Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Is anyone else having Wi-Fi issues on their KeyONE? And more importantly, can it be fixed? I never had this issue with my PRIV (or any other device), but I'm on my second silver KeyONE and the issue is persisting.

It happened randomly on my last KeyONE, and as far as I could tell, only on my home network (though that's where I use it the most, so it's possible it happened elsewhere and I just didn't notice). Some days it would be fine, other days it would be terrible. My Wi-Fi signal is excellent, and the internet connection is stable on all other devices. Regardless of all that, the intermittent issue still kept up.

I did some reading that it could be an issue with the channel on my router, so I tried switching it. No luck. I've since upgraded from my lynksys to a Google Wi-Fi mesh system with 3 pods, and I'm still having the same issue. The google WiFi system is great in that it automatically switches to the cleanest channel.

My first KeyONE was sent in for repairs a few weeks ago, and the loaner device they sent me was a Samsung Galaxy S7. I had perfect Wi-Fi performance the whole time I was using the S7!

They weren't able to repair my phone, so they sent me a replacement KeyONE a couple days ago. Well this one seems worse than the last! The Wi-Fi stops working after a few seconds. Same thing again, Wi-Fi is connected with excellent strength, but for some reason I'm not maintaining an internet connection (or so I assume). If I try to run a speed test, it starts off at around 80MBPS and then quickly teeters off to 0, and then an error pops up that it can't complete the test. Then I can't do anything on my phone until I disable Wi-Fi.

Things I've tried in the past, all to no avail:
    -deleted all saved Wi-Fi networks and started from scratch
    -factory reset the KeyONE
    -hard reset (32 seconds holding power key)
    -power cycling router
    -switching router channel

What is this phone's problem with Wi-Fi? My wife's phone (and any other phone) works just fine. We have a stable 75MBPS down/7.5MBPS up cable connection.
    04-14-18 01:41 AM
    Lots of us having the same problem. See "Keyone support" forum for all the opinions, suggestions and some BlackBerry responses. I'll be calling them again today. None of us are very happy.
    04-14-18 04:12 AM
    Connect to 2.4ghz band for now. Fixes the problem. Hopefully it gets fixed with the next update.
    04-15-18 07:41 AM
    I have the same issue from couple of days. whenever I am facing this, I am restarting my phone. Just 5 mins back also I have done the same and jumped to CB to see anything on this. Luckily I saw this thread.
    04-15-18 09:05 AM
    I always have a good consistent wifi signal with my Keyone. Under wifi/gear I have the setting "keep wifi on during sleep" set to always.
    04-16-18 04:41 AM
    Same issue here! I just don't use the 5G band on the wifi I have at home and it's fine. Seems that whatever that last update was did the damage. Humorously my Passport has no trouble connecting to wifi.
    04-16-18 07:07 AM
    I had said WiFi issues after the March Up-date. After about 3 weeks it has settled down, although, signal strength is not as strong as before, it is now stable. Go figure!
    04-16-18 03:50 PM
    It's terrible for me right now. I can't even use Wi-Fi at home.

I ran a test from my google Wi-Fi App. It does 3 tests:
    -Wi-Fi (first 2 screenshots)
    -Internet speed (3rd screenshot) - this result is at the router, not on my device
    -Mesh (last screenshot)

The internet and the mesh test results are great, but the Wi-Fi test results are either abysmal or incomplete. Further proof that it's my specific device. I don't think there's an option on google Wi-Fi to force a frequency change; it automatically chooses the best frequency.
    Attached Thumbnails KeyONE Wi-Fi Not Working-screenshot_20180417-125615.jpg   KeyONE Wi-Fi Not Working-screenshot_20180417-124542.jpg   KeyONE Wi-Fi Not Working-screenshot_20180417-125111.jpg   KeyONE Wi-Fi Not Working-screenshot_20180417-125146.jpg  
    04-17-18 11:26 PM
    Well after 12 years of being a dedicated and exclusive BlackBerry user, I've decided that I've had enough of these ongoing issues such as unusable Wi-Fi and terrible Android Auto performance. I love the keyboard and I love the BlackBerry touch on Android, but I just can't deal with how unreliable they are. So after 12 years I've switched to a Samsung Galaxy S7 and have listed my KeyONE for sale on Craigslist.
    05-05-18 11:30 PM
    The really bad part is calls drop if you use WiFi calling... Nice to have the feature, just sucks you can't reliably use it.
    05-06-18 01:09 AM
    The really bad part is calls drop if you use WiFi calling... Nice to have the feature, just sucks you can't reliably use it.
    At least you have the feature for it to fail. Us Unlocked on AT&T don't even get a glance. :P

Hopefully the K2 will fix most of the issues that TCL and BBM had with their first, joint PKB.
    James Pelletier likes this.
    05-06-18 12:21 PM