09-20-17 06:52 PM
70 123
tools
    tlc needs to improve the typing dialog boxes.. one key feature of the keyone is the screen real estate for typing, but tons of browsers that I type in (such as this) cut off your paragraph after 5 lines.. **** pisses me off
    09-19-17 11:12 PM
    I did go to local best buy to check out Note8. It is gorgeous looking phone. It is truly beautiful. But dropping this fragile thing of beauty would be devastating experience. I could imagine the cost of replacing the screen.
    I did play with the pen and I think I would use it as such as I use pen on Microsoft surface. To have people sign contracts that is it. (If I only had the phone). Otherwise I see little use for it.

On the other hand I had busy day at work today and my KEYone was working very hard for me. I was checking emails, texting clients, browsing all at the same time. I had several apps open at the same time. My KEYone was just flowlessly breezing through all the tasks. No problems. It is true that some of the apps needed to reload but the process is so fast.

The KEYone is so powerful in the way it handles all the things. I totally do not feel like there is "only" 3gb of ram or that the processor is "underpowered" compared to top of the line phones.

Software and hardware work in perfect synchronization making the experience so great.

Note8 might be the most beautiful phone to look at but o boy KEYone is just such a workhorse. It just keep going and going doing things business people would want their phone to do.

Perhaps KEYone is a niche market phone but it is so perfect for those niche market people.

KEYone is the absolute pinnacle of efficiency and productivity. Nothing come close.
    Nothing comes close for you it is the pinnacle of productivity for you.

I can say the same things about my Note8, how I have been doing Work Emails, managing and optimising client campaigns, using MS OneNote to Sync notes and tasks, Calendar to setup meetings in multiple boardrooms for my handovers, Annotating and filling in the documents for my new workplace, as well as WhatsApping, Instagram, Snapchat, Skype, YouTube, taking a lot of incredible pictures, watching series (Narcos season 3 and Al Chapo season 1), and overall being impressed at how it never reloads apps and just keeps going and going despite the heavy usage.

End of the day our devices suit our needs, I like getting Productivity, Multimedia and Content done seamlessly and Note8 is doing that job very well for me so far, due to it's tall display I scroll far less and fit a lot more than any other device into a screen, it's made reading long emails and documents such a pleasure to.
    09-20-17 01:24 AM
    On the contrary I think Note is a great phone because this is one of very few that stands out and is different than everything else. I just did not read much from note users of what can you do with this pen except for signing pdf files or taking notes. But if I was to buy Samsung I would probably look at this phone because of added features.

I guess blackberry next phone should be with keyboard and built-in pen. The ultimate business phone.

Anyhow enjoy your phone
    Remember the Palm handhelds!?
    bitek likes this.
    09-20-17 01:32 AM
    Nothing comes close for you it is the pinnacle of productivity for you.

I can say the same things about my Note8, how I have been doing Work Emails, managing and optimising client campaigns, using MS OneNote to Sync notes and tasks, Calendar to setup meetings in multiple boardrooms for my handovers, Annotating and filling in the documents for my new workplace, as well as WhatsApping, Instagram, Snapchat, Skype, YouTube, taking a lot of incredible pictures, watching series (Narcos season 3 and Al Chapo season 1), and overall being impressed at how it never reloads apps and just keeps going and going despite the heavy usage.

End of the day our devices suit our needs, I like getting Productivity, Multimedia and Content done seamlessly and Note8 is doing that job very well for me so far, due to it's tall display I scroll far less and fit a lot more than any other device into a screen, it's made reading long emails and documents such a pleasure to.
    Let's say you are student, try to take notes for two hours or you are business person in boardroom taking notes. Then compare your notes and my notes. I can bet you now my notes will look much better.

Comparing KEYone And Note8 is like comparing laptop to tablet. Laptop with physical keyboard will always be better for taking notes.

I do not really watch netflix on my phone. I just cast it with chromecast to Tv. It is so much better that way.

Lastly this multitasking re-loading is so overblown. If I did not read your posts I would never notice the reload. It just happens so fast anyways. Of course I would prefer KEYone to have more memory but it is not deal-breaker for me.

Everything you mentioned I can do easily on KEYone but one thing I do not need is to hug phone charger all day long with my KEYone.

This is something it cannot be said about Note8.
    Battery is smaller, screen is bigger and CPU is Powe hungry.
    09-20-17 05:06 AM
    Let's say you are student, try to take notes for two hours or you are business person in boardroom taking notes. Then compare your notes and my notes. I can bet you now my notes will look much better.

Comparing KEYone And Note8 is like comparing laptop to tablet. Laptop with physical keyboard will always be better for taking notes.

I do not really watch netflix on my phone. I just cast it with chromecast to Tv. It is so much better that way.

Lastly this multitasking re-loading is so overblown. If I did not read your posts I would never notice the reload. It just happens so fast anyways. Of course I would prefer KEYone to have more memory but it is not deal-breaker for me.

Everything you mentioned I can do easily on KEYone but one thing I do not need is to hug phone charger all day long with my KEYone.

This is something it cannot be said about Note8.
    Battery is smaller, screen is bigger and CPU is Powe hungry.
    Lol, as I said our phones suit our needs. Your intention here is to push the KEYone as the better device when neither is as both are too different.

I am not a student, I do take notes in boardroom meetings though, and do it seamlessly with the keyboard I have chosen and SPen to annotate and draw what I need. You prefer a Physical Keyboard, and I am sure you do a great job with it to.
    You prefer a Physical Keyboard I prefer the Virtual Keyboard and SPen.

I'd love to be able to drag my TV everywhere but unfortunately I cannot especially when traveling frequently, I also like using phone to watch series and YouTube in bed, it's just the way I am, the wide HDR10 display does a better job than some Tv's due to pixels being so closely packed up, I am serious about A/V quality.

No, the Multitasking is not overblown for me, you are happy with 3GB RAM and apps reloading, I hate that, that's what I had to deal with on my old iPad 4 with iOS10, I hate reloads no matter how fast, as often times I am busy with something in that app and want it still where I left it when I get back.
    This is a smartphone it should keep everything you have done in the last few hours in RAM and I am glad my Note8 does that, as I am a heavy user.

LOL! Who hugs a phone charger all day buddy? I certainly don't my Note8 gets me through a full day of usage with over 8hours Screen On Time, I only charge when I have to e.g. if I am going to bed I plug in, otherwise I charge the next day.

The CPU in my Note8 is a 10nm Exynos8895 mate, it's incredibly efficient and handles heavy Multitasking and Media effortlessly.

It's okay to say the Note8 is not for you and you are happy with your KEYone, but don't try come here and push your opinion on others with your misinformation.

Here's a battery life comparison with the KEYone

Last edited by Tsepz_GP; 09-20-17 at 05:37 AM.
    Relletti likes this.
    09-20-17 05:24 AM
    I like the keyboard but I went with the Note due to screen size. I do a lot of media consumption on my phone and being able to take notes without unlocking the phone has become fun. Also marking up screenshots and the select tool are awesome.

I still miss my Passport...best phone ever...the speakers on the Note suck
    09-20-17 06:58 AM
    I love my KEYone to bits ( am even in the process of importing the dual sim version from India so that I can keep both my work and personal sims on a single device), but am intrigued by the Note 8 and am thinking of getting one as a media consumption device to replace my aging ipad mini (2nd gen). I'll have to go check it out in person to see how big that screen really is.
    Isn't the Note 8 screen not that much smaller than an iPad mini anyways? + it has stylus
    09-20-17 07:26 AM
    I did color yesterday while my son was at a practice
    09-20-17 09:35 AM
    Lol, as I said our phones suit our needs. Your intention here is to push the KEYone as the better device when neither is as both are too different.

I am not a student, I do take notes in boardroom meetings though, and do it seamlessly with the keyboard I have chosen and SPen to annotate and draw what I need. You prefer a Physical Keyboard, and I am sure you do a great job with it to.
    You prefer a Physical Keyboard I prefer the Virtual Keyboard and SPen.

I'd love to be able to drag my TV everywhere but unfortunately I cannot especially when traveling frequently, I also like using phone to watch series and YouTube in bed, it's just the way I am, the wide HDR10 display does a better job than some Tv's due to pixels being so closely packed up, I am serious about A/V quality.

No, the Multitasking is not overblown for me, you are happy with 3GB RAM and apps reloading, I hate that, that's what I had to deal with on my old iPad 4 with iOS10, I hate reloads no matter how fast, as often times I am busy with something in that app and want it still where I left it when I get back.
    This is a smartphone it should keep everything you have done in the last few hours in RAM and I am glad my Note8 does that, as I am a heavy user.

LOL! Who hugs a phone charger all day buddy? I certainly don't my Note8 gets me through a full day of usage with over 8hours Screen On Time, I only charge when I have to e.g. if I am going to bed I plug in, otherwise I charge the next day.

The CPU in my Note8 is a 10nm Exynos8895 mate, it's incredibly efficient and handles heavy Multitasking and Media effortlessly.

It's okay to say the Note8 is not for you and you are happy with your KEYone, but don't try come here and push your opinion on others with your misinformation.

Here's a battery life comparison with the KEYone
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...42018f2262.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3bee9e2aaf.jpg
    There are many tests online that state in real life note8 battery does not take you through a day. Also there are power saving features on note8 to extend battery life but performance takes a hit. If you show tests like that you should let people know about things like that.
    09-20-17 12:55 PM
    There are many tests online that state in real life note8 battery does not take you through a day. Also there are power saving features on note8 to extend battery life but performance takes a hit. If you show tests like that you should let people know about things like that.
    My Note8 takes me through a day and most reviewers found the same, so what are you on about? Lol

Lol every Android including the KEYone has Power Saving features that kick in at around 15% and then get more aggressive at 5%, it’s part of Android 7.

You continue to post without any real backup, just assumption, it’s quite hilarious actually.
    09-20-17 01:06 PM
    You continue to post without any real backup, just assumption, it’s quite hilarious actually.
    Welcome to CrackBerry.
    09-20-17 03:22 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.
    LOL! Indeed. Why am I still surprised with members like him.
    09-20-17 03:45 PM
    I think it may be time to decide that there is a difference of opinion and that "different strokes for different folks" is an appropriate conclusion.
    09-20-17 03:51 PM
    If you use your phone more for texting for sure KEYone because of the physical keyboard, if it's more for media , browsing, viewing pdf and excel sheets for sure the note 8.
    Have to consider as well the difference in the price ....
    09-20-17 04:28 PM
    I think it may be time to decide that there is a difference of opinion and that "different strokes for different folks" is an appropriate conclusion.
    I've been saying so for a while now. Two very different devices, it's literally what suits the individual.
    09-20-17 05:15 PM
    Most people will prefer note 8 over k1 but this is crackberry lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-17 05:46 PM
    My Note8 takes me through a day and most reviewers found the same, so what are you on about? Lol

Lol every Android including the KEYone has Power Saving features that kick in at around 15% and then get more aggressive at 5%, it’s part of Android 7.

What no real backup

http://www.trustedreviews.com/review...ife-conclusion

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 – Battery life

Note devices were once heralded for excellent battery life, but with the Note 8 it’s merely ‘okay’. The battery cell itself is actually smaller than the one in the S8+, even though the screen is bigger and brighter here.

In its regular power mode mode, I’d be highly concerned that the Note 8’s 3300mAh battery wouldn’t get me through a full day of web browsing, social media, streaming music and taking photos.

I had a day out in which I browsed the web on the phone for a couple of hours, took maybe 50 photos and did about 15 minutes of Maps navigation, and by the end of the day I was scrabbling for a charger. Things did get better though, and throughout the majority of the review I was averaging 5 hours of screen-on time. This isn’t a bad number, but I would expect something more substantial for a phone of this size.

The phone does at least charge ridiculously quickly; expect to go from an empty tank to full in 90 minutes with the supplied charger.

With the optimised mode switched on, I’d be more confident about getting through a day of heavy use. The phone is noticeably slower (around 20% according to my benchmarks), but it’s still fast enough not to be annoying.

Samsung’s power-saving modes are among the best I’ve ever used, with each one customisable to your exact wants and needs. But I’d much prefer it if I could ignore them and have a phone that I could use all day.

image: https://ksassets.timeincuk.net/wp/up...e-8-cactus.jpg

[https://ksassets]
    I think Samsung is making an assumption that the people who buy this phone will spend a good portion of their day at work, with the phone plugged in. If that sounds like you, you’ll be fine. But just remember than when you take your Note 8 out for the weekend or on holiday, you’ll absolutely need a battery pack on your person or in your luggage.
    09-20-17 06:19 PM
    What no real backup

http://www.trustedreviews.com/review...ife-conclusion

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 – Battery life

Note devices were once heralded for excellent battery life, but with the Note 8 it’s merely ‘okay’. The battery cell itself is actually smaller than the one in the S8+, even though the screen is bigger and brighter here.

In its regular power mode mode, I’d be highly concerned that the Note 8’s 3300mAh battery wouldn’t get me through a full day of web browsing, social media, streaming music and taking photos.

I had a day out in which I browsed the web on the phone for a couple of hours, took maybe 50 photos and did about 15 minutes of Maps navigation, and by the end of the day I was scrabbling for a charger. Things did get better though, and throughout the majority of the review I was averaging 5 hours of screen-on time. This isn’t a bad number, but I would expect something more substantial for a phone of this size.

The phone does at least charge ridiculously quickly; expect to go from an empty tank to full in 90 minutes with the supplied charger.

With the optimised mode switched on, I’d be more confident about getting through a day of heavy use. The phone is noticeably slower (around 20% according to my benchmarks), but it’s still fast enough not to be annoying.

Samsung’s power-saving modes are among the best I’ve ever used, with each one customisable to your exact wants and needs. But I’d much prefer it if I could ignore them and have a phone that I could use all day.

image: https://ksassets.timeincuk.net/wp/up...e-8-cactus.jpg

[https://ksassets]
    I think Samsung is making an assumption that the people who buy this phone will spend a good portion of their day at work, with the phone plugged in. If that sounds like you, you’ll be fine. But just remember than when you take your Note 8 out for the weekend or on holiday, you’ll absolutely need a battery pack on your person or in your luggage.
    I got 8hours SOT I'm guessing he has the Snapdragon.

I'm o the efficient Exynos and it just keeps going!

09-20-17 06:22 PM
    Isn't the Note 8 screen not that much smaller than an iPad mini anyways? + it has stylus
    It's a 2" difference so still pretty noticeable. I'm really intrigued with the stylus more than anything. Plus I've never owned a Samsung device before other than a stuttery, slow as molasses 8" tab running on kitkat (terrible device).

I'm not a fan of Apple, but my ipad mini has been steady for me since getting it in 2014. That said, I only use it for browsing, YouTube and Netflix. The Note 8 looks like it could be a fun alternative.
    09-20-17 06:44 PM
    I don’t have samsung note 8 but i had many snapdragon 835 devices including op5 and sony xperia xy premium. Snapdragon 835 efficiency is as good as snapdragon 625. My op5 gave me 10 hours SOT. I had two keyone before and they also gave me around 10 SOT. Snapdragon 835 is very good chipset IMO.
    09-20-17 06:52 PM
70 123