Good lord. So much drama. I'd forgotten how much melt down exists in the run up to a release on these forums.
    Didn't realize there's so much passion and life and death situations with a Cell Phone!
    DolemiteDONS and jakie55 like this.
    03-31-17 11:55 AM
    Does that mean us Dtek60 users have to wait for Nougat too? Hopefully not.
    03-31-17 11:58 AM
    I really don't wanna get a priv but I don't wanna wait for another 2months for a phone eitherq, my z10 isn't cutting it anymore. Not really sure what to do, not really a fan of the Dtek60 either. I'd be happy with a priv but the camera sucks. They really did market this way too early.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-17 12:21 PM
    Sadly I am losing patience with BB and TCL. It's no wonder that Apple and Samsung do so well. They have their act together and put a phone out soon after it has been publicised. It boggles my mind the ineptitude of the marketing teams and those in charge of such an important task as getting the phone out to the people who want it. Build some hype and kill it dead by not releasing the phone... way to go!
    I think the same. Samsung and Apple make money, BlackBerry the opposite day by day
    03-31-17 12:29 PM
    Means when it come out it will be rock solid and stable....looking forward to getting Keyone.

Posted via CB10
    Hahahah
    mister2d likes this.
    03-31-17 12:31 PM
    They might as well up the internal specs or decrease the price whenever it comes out.
    03-31-17 12:31 PM
    Does that mean us Dtek60 users have to wait for Nougat too? Hopefully not.
    In market devices will not see a sniff or even an acknowledgement of Android N till after May or even June.
    03-31-17 12:32 PM
    The agony!!!!

Hopefully this is because theyre adding a physical toolbelt. Give me a shatterproof classic with android and a stealth battery and ill never buy another phone
    megafan2000 likes this.
    03-31-17 12:32 PM
    Ok so BlackBerry makes great phones but they are not good at releasing in a timely matter. Big deal! We will just have to wait a little longer. Look at this from the positive side...
    Don't worry. We do.
    03-31-17 12:36 PM
    They might as well up the internal specs or decrease the price whenever it comes out.
    Totally agree. And offer a Blood Red aluminum one for the BlackBerry bleeding Heart fans .
    03-31-17 12:40 PM
    This really pisses me off. Ive been trying to get back to blackberry but no good phones lured me back until this keyone. Was looking forward to buying it as soon as it came out. But with this news, i will not be a reborn blackberry user, Galaxy s8 here we come! BB cant hide in the corner and wait for the leftovers from the s8. They have to come out on the same day as the s8 and fight it out. Bb is setting themselves up to fail right from the get go. Terrible strategy in my opinion.
    03-31-17 12:44 PM
    This really pisses me off. Ive been trying to get back to blackberry but no good phones lured me back until this keyone. Was looking forward to buying it as soon as it came out. But with this news, i will not be a reborn blackberry user, Galaxy s8 here we come! BB cant hide in the corner and wait for the leftovers from the s8. They have to come out on the same day as the s8 and fight it out. Bb is setting themselves up to fail right from the get go. Terrible strategy in my opinion.
    If you were looking forward to the KEYone, I say give it the couple of weeks and wait for it. I think it'll be worth it.
    03-31-17 01:04 PM
    If you were looking forward to the KEYone, I say give it the couple of weeks and wait for it. I think it'll be worth it.
    Not when you have been a BlackBerry holdover since the jump and never been able to have all the apps. Now you're asking an already frustrated individual to wait another 5-8weeks. I'm reluctantly looking up Privs on kajiji as we speak

Posted via CB10
    03-31-17 01:08 PM
    You say April at MWC .. and now you say production starts in April? I'm not even going to believe you saying it's going to launch in May now. Fool me once shame on you... fool me twice... no..no.. it will never happen. ''

Tomorrow i'm heading downtown to prebook the S8 Plus or grab the 7 Plus...

This waiting using my temporary NON-Blackberry phone for months after ditching my 2nd Priv has taught me that typing on glass isn't that all bad. So why should i need a keyboard phone now???

Damnit. This is more disappointing than Trump becoming POTUS.
    megafan2000 likes this.
    03-31-17 01:17 PM
    Like I said on another post they have to have it out within two weeks of announcing it before people change their minds. That's where BlackBerry is getting it wrong over and over again.
    I guess BlackBerry PATIENCEtwo will be next KEYone phone.
    How long do BlackBerry Fans have the PATIENCEtwo go on supporting them. Myself I will ,but I am a little dissolutioned right now. Good thing I have my other Berries to fall back on.
    03-31-17 01:20 PM
    This is classic Blackberry. What's humorous is that Chen couldn't even give a May timeline. He actually said "I think the first manufacturing production run is at the end of April. So the product looks pretty good, but the worldwide availability is going to be later than May." So May isn't even a definite. What irks me is that they had to have known it wasn't going to make an April release date but went ahead and gave that date anyway.
    03-31-17 01:21 PM
    It was always expected to be launched in May for Australia so no worries for me. I would have imported it if it was released earlier but I'm not too concerned.
    03-31-17 01:22 PM
    Not when you have been a BlackBerry holdover since the jump and never been able to have all the apps. Now you're asking an already frustrated individual to wait another 5-8weeks. I'm reluctantly looking up Privs on kajiji as we speak

Posted via CB10
    If you can afford to wait, I still think it's the better option. Making an emotional decision out of anger and frustration never seems to work out well, or atleast, that's always been my experience. Try not to take it so personally - BlackBerry never explicitly asked you to forgo having the app experience that you wanted - you were free to buy any phone on the market.

You chose to support BlackBerry and now are feeling slighted by them. I completely get it, because I've definitely felt that way too. I've been exclusively using BlackBerry phones for over the last 10 years, and every time they botched a release, and made me wait longer and longer, I begrudgingly did it. The thing is, it always turned out to be worth it. The Passport is hands down the best phone i've ever used. Unless i was REALLY nitpicking, there is absolutely nothing i would change about it other than, of course, the lack of apps. That's what has me pumped about the K1 - PKB, all the apps I want, and somewhat of a BB experience (still not fully sold on the last one). I've been ready to buy this phone from the minute we saw it, and i'm willing to wait a little longer to "support" them and buy one, because this is the phone that will suit my needs.
    03-31-17 01:23 PM
    Are you guys going to be ok or should I call an ambulance?
    03-31-17 01:25 PM
    Didn't realize there's so much passion and life and death situations with a Cell Phone!
    True, but people need to vent somehow. We would not have "CrackBerry Therapy" then to go to. Hey maybe we should have a Therapist on CrackBerry do you think? Just a thought.
    sling and anon(2313227) like this.
    03-31-17 01:30 PM
    I thought maybe it was April Fools joke but that would be dumb to lose customers over lol

Posted via CB10
    03-31-17 01:32 PM
    LOL, of course, same ole BB. I'm still waiting for the KEYone because that's what I want but doesn't mean what they are doing isn't ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come freaking on!!!!!

This is why people buy Samsung/Apple. They know devices will launch in spring for Samsung and Fall for Apple and be available shortly after and it will be very clear.
    03-31-17 01:39 PM
    It's just annoying now. My Priv has been acting up the last couple months, the last week in particular and seems to be on its last legs. I've had my money ready to go since MWC expecting that we could at the very least put in a pre-order and call it a day. More than a month goes by and that subscribe list has given zero updates and neither has that brand spanking new Twitter account. Lucky for them I was sold on the KEYone ever since the leaked photos. If I was someone who wasn't - you can bet your bottom $ I would have already looked and gotten another phone by now and they would have lost my $549.
    03-31-17 01:47 PM
    The entire thing has been an absolute shambles. A total embarrassment from top to bottom.

And it's still too expensive.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    03-31-17 01:55 PM
    This is actually great news. More time to spend with BB10 and more beer while waiting.

Posted via CB10
    ominaxe and jakie55 like this.
    03-31-17 02:05 PM
197 12345 ...