I set up my keyone for the first time yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by the number of stock ringtones available. I assigned a bunch of them to contacts yesterday and this morning, those ringtones are no longer attached to those contacts, nor do they come up for selection when bringing up the ringtones menu! A couple I know off the top of my head that aren't there are one called Paradise (island I think) and Springy Jalopy. What happened to cause this and how do I get these back??
    07-11-17 11:16 AM
    I cant give you a real answer and this is more of a side note, but I have some of legacy BBOS and BB10 ringtones I wanted to use. They are in MP3 format. I tried to assign them in various places. They were either too short or MP3 isnt supported like it was in BB10. Im subscribing here because Im interested to know what others have to say on the matter. If you install a real filemanager (I prefer Mixplorer) youll be able to locate and find more ringtones on your device. The stock file manager isnt very robust. If I find time I will probably try M4A or wav conversions on the MP3s.
    07-11-17 11:29 AM
    yes I had that happen on my old BB but they were my own MP3s as well. These are stock ones that were there yesterday and gone today - what gives??
    07-11-17 11:39 AM
    07-11-17 04:55 PM
    I cant give you a real answer and this is more of a side note, but I have some of legacy BBOS and BB10 ringtones I wanted to use. They are in MP3 format. I tried to assign them in various places. They were either too short or MP3 isnt supported like it was in BB10. Im subscribing here because Im interested to know what others have to say on the matter. If you install a real filemanager (I prefer Mixplorer) youll be able to locate and find more ringtones on your device. The stock file manager isnt very robust. If I find time I will probably try M4A or wav conversions on the MP3s.
    What I've always done with Android is plug in to my computer (or I'm guessing you could do this with a good file manager too, just easier on a computer). In the main phone folder, create a folder called "Ringtones" if there isn't one already, and dump your mp3's in there. Can also do this for Alarms and Notifications. I don't recall off the top of my head if those folders already existed on the stock Keyone because I copied over everything from my PRIV without really looking at what was already there. I've not run into any problems using mp3 for ringtones/alarms/notifications. As a sidenote, I have a clip of the Minions from DM2 going "BEEDO BEEDO BEEDO" that I use for sms notification...always gets a good laugh.

As far as the original question of why assigned ringtones didn't stay attached to specific contacts, I'm not real sure. I'm assuming you did this through the Contacts app, selected the contact, hit the Pencil edit button, then the three dots up in the corner and selected Set Ringtone, then the Checkmark to save?
    07-11-17 09:05 PM
    Screens of the contacts app
    07-11-17 09:11 PM
    hi, yes, I get all of that and yes I assigned it within the contacts (edit), etc. My question is around the stock ringtones that came with the phone. You can see by the two pics I shared, the first was available to me (settings/sounds/phone ringtone) on day one with my keyone so I started assigning those. The next day I went to settings/sounds/phone ringtone and the list was much more scaled back! I made no changes, did nothing and yet overnight the stock ringtones 'thinned out'. No idea how this happened. Guess I will just download new ones and ensure they are in the "ringtones" folder I have created.
    07-13-17 11:56 AM