I disagree, when talking smartphones or laptops, unlike TVs or fridges. I want reliable, useful support extending over my typical use (3+ years). For a featurephone or essentially a burner, I wouldn't care but I wouldn't pay much for the phone either.
    do you worry about it....keep you up at night?.....................I have better things to do .........just enjoy what you have and if you really worry about this stuff. It is just stuff than buy an extended warranty. Other than that ........really?
    07-07-17 02:36 PM
    The life of the phone?
    Phone....................life............hmmmmmmmm m.

LOL
    07-07-17 02:36 PM
    Given BB's (admittedly short, 2 year) history with Android Security patches, I don't think that's going to be an issue.
    The same history says, forget about an OS update, it ain't happening.
    07-08-17 07:36 AM
    do you worry about it....keep you up at night?.....................I have better things to do .........just enjoy what you have and if you really worry about this stuff. It is just stuff than buy an extended warranty. Other than that ........really?
    No, I don't lie awake worrying about it at night because I chose to buy a phone that I know has support for about the amount of time I expect. That's my comfort level, considering I do a lot of banking etc on my phones. If you are ok being stuck on an OS version that cannot or will not be updated for a critical security issue, for example, then that is absolutely your right. I don't judge others on how they prioritize their lives.
    07-10-17 11:09 AM
    No, I don't lie awake worrying about it at night because I chose to buy a phone that I know has support for about the amount of time I expect. That's my comfort level, considering I do a lot of banking etc on my phones. If you are ok being stuck on an OS version that cannot or will not be updated for a critical security issue, for example, then that is absolutely your right. I don't judge others on how they prioritize their lives.
    My point is people worry about nothing, reminds me of companies that scream about lifetime warranties. You buy a phone because you like it, it does what you want. These posts about updates and alike are just nuts. The only thing not said was ohhhhhhhhhhhh two more years.....the phone is not even 6 months old.........lol.
    07-10-17 11:26 AM
30 12