whining geek princesses too! #xoxo
    Let there be no mistake: we are a passionate lot.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-17 06:52 AM
    I'm not super happy with waiting until May for the device but I'm still going to snag upon release. With the amount of marketing we have seen (zero) I was hoping it wasn't going to release behind no marketing.

Crossing my fingers we see some ads soon.
    04-01-17 07:43 AM
    Personally, it gives people more time to save if they are ordering an unlocked version. I am expecting the KEYone in September, this way it will be on time for me or I might get surprised by getting one sooner
    You mean 5 months salary is not enough for a KeyONE?
    04-01-17 07:56 AM
    Unfortunately, I think this really may be it for me and the PKB.

My Priv mic has been dead for a month and I've been straddling with speakerphone and headset hoping this guy comes out soon but I need a new phone and I always like to buy good devices that will last me a year or two.

Right before the KeyONE was announced I almost pulled the bandaid off and told myself I need to learn to type on glass, but then the KeyONE had me hopeful that I could hold out another couple of years.

Sorry, it's been fun, but I'm done!
    04-01-17 08:02 AM
    True, but people need to vent somehow. We would not have "CrackBerry Therapy" then to go to. Hey maybe we should have a Therapist on CrackBerry do you think? Just a thought.
    Just one?
    Carjackd and jakie55 like this.
    04-01-17 08:19 AM
    Unfortunately, I think this really may be it for me and the PKB.

My Priv mic has been dead for a month and I've been straddling with speakerphone and headset hoping this guy comes out soon but I need a new phone and I always like to buy good devices that will last me a year or two.

Right before the KeyONE was announced I almost pulled the bandaid off and told myself I need to learn to type on glass, but then the KeyONE had me hopeful that I could hold out another couple of years.

Sorry, it's been fun, but I'm done!
    Well at least you're already on Android and it's an easy move. My poor friend's Passport is on its last legs, he's complaining it's freezing all the time (yes, he reloaded and reloaded and reloaded) and the battery's crap, he's longing to get it.
    04-01-17 08:21 AM
    I'm not going to do that with all my stuff still on there. Sure my contacts are saved in gmail but messages, settings and a bunch of other irreplaceable stuff aren't going to be saved. At this point, I'm probably just going to continue to be annoyed for the 1-1.5 months before I have my KEYone to take over the reins of everyday phone.
    Sometimes a cache partition wipe helps. But your problem does sound more hardware based.
    04-01-17 08:28 AM
    You mean 5 months salary is not enough for a KeyONE?
    I dont get a salary. I am on commission but I still have more important bills to pay first. Putting aside $200 cdn a month should do it. Need a holster too.
    04-01-17 11:14 AM
    Sometimes a cache partition wipe helps. But your problem does sound more hardware based.
    Cache partition wipe? Is that different than me running CCleaner every few days.

Yeah looks more hardware. I got it back Friday after work fully functioning. A couple hours later while I'm watching the HOF Red Carpet the screen goes black again. Could it be the battery? I wouldn't mind paying to get that changed if that is the cause but not the screen itself. The fixer quoted me $250 if I were to change the whole screen.
    04-01-17 01:55 PM
    So basically the Rome is gonna be what? 2 years late?
    04-01-17 02:18 PM
    So basically the Rome is gonna be what? 2 years late?
    Not at all. The Rome was planned, then shelved. Never got to preproduction.
    04-01-17 02:22 PM
    Cache partition wipe? Is that different than me running CCleaner every few days.

Yeah looks more hardware. I got it back Friday after work fully functioning. A couple hours later while I'm watching the HOF Red Carpet the screen goes black again. Could it be the battery? I wouldn't mind paying to get that changed if that is the cause but not the screen itself. The fixer quoted me $250 if I were to change the whole screen.
    It looks like blackberry might have locked out the cache partition wipe options in the priv. It's a standard way to improve performance when things go buggy on an android. You normally get to it by going into recovery mode.
    04-01-17 02:25 PM
    Not at all. The Rome was planned, then shelved. Never got to preproduction.
    Ok denise, you're technically right. So a new BB candybar style device with fixed, non slider keyboard, and android OS, is two years late?
    04-01-17 02:26 PM
    Ok denise, you're technically right. So a new BB candybar style device with fixed, non slider keyboard, and android OS, is two years late?

Not really. BlackBerry made their partnership with TCL in December of 2016. So the phone was announced by TCL for April. It cannot be 2 years late for them. It will be a month or so late, not two years.
    04-01-17 02:31 PM
    Good things come to those who wait. Obviously end of April isn't ideal and it possibly being in shops around May but I'm happy to wait.

As others have said, thus gives us .ore time for Crackberry meet ups!
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-01-17 02:47 PM
    Not really. BlackBerry made their partnership with TCL in December of 2016. So the phone was announced by TCL for April. It cannot be 2 years late for them. It will be a month or so late, not two years.
    Correct. And people in these forums like to claim only BlackBerry has to delay releases, Samsung and Apple are always on time...

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7615911.html

http://bgr.com/2017/03/08/iphone-8-r...2017-november/

And imagine these forums if BlackBerry released a phone that caught fire, recalled and re-released it, only to still have the phone catch fire.

Posted with my  Classic
    04-01-17 02:47 PM
    Correct. And people in these forums like to claim only BlackBerry has to delay releases, Samsung and Apple are always on time...

Samsung Galaxy S8 release delayed for a second time, say reports | The Independent

We now may know why the iPhone 8 release is reportedly delayed – BGR

And imagine these forums if BlackBerry released a phone that caught fire, recalled and re-released it, only to still have the phone catch fire.

Posted with my  Classic
    Those "delays" came before the phones were officially announced. BB/TCL gave us an actual promise of April and reneged on it.
    Tsepz_GP and Bee Gee like this.
    04-01-17 03:55 PM

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7615911.html

http://bgr.com/2017/03/08/iphone-8-r...2017-november/

Posted with my  Classic
    Very interesting, you use articles that were written BEFORE the devices were even announced, therefore, no promises were made by the manufacturer at that point.
    04-01-17 04:16 PM
    what i can see here from the delays of the K1 initial sales is not a bad idea though, it's better to delay rather than to ship half baked phones which will trigger high number of returns due to defective devices etc. Or it could be due to BBRY's own decision to delay the K1 (especially in the US & CA) to coincide with the global launch of the Nougat to all Android BB phones. i have a suspicion that we'll all see the Nougat in ALL BB Android phones in May.

Keep it up TCL & BBRY! i can't wait to meet the K1 in May (haven't thought of buying one, yet..)
    04-01-17 05:32 PM
    Could be worse. They could have said, "...sold April 1".
    04-01-17 05:46 PM
    We've waited this long.

What's another couple of weeks?
    04-01-17 09:06 PM
    Simply pathetic.

8700» 8310» 9700» 9900» Q10» KEYone (someday)
    04-01-17 09:14 PM
    I feel like I had keyone because I been reading for months and it's already growing on me. I am already getting bore with Keyone lol. So what's after Keyone?
    04-01-17 09:20 PM
    Those "delays" came before the phones were officially announced. BB/TCL gave us an actual promise of April and reneged on it.
    Yes, that's the critical fact here. TCL is being shady before the phone has even hit the market. What will they be like to deal with in terms of customer support, returns, RMA, etc? Not looking promising. Cistulli's reasoning for the delay doesn't ring true either. Without pre orders, they have no way of quantifying "interest" in the device. Other than from forums and a few hammered peeps at meet ups with CBK, how can they gauge demand? This totally reminds me of the endless parade of BS that came out of Blackberry to justify the delay of the launch of BB10.

Given the predicament the BB brand is in (ie. near zero worldwide interest), they needed flawless execution for this launch. Instead, TCL is mirroring the launch debacles of BB itself. It just boggles the mind. Do the MBA educated execs not understand that any launch delay, dishonesty and uncertainty simply is NOT good business, especially with a brand on life support? Just launch the effin' phone! If stock levels can't meet demand, fine. At least those with the phone in hand can build and perpetuate the hype to keep the broader market interested. Ask Apple how I know this to be true.

Even though a pkb is not that important to me as I've become quite good at typing on glass over the years, this device intrigued me enough to give it a try. Now that the company behind it has shown their colours, there's no way I am touching it until it's in the bargain bin (which may not be far off, btw). Going to add a few C notes and get a proper device from a proper company, which will likely be the S8+ on April 21.
    floc likes this.
    04-01-17 10:03 PM
    Or months...

We've waited this long.

What's another couple of weeks?
    04-01-17 10:22 PM
197 ... 5678