Hey keyboarders,
    I own the Priv, unfortunately its very laggy and slow, cant even use GPS+spotify+bluetooth headset without the spotify will stop the music for a second or two.
    I've tried factory reset.
    So my question to you is, is there any priv owners in here that can advise me to upgrade or not to KeyOne?

What are the cons of the KeyOne in your eyes?

Thanks!
    10-26-17 02:16 AM
    Screen, mainly. There is a big difference.

Then the PKB. I find Priv's a tad better (more responsive when used as touchpad), but possibly this depends on the way you use the KB. Really subjective.

The rest is better in the K1. You'll not be disappointed.
    10-26-17 02:28 AM
    overall, keyone is better than priv.
    10-26-17 06:22 AM
    the screen is definitely better on PRIV and Id say the PRIV is quicker when doing anything even remotely taxing. the keyboard is better to type on the keyone but there is more lag on the keyone kb when used as a track pad. the battery is awesome on the keyone but I found the PRIV to have good battery life once updated to marshmallow 6.0 anyway. camera is roughly the same I feel, some may disagree. it's handy having the finger sensor on the keyone but if you setup a Bluetooth watch as a trusted device on the PRIV you don't lose out on much. my overall conclusion is its a hard call. if your PRIV is working fine, probably stick with it till keyone comes down in price
    10-26-17 06:45 AM
    the screen is definitely better on PRIV and Id say the PRIV is quicker when doing anything even remotely taxing. the keyboard is better to type on the keyone but there is more lag on the keyone kb when used as a track pad. the battery is awesome on the keyone but I found the PRIV to have good battery life once updated to marshmallow 6.0 anyway. camera is roughly the same I feel, some may disagree. it's handy having the finger sensor on the keyone but if you setup a Bluetooth watch as a trusted device on the PRIV you don't lose out on much. my overall conclusion is its a hard call. if your PRIV is working fine, probably stick with it till keyone comes down in price
    My experience is the complete opposite. They KEYone runs circles around the Priv in performance and given the chip sets in each and the problems with the 808 that are documented, that's how it should be. I also think the keyboard on the KEYone is a lot better then the Priv.
    10-26-17 06:49 AM
    I actually said the keyboard is better to type on, it's just the scrolling feature which has more lag on the keyone. I also said when doing anything taxing (gaming or multiple large apps) the keyone is worse. average day to day stuff the keyone does open stuff quicker, the 625 just doesn't have the "guts" of the 808 (as hot as that got as well)
    10-26-17 07:17 AM
    ...if your PRIV is working fine, probably stick with it...
    The best advice...right here. Why get a new phone if yours is working perfectly well? However, if you're dissatisfied with the Priv...then considering a KEYone is perfectly logical.
    andy957 likes this.
    10-26-17 12:20 PM
    I have made also the change from the Priv to the KEYone, the only con is the smaller display.
    On all other aspects KEYone blows away the Priv!
    thekidshop likes this.
    10-26-17 02:22 PM
    I actually said the keyboard is better to type on, it's just the scrolling feature which has more lag on the keyone. I also said when doing anything taxing (gaming or multiple large apps) the keyone is worse. average day to day stuff the keyone does open stuff quicker, the 625 just doesn't have the "guts" of the 808 (as hot as that got as well)
    That's also not always the case. I know my Priv would slow down if I was using google maps or Waze for an extended period of time but never with the KEYone.
    10-26-17 10:41 PM
    There are tons of video on youtube comapring keyone and priv, just make a search on youtube or google.

All of them says the KeyOne is a great update.

I have the Priv, and have the same issues as you. Google Maps makes the Priv slow, and as I use it a lot, my phone gets slow. I have to constantly close apps on the Priv to keep it useable, and a daily or two day reset/restart is a must. My Priv barely lasts 5-6 hours, I always keep my Rav Power 20000 mAh accupack with me (gives 3.7 charges). I charge the phone at every single possibility, desk or bag. Wireless charging is useless, because my Priv loses power faster then the wireless charging loads up!

I'm waiting for my KeyONE to get through customs.

However, I suggest only to buy the keyone, if you are in love with keyboards. If you didn't use much the keyboard, like many of the people I know, a Samsung S7 edge or similar is a much better purchase. My wife has the S7 Edge, and the battery lasts easily 2 days, it's snappy with a zillion apps open, the screen is better than on the priv, camera is one of the best, wireless charging is quite fast. The only problem is the screen breaking, you need a Samsung flip case or similar.
    10-26-17 11:33 PM
    I made the switch from the Priv to KeyOne about 2 weeks ago and couldn't be any happier! I loved the Priv but it's like night and day between the two.

I find the KeyOne much snappier. Had the same issues with the lag while using multiple apps at once with the Priv, that lag doesn't exist at all with the KeyOne.

The keyboard is much better on the KeyOne however I do feel that the trackpad on the Priv was a little more responsive, but nothing major.

Camera is miles ahead on the KeyOne and of course with it being Nougat, the software experience is better in my opinion.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the switch and I'm sure you will be too.
    olee2222 likes this.
    10-26-17 11:41 PM
    Had the Priv before, and can say the performance is not bad... but that's if you've never used the K1 lol. K1 performs much much faster.
    10-26-17 11:49 PM
    I loved the ability to use either the VKB or the PKB on the Priv. I upgraded to the KEYone and haven't looked back. Pro: HUGE battery improvement and speed of updates/app launches. Con: Loss of 'full-screen' video.

My 12-year old daughter inherited my Priv, and finds that with all of her videos, music, snapchat, etc., her battery life is worse than when I used it. My KEYone can go 2 days (3 on the weekend) without recharging, with texting, calls, email, and some light gaming use. KEYone > Priv in my experience.

Edit: Plus, with the PKB always accessible, keyboard shortcuts make the KEYone way more productive to launch apps than the Priv.
    10-27-17 12:17 AM
    I bought the KEYone but haven't used it much. just was mostly setting it up but I've noticed that swipe shortcuts and the setting under advanced interactions called hold to stay awake which are on the PRIV are not available on the KEYone.

As for the screen, I can use the KEYone much easier outdoors as compared to the PRIV.
    10-27-17 05:05 AM
    Hey keyboarders,
    I own the Priv, unfortunately its very laggy and slow, cant even use GPS+spotify+bluetooth headset without the spotify will stop the music for a second or two.
    So my question to you is, is there any priv owners in here that can advise me to upgrade or not to KeyOne?

Thanks!
    KEYone is just much, much better phone. I owned PRIV for over a year and never really loved it. Battery , overheating and camera were the major issues for me.

KEYone on the other hand I really like. The phone is just so much better. Battery is very good, camera is much better, faster charging, more comfortable keyobard, no overheating. Google maps or waze work hands down better on KEYone than priv. KEYone with the same memory and storage feels so much more snappy than PRIV.

If I could more clear for you I would rate priv on scale of 1 - 10 as 6.5 where as my silver I would rate as 9. Perfect 10 would go to black edition with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of onboard storage.

I am very satisfied with KEYone. Get the black edition though. Extra ram means better multitasking.
    10-27-17 08:18 AM
    Hey keyboarders,

Thanks!
    0..i just got my ketone yesterday and this is the best blackberry ever made. I owned the PRIV and it was a garbage phone that overheated and had horrible battery life. The keyone is a beast. If you are a true blackberry fan that loved the 9900 or classic you will LOVE this device. Do I miss bb10? Absolutely it's far superior to android but I had to make the move and I don't regret it
    10-27-17 10:01 AM
    I have and love both! Priv is for personal recreation use. K1 is for work. best of both worlds :-)
    10-27-17 10:03 AM
    My experience is the complete opposite. They KEYone runs circles around the Priv in performance and given the chip sets in each and the problems with the 808 that are documented, that's how it should be. I also think the keyboard on the KEYone is a lot better then the Priv.
    Agreed keyone destroys priv..better screen? Not even close
    10-27-17 12:33 PM
    Thank you all for your comments.
    I just need to find a good price for the black edition of to settle for the 3gb Ram.
    can anyone please tell me if the k1 works smooth with waze & while steaming music from spotify to bluetooth speaker/earbuds?
    when I drive to work I use my old oneplus with all the mentioned apps and the Priv sitting inside the cup holder as hotspot because the fact that it can't just working properly with all of them together without become hot like tomato inside a toast and laggy and slow like a walker in 'the walking dead'.
    10-27-17 05:59 PM
    Thank you all for your comments.
    I just need to find a good price for the black edition of to settle for the 3gb Ram.
    can anyone please tell me if the k1 works smooth with waze & while steaming music from spotify to bluetooth speaker/earbuds?
    when I drive to work I use my old oneplus with all the mentioned apps and the Priv sitting inside the cup holder as hotspot because the fact that it can't just working properly with all of them together without become hot like tomato inside a toast and laggy and slow like a walker in 'the walking dead'.
    Waze works fantastic on the keyone
    10-27-17 07:55 PM
    How is Priv screen better than keyone's?
    10-29-17 11:29 PM
    How is Priv screen better than keyone's?
    For me it's size, amoled, resolution and how it look on daylight. All of that it's better on Priv.
    10-30-17 01:31 AM
    quick question. Did BlackBerry market the priv as a high end device?
    10-30-17 01:40 AM
    @dastillero1975: I have just double checked the screens specs and you are actually right (except amoled is not always better than IPS). Now the question is: how can BlackBerry launch a Priv successor with a worse screen 2 years after?

(I can't quote because "Exceeded spam threshold" shows up. Would be great if admins can fix this.)
    10-30-17 08:56 AM
    @dastillero1975: I have just double checked the screens specs and you are actually right (except amoled is not always better than IPS). Now the question is: how can BlackBerry launch a Priv successor with a worse screen 2 years after?

(I can't quote because "Exceeded spam threshold" shows up. Would be great if admins can fix this.)
    Well, for me the PRIV and the K1 are on different tiers, Priv was a flagship when it was launched and K1 is a mid range phone. Obviously you want the best for your flagship :-)

And yes, in some aspects LCD is better than AMOLED, for example colors are not oversaturated and there are not screen burning due to fixed graphics.
    10-30-17 09:11 AM
46 12