Simple question, what’s the fastest Speedtest result you’ve been able to achieve on your keyone? Mines pretty lackadaisical... on a 500mb connection I’m getting 250 mbps. My 4 year old iPhone is topping 450mbps. Slightly disappointing as the keyone is 3 years newer. Has any achieved higher than 250mbps?
    08-14-18 01:13 AM
    Simple question, what’s the fastest Speedtest result you’ve been able to achieve on your keyone? Mines pretty lackadaisical... on a 500mb connection I’m getting 250 mbps. My 4 year old iPhone is topping 450mbps. Slightly disappointing as the keyone is 3 years newer. Has any achieved higher than 250mbps?
    I'd like to meet someone who has 500 mbps Internet! LOL.
    08-14-18 01:40 AM
    I'd like to meet someone who has 500 mbps Internet! LOL.
    Me too!
    Sime0n_S and nevilleadaniels like this.
    08-14-18 03:05 AM
    U shouldnt be complaining with these speeds lol
    Sime0n_S likes this.
    08-14-18 04:07 AM
    does that even matter? i don't care as long as i can load websites fast and watch videos/ have video chat without lag. it's not like im gonna download a 50gb ps4 game on my Keyone
    08-14-18 04:47 AM
    I'm on a 500 Mbps Internet connection.

I will update this post with Keyone speed on wifi when I get home.
    08-14-18 01:35 PM
    Thanks dude. Please do. I’m trying to troubleshoot weather it’s the phone or my router.

I'm on a 500 Mbps Internet connection.

I will update this post with Keyone speed on wifi when I get home.
    08-14-18 01:43 PM
    Until we get Oreo, our K1's are limited in WiFi speed anyway. Can't take advantage of 5GHz WiFi networks.
    08-14-18 01:49 PM
    I do offload heavy amounts of data. That includes download and upload. Speed matters in my case. The old saying, time is money .

But you do have to admit, a 4 year old phone which has a 80% faster connection speee compared to a 1 year old device is a little disappointing. Either my phone has connection issues ( which it has in the past and present) or this phone has a poor wifi chip/design. This is why I’m asking others who are fortunate enough to have a fast internet at home or work to test.

Thanks all

does that even matter? i don't care as long as i can load websites fast and watch videos/ have video chat without lag. it's not like im gonna download a 50gb ps4 game on my Keyone
    08-14-18 01:53 PM
    Wow I can’t believe I overlooked this. THAT would explain the speed and connection issues. I’m actually surprised that the keyone doesn’t support 5ghz networks right out of the gate. I’ll have to double check if I’m connected to a 5ghz network or 2.4ghz. Does the keyone not support 5ghz networks?

Specs seem to indicate it’s AC 5ghz capable? Is there a software limitation?

Until we get Oreo, our K1's are limited in WiFi speed anyway. Can't take advantage of 5GHz WiFi networks.
    08-14-18 01:55 PM
    Wow I can’t believe I overlooked this. THAT would explain the speed and connection issues. I’m actually surprised that the keyone doesn’t support 5ghz networks right out of the gate. I’ll have to double check if I’m connected to a 5ghz network or 2.4ghz. Does the keyone not support 5ghz networks?

Specs seem to indicate it’s AC 5ghz capable? Is there a software limitation?
    The K1 is supposed to support 5GHz WiFi, however there is a bug in 7.1.1 that prevents it from maintaining a connection for very long (often not longer than 30 minutes, typically less than 5 minutes). BBMo has known about the issue since as early as March 2018. Apparently the January or February patch broke this feature. BBMo's temporary fix was to lower your WiFi security to WEP, which is highly NOT recommended. The best thing to do is to use 2.4GHz until the bug is fixed. Rumor has it that 8.1 has fixed the issue.
    08-14-18 02:06 PM
    I can't provide screenshots due to being on the Oreo beta, but I've been using the 5GHz frequency exclusively since acquiring my KeyOne in May 2017.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    08-14-18 02:10 PM
    Sounds like a BlackBerry. Break something, fix it next year

The K1 is supposed to support 5GHz WiFi, however there is a bug in 7.1.1 that prevents it from maintaining a connection for very long (often not longer than 30 minutes, typically less than 5 minutes). BBMo has known about the issue since as early as March 2018. Apparently the January or February patch broke this feature. BBMo's temporary fix was to lower your WiFi security to WEP, which is highly NOT recommended. The best thing to do is to use 2.4GHz until the bug is fixed. Rumor has it that 8.1 has fixed the issue.
    08-14-18 05:17 PM
    I could never replicate the alleged 5GHz problem. I never had an issue on any router I ever tried. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    j21jam6 likes this.
    08-14-18 05:39 PM
    Ok so the Radio in the keyone is this

LTE-A Cat9 450/50 Mbps

When i'm connected to my router these are the connection speeds.

My keyone is still on Nougat and here is my speedtest.

Desktop PC

Keyone

Last edited by Makaveli@Beta; 08-14-18 at 06:57 PM.
    farmwersteve and Pawel D like this.
    08-14-18 06:34 PM
    I could never replicate the alleged 5GHz problem. I never had an issue on any router I ever tried. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Same here, 5G access everywhere it is available out of the box with my K1 and K2. But unfortunately, no WiFi calling On K1 and K2 and no voLTE on K2.
    08-14-18 07:49 PM
    My K1 just can't hold a 5GHz connection to any router I've tried, while my LG G6 and Laptop have done just fine. I even have a router in my room, so I know it's not a distance issue. Still being on the June patch, I know it still doesn't work.

I know it worked at least through December until the January patch.

As you know, there's a bunch of threads on it. :P
    08-14-18 10:33 PM
    My K1 just can't hold a 5GHz connection to any router I've tried, while my LG G6 and Laptop have done just fine. I even have a router in my room, so I know it's not a distance issue. Still being on the June patch, I know it still doesn't work.

I know it worked at least through December until the January patch.

As you know, there's a bunch of threads on it. :P
    I know there are a bunch of threads, but like I say, I haven't being able to reproduce the problem on more than have a dozen routers.
    08-14-18 10:38 PM
    My PC when hardwired to the modem (not router) are;
    456.2 Mbps Down Upload 12.0 Mbps

My KeyOne; 49.5 Mbps Down 10.1Mbps UP

My laptoop on WiFi 48.8Mbps Down 8.8Mbps UP

I know my bottle neck is my router since it's only 802.11n but I can't see spending money just to see a webpage open in a blink as opposed to a flash...
    08-14-18 11:28 PM
    Your results are almost identical to mine. Even down to the service provider! It’s weird that the keyone gets 250-280 Mbps while other devices of mine get close to double. I’m going to try again after Oreo. Let me know if your results improve with the new OS.

Ok so the Radio in the keyone is this

LTE-A Cat9 450/50 Mbps

When i'm connected to my router these are the connection speeds.

https://s33.postimg.cc/7v84y7azj/Keyone_wifi_1.png

https://s33.postimg.cc/8kqxakqyn/keyone_wifi_2.png

My keyone is still on Nougat and here is my speedtest.

Desktop PC

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/31919363.png

Keyone

https://s33.postimg.cc/yganttq8f/Key...speed_test.png
    08-14-18 11:48 PM
    My PC when hardwired to the modem (not router) are;
    456.2 Mbps Down Upload 12.0 Mbps

My KeyOne; 49.5 Mbps Down 10.1Mbps UP

My laptoop on WiFi 48.8Mbps Down 8.8Mbps UP

I know my bottle neck is my router since it's only 802.11n but I can't see spending money just to see a webpage open in a blink as opposed to a flash...
    802.11n in 5ghz mode with a mimo router can push a lot more than 50mbps. 120+ was possible in my old buffalo airstation. And the fact you get 450+ hardwired through the router tells me your configured for gigabit lan. Something else is going on here, and I'm thinking it's that both your keyone and your laptop aren't seeing 5ghz.

That said, you guys all should feel lucky. My home internet is Frontier "max speed dsl" and I get 10-12 mbps depending on the day.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-15-18 10:00 PM
    Correct, my router is a DLink DIR-655 which doesn't support 5ghz. That's why I hard wire to my laptop to do speed test...

Like I said, I can't see spending money just to see a webpage open in a blink of an eye as opposed to fairly quickly... One day I may upgrade my router, no rush...
    Drg84 likes this.
    08-15-18 10:16 PM
    I’ve been using the 5GHz WiFi band with no problems on AT&T KEYone with Nougat all the way up to May update. Just updated to Oreo today. WiFi provided by Spectrum ISP.
    08-15-18 10:30 PM
    Correct, my router is a DLink DIR-655 which doesn't support 5ghz. That's why I hard wire to my laptop to do speed test...

Like I said, I can't see spending money just to see a webpage open in a blink of an eye as opposed to fairly quickly... One day I may upgrade my router, no rush...
    My primary reasons for upgrading a router are

1. Security
    2.Performance
    3.Features

How good is D-link with updating their firmware for exploits?

The last released firmware on the site for that Model is 05/01/13

So 5 years old this alone would make me buy a new router asap.

And even if you don't have AC clients Wireless AC will provides benefits to N clients.
    08-16-18 12:03 AM
    Updated to Oreo today... wifi stability has improved drastically. Now 5ghz band is stable, with zero drop outs. Speed hasn’t improved. I’m just going to conclude the wifi in the keyone is most likely a lower quality part. I’ve tested using 2 keyone with the same results. I’ve also tried 2 iPhones which blaze in at 450-500 mbps consistently. 250mbps isn’t slow by any means, but not matching a 4 year old phones performance is a little disappointing. Onto the key 2!
    08-16-18 03:15 AM
53 123