3500mah battery, 4.5 1080p screen, and a sd650 will equal 2 day battery life for most users. I am expecting z30 type battery life.

All in all I am pretty excited for this phone. Is it over priced? Probably. Wish it had a a 820 for that price. There is enough there to be excited about. The keyboard is going to be great .
    02-25-17 07:50 PM
    I'm excited about the battery. Honestly I've complained about that for most android phones for awhile. I think android runs well enough that blackberry doesn't need to fight the specs race as I don't think this is really being marketed to your average consumer.

I honestly think this will be an awesome phone for us hardcore fans. I'm not sure if it will go over that well with the majority but I know I'm excited.

Posted via CB10
    Matthew Davis7 likes this.
    02-25-17 08:06 PM
    Expecting 7-10 hours SoT
    02-25-17 08:26 PM
    battery champ....

until you install that rogue battery draining Android app! LOL
    02-25-17 08:48 PM
    3500mah battery, 4.5 1080p screen, and a sd650 will equal 2 day battery life for most users. I am expecting z30 type battery life.

All in all I am pretty excited for this phone. Is it over priced? Probably. Wish it had a a 820 for that price. There is enough there to be excited about. The keyboard is going to be great .
    625. 650 is a fairly old chip by now, it was originally announced as 618.
    02-25-17 08:59 PM
    Lots of huawei and Xiaomi phones with 4000+ mah batteries for a lot less money.
    02-25-17 09:04 PM
    With a pkb?

Android? No thanks. Just give me BB10 and CP/M and I'm a happy man.
    02-25-17 09:18 PM
    With a pkb?

Android? No thanks. Just give me BB10 and CP/M and I'm a happy man.
    No.

But at the end of the day, virtual keyboards are plenty usable (and I do love pkbs).

Which makes that a "nice to have" feature, and certainly not worth paying the amount they want for it.

Look at the price on things like the Huawei Mate 9.
    02-25-17 09:22 PM
    Yes, anyone who calls it mid-end needs to recognize the excellent battery, camera, and build of this device.
    The batter is really most impressive and seems to be overlooked by many.
    James Nieves likes this.
    02-25-17 09:27 PM
    Yes, anyone who calls it mid-end needs to recognize the excellent battery, camera, and build of this device.
    Uuuh, yeah, except the Moto Z Play can be had with the same processor, and a bigger battery and for much less money. Yup, you can talk about the PKB all day long, but most people outside of us Crackberry fans couldn't give a darn about PKB. With a similar battery and smaller display, slower processor, the KEYone should outdo the Passport though.
    02-25-17 11:27 PM
    Until it's released into real world use over a longer period of time than a week, let's not be so quick to declare it a battery champ or anything like that. Sure the size of the battery is impressive but let's wait for real world results first.
    jacques likes this.
    02-25-17 11:31 PM
    Well based off cbk's tweet about getting up at 7 and then going to bed at 3 in the morning and still having 60% battery left seems pretty good I'd say.
    jacques likes this.
    02-25-17 11:33 PM
    i agree and i can definitively say MOTO Z PLAY is battery champ with 44h to 48h but not 50h like the website mention it
    04-15-17 05:55 PM
    Uuuh, yeah, except the Moto Z Play can be had with the same processor, and a bigger battery and for much less money. Yup, you can talk about the PKB all day long, but most people outside of us Crackberry fans couldn't give a darn about PKB. With a similar battery and smaller display, slower processor, the KEYone should outdo the Passport though.
    What kind of camera does it have?

Posted via CB10
    zensen likes this.
    04-15-17 06:14 PM
    One of the reasons I am excited for the phone. A true throw back to blackberry phones of the golden age.
    04-16-17 12:41 AM
    Hope it compares to this!

KEYone will be the new battery life champ-img_20170416_092416.png

Posted via CB10
    ThaLiveKing likes this.
    04-16-17 02:26 AM
    I'm hoping so. A smartphone that prioritise battery life and also comes with an excellent camera sensor ticks the important boxes for me. I have a pixel and love the camera.

There are a lot smartphones that pack in the tech but battery life is secondary.

Additionally love that's it a BlackBerry with a physical keyboard and puts security first.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-17 02:41 AM
    No.

But at the end of the day, virtual keyboards are plenty usable (and I do love pkbs).

Which makes that a "nice to have" feature, and certainly not worth paying the amount they want for it.

Look at the price on things like the Huawei Mate 9.
    If you say so. I personally won't settle for "usable." There are a lot of things that are "usable" that don't fit my wants/needs so I don't use them. I'm too much of a perfectionist to have to deal with typos and autocorrect fails. So for typing, I'd rather have a pkb than a "usable" vkb. Also, 50% of the benefit of the pkb comes in the form of the keyboard shortcuts. How "usable" is a vkb in that regard? So speak for yourself when you say it's not worth paying extra for. The way I interact with my phone makes a whole lot more difference to my user experience than what number chip it has on the inside. As long as what's powering it allows it to function smoothly, the way I interface with it will make all of the difference. So for me, definitely worth paying extra for, and in my opinion makes a direct comparison between them like comparing apples and oranges. Hey, they are both fruit and both give you Vitamin C right??
    MyriadeCoh likes this.
    04-16-17 05:38 AM
    I personally couldn't give two craps about what other people want. I talk about pkb all day long because that's what *I* want in a phone, and that's all that matters in my decision-making process.

And it's funny you think it has a "slower" processor. Oh, yes, it has a smaller number, I forgot, lol. :-D
    04-16-17 05:40 AM
    Expecting 7-10 hours SoT
    It should do his rather easily. Manage up to just over 9hours SOT on my phone with a 5.5inch WQHD Display and 3600mAh battery, the KEYOne with a 4.5inch 1080P display and 3500mAh Battery should easily achieve 10-12hours SOT, may be even more in Power Saving Mode.

Will be great to see how it performs, this is what I am excited to see this phone. Hopefully a power user around here will get it and truly put it through its paces and see how much SOT it gets.
    04-16-17 12:29 PM
    But they're crud

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 01:25 AM
    It should do his rather easily. Manage up to just over 9hours SOT on my phone with a 5.5inch WQHD Display and 3600mAh battery, the KEYOne with a 4.5inch 1080P display and 3500mAh Battery should easily achieve 10-12hours SOT, may be even more in Power Saving Mode.

Will be great to see how it performs, this is what I am excited to see this phone. Hopefully a power user around here will get it and truly put it through its paces and see how much SOT it gets.
    What i'm most looking forward to is playing around and seeing all the options within the "BlackBerry Power Center" app when the KEYone releases.. I saw this mentioned on the BBMobile site and they have an apphelp section on Blackberry for it.

About BlackBerry Power Center - Power Center - latest

It looks like your standard run-of-the-mill battery saving app, but i REALLY REALLY hope it has an option to AUTOMATICALLY turn on battery-saving mode either once the charger is unplugged -OR- have it on indefinitely. (Boost mode, if i remember correctly.. i hope i can keep boost mode on indefinitely)
    04-17-17 01:20 PM
    You are correct - anyone who compares just on a chip or ram is foolish.

Posted via CB10
    Adam Frix likes this.
    04-17-17 07:26 PM
    Most consumers don't care about the processor, Ram and for the most battery. Most consumers only care about picture quality and will the phone have apps such as with Snap Chat, Instagram, Facebook etc. This is the Average phone consumer. I agree the masses could care less about a PKB which is why this is a niche product aimed at the minority of hard core PKB fans.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 07:31 PM
    That's cool but I couldn't give a rats *** about that phone , no keyboard = no care
    04-17-17 09:20 PM
28 12