Can you elaborate a little further on how to clear the cache please?
    Go into the settings, scroll down to storage and click, select either internal shared storage or memory card storage, click on Cached data and it will throw up an on onscreen box asking you if you want to clear it... Click yes obviously...

Hope this helps.
    kitmo likes this.
    05-11-17 09:35 AM
    Go into the settings, scroll down to storage and click, select either internal shared storage or memory card storage, click on Cached data and it will throw up an on onscreen box asking you if you want to clear it... Click yes obviously...

Hope this helps.
    Thank you very much!!!
    05-11-17 09:58 AM
    Two different devices with different processors, end of the story.
    Let's look on blackberry Pearl 8100 and blackberry 10

Posted via CB10
    Lol what does that have to do with anything? You would also likely be shocked if the Pearl kept up and even surpassed your BB10 device now wouldn't you?
    I think that's what people are saying here because most (Spec warriors) would expect the S8 to run circles around the KEYone but clearly it doesn't.
    stlabrat likes this.
    05-11-17 12:06 PM
    Guys, i just realized something. My wrx is as fast as the bmw 540i....why in the world would someone spend an extra 40grand.
    rx8er likes this.
    05-11-17 12:45 PM
    I'm surprised that the KEYone kept Star Wars and GTA in memory while the Galaxy S8 didn't even though it had an entire extra gigabyte to work with. I think this is where OEM skins make a difference, where Samsung's heavily-customized Android uses up more memory than the near-stock Android implementation on the KeyONE.
    05-11-17 12:56 PM
    Guys, i just realized something. My wrx is as fast as the bmw 540i....why in the world would someone spend an extra 40grand.
    There's no 540i that's even close to 40 grand. More like 7 or 8. Hardly any new BMW is 40 grand either, let alone a 5 series. lol

But I'd take the 540 any day over a wrx.
    05-11-17 01:00 PM
    There's no 540i that's even close to 40 grand. More like 7 or 8. Hardly any new BMW is 40 grand either, let alone a 5 series. lol

But I'd take the 540 any day over a wrx.
    They're just saying that each car is looking at a very different user base.
    05-11-17 04:23 PM
    Do you guys have the hub disabled to give it extra power? Just curious if I should do the same. I don't really see use it as I have messages email and so on on the home screen?
    05-11-17 05:02 PM
    Do you guys have the hub disabled to give it extra power? Just curious if I should do the same. I don't really see use it as I have messages email and so on on the home screen?
    If you are not using it then make sure you go into settings> Apps> BlackBerry Hub and Services > clear data>. Do that first then same for actual Hub App. This will completely disable them if you have already used.
    05-11-17 05:08 PM
    I've turned mine off to see if it makes any difference to performance. To be fair, no noticeable change at the moment...
    05-11-17 07:48 PM
    Op or anyone with S8 and Keyone, can you kindly take a look at system usage of the memory for both (compare)? I would expect Keyone will have a bit more (security usage), but based on the demo, something else is running on S8, that might be slow it down - i would expect 835 show more performance enhancement... something else is happening here. Thanks.
    05-12-17 07:49 AM
    Op or anyone with S8 and Keyone, can you kindly take a look at system usage of the memory for both (compare)? I would expect Keyone will have a bit more (security usage), but based on the demo, something else is running on S8, that might be slow it down - i would expect 835 show more performance enhancement... something else is happening here. Thanks.
    What do you assume that about S8? Then maybe we assume the brightness on KEYone was set too low.
    The OS is optimized to each processor. I believe it's just Samsung bloat ware making it slow. But it's not slow! It's just that KEYone is just as fast. :-). Sometimes the underdog wins.
    05-12-17 07:57 AM
    I just try to validate it is bloat ware - extra memory used... or something else... (not use parallel or something is waiting for instruction...).
    05-12-17 08:00 AM
    Can you elaborate a little further on how to clear the cache please?
    Sure.

Pull down shade, gear.
    Select storage&USB->Internal Storage.

Look at "Cached Data" (it'll take a minute or so to come up from "Calculating".) If the number is >1Gb (you may choose to do so at a smaller number, but at under ~500MB or so it's not going to make a major difference) click that tab and the phone will ask if you wish to clear it.

Say yes and enjoy the faster performance.

Android should clean this up on its own but it doesn't.
    05-12-17 11:51 AM

Android should clean this up on its own but it doesn't.
    Although the cache is a great thing until it suddenly isn't. Lol.

Eventually it gets corrupted. The larger it gets, the greater chance of a problem. At some point the increased performance provided by the cache crosses a line and becomes detrimental.

I agree that at 1 GB, it becomes problematic, and it should ask you if you wish to clear it. That would make it so much easier for the general user, and would eliminate much of the "Android slows down over time" complaints.
    05-12-17 01:20 PM
65 123