The guy here from Alcatel telling us here that the KEYone will be upgraded to Oreo.

10-03-17 03:01 PM
    Pretty well stated already - https://crackberry.com/blackberry-ke...e-android-oreo
    TCM01, skinnymike1 and jafobabe like this.
    10-03-17 03:19 PM
    Only question now is: when???
    baddad61 likes this.
    10-03-17 03:23 PM
    Soon....Very soon...
    10-03-17 04:25 PM
    History suggests 4-6 months after the OS is released by Google. That's been BB's pattern.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-03-17 05:08 PM
    Android N to Android O doesn't seem to have lot of breakthrough features though.
    It'd be interesting if this also gets updated to Android P
    10-04-17 10:53 AM
    So what? Nerds excepted, few people know or are bothered about M, N or O. Too much stress related to this. Im using my J7 for business and I dont know what it's using or if updates exist... It works fine. A bigger beef is memory. The 16GB memory is nearly full.
    10-04-17 11:18 AM
    The guy here from Alcatel telling us here that the KEYone will be upgraded to Oreo.

But will it be double stuffed or just a regular Oreo?
    10-04-17 01:10 PM
    Android N to Android O doesn't seem to have lot of breakthrough features though.
    It'd be interesting if this also gets updated to Android P
    There are a lot of minor details that overall improve the efficiency of android.
    10-04-17 02:12 PM
    One cool new feature is Notification channels... it does require developers to code their apps for it. But I'm wondering if that might help BlackBerry to improve on the HUB experience if they can hook into those changes... and bring Channels to BlackBerry.

For those that actually are concerned about security, the features of Google Play Protect sound like a must....
    10-04-17 03:49 PM
    So what? Nerds excepted, few people know or are bothered about M, N or O. Too much stress related to this. Im using my J7 for business and I dont know what it's using or if updates exist... It works fine. A bigger beef is memory. The 16GB memory is nearly full.
    Well, presumably BBAndroid buyer care about security. These new versions of Android have significant security improvements.
    10-04-17 06:00 PM
    I can confirm that Keyone will be getting Oreo
    10-04-17 06:12 PM
    I can confirm that it was stated so on the internet
    10-04-17 07:11 PM
    I can confirm I got O the moment I held the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    RoseBud68, Uzi, AZN and 2 others like this.
    10-04-17 07:51 PM
    I can confirm I got O the moment I held the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    Lol...
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-04-17 08:02 PM
    Get an SD card... duh!
    10-05-17 11:42 AM
    Get an SD card... duh!
    I agree, get an SD Card...... Not really sure why, but it's a good thing to have.
    10-05-17 02:56 PM
    I agree, get an SD Card...... Not really sure why, but it's a good thing to have.
    It allows one to move media to it and much more with the resultant freeing up of space on device for apps etc
    10-05-17 02:58 PM
    On the other hand slowing down the whole phone because it is much slower than the internal memory. I ditched mine for performance and battery reasons..
    10-06-17 04:48 AM
    One cool new feature is Notification channels... it does require developers to code their apps for it. But I'm wondering if that might help BlackBerry to improve on the HUB experience if they can hook into those changes... and bring Channels to BlackBerry.

For those that actually are concerned about security, the features of Google Play Protect sound like a must....
    This would have been a welcomed feature a long time ago. My wife just recently transitioned from a Classic to a Priv (go the Priv for cheap) and the first thing out of her mouth while using the Priv was, "how do I change my sound profile?" 😓

Told her as great as Android can be, unfortunately the little things that people love are often not there or requiring an app. Nevertheless, I fixed her issue and mine using a combination DND function and some different app notification settings. Pain in the asterisk!
    10-06-17 08:45 AM
    This would have been a welcomed feature a long time ago. My wife just recently transitioned from a Classic to a Priv (go the Priv for cheap) and the first thing out of her mouth while using the Priv was, "how do I change my sound profile?" ������

Told her as great as Android can be, unfortunately the little things that people love are often not there or requiring an app. Nevertheless, I fixed her issue and mine using a combination DND function and some different app notification settings. Pain in the asterisk!
    That always happens... I remember when our company switched from PALM to BlackBerry. Palm had a better meeting mode for sound profiles, group texting features, and a stylus with a touch screen. But I got use to BBOS (much better battery life) and learned ways to make it work for me, did the same with BB10. One thing I appreciated about BB10 is it did seem to have business people in mind with it's built in features vs what Android does out of the box.
    10-06-17 09:57 AM
    Anyone know if it will support higher-end audio such as aptX-HD or LDAC? (I read that LDAC is built into Oreo, but it seemed unsure if a manufacturer license was needed to make it active.)
    12-30-17 03:31 AM
    nice
    12-30-17 03:49 AM
    Very true
    01-05-18 02:25 AM
    Anyone know if it will support higher-end audio such as aptX-HD or LDAC? (I read that LDAC is built into Oreo, but it seemed unsure if a manufacturer license was needed to make it active.)
    The head tech for RBH, a leading specialty speaker manufacturer who just introduced a new set of Bluetooth headphones (now available on Amazon) that are apparently uniquely high-end and support both aptX-HD and LDAC, has just told me he expects that all phones with Oreo will support Bluetooth headphones that support LDAC.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-05-18 02:40 AM
28 12