deal killer as aggravating as it is.

I was just messing around with my truck again and noticed that Ford Pass was looking for my old S8+ when I connected my keyONE via USB. So I deleted the S8+, added the keyONE and bluetooth connected without me doing anything. I'll wait about 30 minutes and see if it auto-connects again.
    04-15-18 06:20 PM
    I think I have this figured out. I have a Samsung Gear S3 (smart watch) that was also "competing" with my truck for access to the phone, since my watch was paired with my phone. Once I un-paired the watch from the phone, auto reconnect is working. I think my old Samsung Galaxy S8+ was working because both devices are from Samsung and there is some sort of handshake that doesn't interfere with trying to connect to my truck.
    04-15-18 09:07 PM
    good job ,it should be able to handle 2 bt devices at once but who knows
    04-15-18 09:15 PM
    My K1 only seems to connect automatically to the last device it connected with. If I use my Zolo earbuds then I have to re-pair with my car. I connected with the car this morning into work and had to repair my earbuds. Can't find the cause or solution.
    05-28-18 12:21 PM
    May update resolved the issue.
    05-30-18 02:15 PM
    Been facing this issue since the day I got my KEYone BE. Everything used to work flawlessly with Classic but there's just no way to force the phone to autoconnect with my Audi MMI 2G Bluetooth. No matter what I do, it doesn't help. I've tried forgetting the car in my phone's BT settings and deleting the phone from BT devices list of my car, I've tried initiating the pairing process on both ends (phone -> car, car -> phone), I've tried storing my car's BT system via Smart Lock in my phone as a trusted device. Every time there's a new security patch I repeat all of the above steps and processes all over and over again but to no avail... I'll just have to live with it I guess...
    05-30-18 03:58 PM
    It happened to me once I got my Gear S3 Frontier. If I disconnect my Gear S3 as a BT headset (NOT unpair, just disconnect) in the BT options on the KeyOne before I get in my car and turn it on, it connects flawlessly.

And I'm on the May security update.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-30-18 06:10 PM
    I finally got it working... Just deleted all of the other paired devices and left my car's BT as the only device in the list, then got it connected by entering the pairing code (which has been my routine so far) and then added the car's BT as a trusted device. Dunno what has changed, maybe it's a result of having deleted all of the other devices, remains to be seen how are things going to evolve once I start adding the deleted devices anew... But it looks OK for the time being, fingers crossed!!!
    05-31-18 07:48 AM
    There definitely seems to be a bit of an issue with the bt and samsung gear watches. Whatever happens with that bt connection seems to impact multiple other bt connections, I've seen it mess with my wireless network. I've been doing some testing and sending logs and speed tests etc to BlackBerry trying to figure it out. As soon as I disconnect the watch and forget it all of the issues go away.
    05-31-18 08:00 AM
    There definitely seems to be a bit of an issue with the bt and samsung gear watches. Whatever happens with that bt connection seems to impact multiple other bt connections, I've seen it mess with my wireless network. I've been doing some testing and sending logs and speed tests etc to BlackBerry trying to figure it out. As soon as I disconnect the watch and forget it all of the issues go away.
    I agree with this. I've gotten into the habit of "connecting" my watch to my phone once a day and let in sync up steps, sleep, etc and then I disconnect my watch from my phone. I don't unpair it. Since I've been doing this I haven't had any issues with my K1 connecting automatically to my truck.
    05-31-18 11:45 AM