WOAH! I knew the Note8 had far better RAM Management, but THAT is just insanity getting my Note8 tomorrow, cannot wait for my beast! it absolutely OBLITERATED that S8

The K1 would be even worse than the S8, thats the sad part, lol.

I multitask heavily, at times I have 2 Web browsers (Samsung Internet and Opera), Tapatalk, FB, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, WhatsApp, GMail (3 email accounts), Exchange Email (for work), Outlook (personal), AdWords, Analytics, Skype (for work), YouTube, Calendar and Premier League apps all open in my S7 Edge, so it seems the Note8 will handle my usage like a champ.

An Android with less than 4GB RAM would be useless to me at this point and after tomorrow, anything with less than 6GB RAM will not be up to being my main device. I need a workhorse that handles Multimedia, Productivity and Content Manipulation well, not just a 1 trick pony.
    Then you got wrong phone because ... OnePlus5 has 8GB of RAM. You could multi-task another 5 to 10 apps on OnePlus5. Your "beast" already feels like last gen at this point. Sorry.
    09-17-17 05:59 AM
    One thing that reviewer mentioned is that Samsung phones have horrible memory management. This must be the reason why Blackberry with "slow" CPU is almost as fast as Samsung top and VERY expensive phone.

All this TouchWiz or however is called must be really affecting performance of Samsung phone and this is the reason why Samsung is offering so much memory on s8. BlackBerry does not have this problem because it is almost stock android which I prefer tremendously.

Plus Samsung pushes down your throat that Samsung personal assistant. I do not know like you but "ok Google" is my favorite.

I have never noticed any serious slow downs on blackberry priv. It performed same a year later as on day one.

The only time you can see battery and performance issues is when you install some apps that are so badly coded that they are just killing the phone.
    How is it almost stock Android? Please elaborate on this one.
    09-17-17 06:06 AM
    Then you got wrong phone because ... OnePlus5 has 8GB of RAM. You could multi-task another 5 to 10 apps on OnePlus5. Your "beast" already feels like last gen at this point. Sorry.
    OnePlus5 has no expandable Memory, with the Note8 I have 64GB +128GB MicroSD and I'll be getting a 256GB MicroSD.
    OnePlus5 has a weak Camera
    OnePlus5 does not have Wireless Charging
    OnePlus5 has no SPen
    The Note8 can do 4K@120FPS, the OnePlus5 is on 60FPS playback.
    OnePlus5 has a smaller 1080P display, the Note8 has a 1200nit WQHD+ SuperAMOLED with HDR10

I could keep going 😂

Sorry bud, the OnePlus5 doesn't compare 😂 its a nice phone, and I'd get it if I was on a tight budget, its a great mid end phone!
    09-17-17 06:09 AM
    OnePlus5 has no expandable Memory, with the Note8 I have 64GB +128GB MicroSD and I'll be getting a 256GB MicroSD.
    OnePlus5 has no SPen
    OnePlus5 has a smaller 1080P display, the Note8 has a 1200nit WQHD+ SuperAMOLED with HDR10

I could keep going

Sorry bud, the OnePlus5 doesn't compare its a nice phone, and I'd get it if I was on a tight budget, its a great mid end phone!
    That is not the point. You said you multi-task heavily so I said your new phone will perform poorly in mult-tasking. Isn't ?

My KEYone has 3GB of ram and it is multitasking just fine. I often have 3-5 apps open. No slow downs works just fine.

My KEYone has 1080p screen which is nothing compared to Note8 bur on the other hand I do not need to run to wall charger every 5 minutes to re-charge the phone.

KEYone is like that energizer bunny. It just keeps going and going and it never stops.

And lastly I can keep wringing here for next hour with my physical keyboard. Good luck to you doing in on virtual keyboard.

That is why I say KEYone is efficient "beast".
    09-17-17 06:36 AM
    That is not the point. You said you multi-task heavily so I said your new phone will perform poorly in mult-tasking. Isn't ?

My KEYone has 3GB of ram and it is multitasking just fine. I often have 3-5 apps open. No slow downs works just fine.

My KEYone has 1080p screen which is nothing compared to Note8 bur on the other hand I do not need to run to wall charger every 5 minutes to re-charge the phone.

KEYone is like that energizer bunny. It just keeps going and going and it never stops.

And lastly I can keep wringing here for next hour with my physical keyboard. Good luck to you doing in on virtual keyboard.

That is why I say KEYone is efficient "beast".
    Lol, 25 apps staying open is excellent performance on top of everything else the Note8 does, it will be perfect for my heavy multitasking. 😁

I've been using Virtual Keyboards since 2009 mate, LOL, I am very happy with them.
    09-17-17 06:41 AM
    Lol, 25 apps staying open is excellent performance on top of everything else the Note8 does, it will be perfect for my heavy multitasking.

I've been using Virtual Keyboards since 2009 mate, LOL, I am very happy with them.
    I am sure you will. It is very good phone. I will check it out up close and personal next time I am in local carrier store. I just do not think I would want to have a phone the same size as 7 inch Samsung tablet and I am not prepared to pay for it so much money. Samsung is no Apple. (Not that I I would buy iPhone but Apple is Apple and people keep buying it regardless the price it seems)

KEYone is not to big and not to small. It fits nicely in my pocket and it just works great for me.

Enjoy your phone and write some good personal review on android central after a month of usage so you know it better.
    09-17-17 07:36 AM
    I am sure you will. It is very good phone. I will check it out up close and personal next time I am in local carrier store. I just do not think I would want to have a phone the same size as 7 inch Samsung tablet and I am not prepared to pay for it so much money. Samsung is no Apple. (Not that I I would buy iPhone but Apple is Apple and people keep buying it regardless the price it seems)

KEYone is not to big and not to small. It fits nicely in my pocket and it just works great for me.

Enjoy your phone and write some good personal review on android central after a month of usage so you know it better.
    Enjoy your K1 mate!
    It's a solid device.

We just can't compare these 2 phones, they are for 2 different people.
    bitek likes this.
    09-17-17 07:40 AM
    I had the Note 8 in my hands yesterday at our local Saturn store, it sure is a nice device but man, this thing is pretty big. I already thought the Note 7 was a large phone but the Note 8 takes it to a new level. I am not sure whether I'd like to have this size as my daily driver. However it feels very well build, the screen is just as amazing as one would expect from a Samsung flagship and the device feels extremely snappy.
    Pretty sure Note 8 owners will be very happy, but as already said: Both phones have different strengths and everybody needs to check which ones fits better.
    bitek likes this.
    09-17-17 07:47 AM
    No he only worship Samsung!!

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    09-17-17 08:11 AM
    Lol, 25 apps staying open is excellent performance on top of everything else the Note8 does, it will be perfect for my heavy multitasking. 😁

why don't you receive your Note 8 first and then use it for a week or month before start rituals?

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    09-17-17 08:14 AM
    WOAH! I knew the Note8 had far better RAM Management, but THAT is just insanity getting my Note8 tomorrow, cannot wait for my beast! 😁 it absolutely OBLITERATED that S8 😂

The K1 would be even worse than the S8, thats the sad part, lol.

I multitask heavily, at times I have 2 Web browsers (Samsung Internet and Opera), Tapatalk, FB, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, WhatsApp, GMail (3 email accounts), Exchange Email (for work), Outlook (personal), AdWords, Analytics, Skype (for work), YouTube, Calendar and Premier League apps all open in my S7 Edge, so it seems the Note8 will handle my usage like a champ.

An Android with less than 4GB RAM would be useless to me at this point and after tomorrow, anything with less than 6GB RAM will not be up to being my main device. I need a workhorse that handles Multimedia, Productivity and Content Manipulation well, not just a 1 trick pony.
    As far as workhorsing, let us know how the 3300 mAh battery of the N8 gets you a whole day comfortably. If so, then that is some serious optimization, especially if it outlasts your S7 Edge that has 300 mAh more.
    09-17-17 08:46 AM
    Sorry bud, the OnePlus5 doesn't compare ������ its a nice phone, and I'd get it if I was on a tight budget, its a great mid end phone!
    d: ¿ou 'ǝʌᴉℲ snlԀǝuO ǝɥʇ uo sᴉɥʇ ǝʞᴉl ʞool plnoʍ ƃuᴉɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ 'sǝpᴉsǝq
    09-17-17 09:02 AM
    I had the Note 8 in my hands yesterday at our local Saturn store, it sure is a nice device but man, this thing is pretty big. I already thought the Note 7 was a large phone but the Note 8 takes it to a new level. I am not sure whether I'd like to have this size as my daily driver. However it feels very well build, the screen is just as amazing as one would expect from a Samsung flagship and the device feels extremely snappy.
    Pretty sure Note 8 owners will be very happy, but as already said: Both phones have different strengths and everybody needs to check which ones fits better.
    Take a look at the specs. Compared to a K1 the Note 8 really isn't that much bigger. Barely 10mm taller, almost the same width, and thinner. That bezel-less display makes a huge difference.
    09-17-17 10:59 AM
    While not a Note 8, I've used a Note 5 since it launched. It was the absolute best mobile device I've ever owned. Still own it actually. I usually use the Note series of devices and BB10 devices.

That said, I have owned a K1 since June and the Note 5 was repurposed as a backup phone. The K1 takes over as the absolute best device I have ever used. Side by side, I cannot see a performance difference between the two and I actually think the display size on the K1 is far superior.

I would never own one of these bezel-less devices with their long, skinny screens. I actually despise the looks of them.

Now, if the smartphone world goes long, skinny, bezel-less screens across the board then I have a dilemma on my hands. Until then, give me bezels with normal looking displays.
    09-17-17 11:24 AM
    @thurask

I see what did there 😂. Nearly forgot about the upside down display gate of the OP5.
    09-17-17 12:02 PM
    There is one feature of the notes (since 5 on), you want to write down something real quick, instead of scrambling for paper and pen, you pull your note out, and write on the screen straight away, other phones, you need to unlock, find an app to take it down etc. It's all too natural to want a note, productivity ...
    FF22 likes this.
    09-17-17 12:40 PM
    There is one feature of the notes (since 5 on), you want to write down something real quick, instead of scrambling for paper and pen, you pull your note out, and write on the screen straight away, other phones, you need to unlock, find an app to take it down etc. It's all too natural to want a note, productivity ...
    Yeah you could but beauty of physical keyboard is that you do not have to look at keyboard to type it. I am typing this message and watching movie on Tv. I just think what I want to type and my fingers do their magic. Isn't that cool or what !

There are serious applications for that.

You can go on appointment , listen to the prospect without taking your eyes away and just taking notes.

With KEYone. You can do the same thing. You can program convenience key to say Google notes and take notes immediately without looking for pen and pencil. It is awesome !
    09-17-17 01:00 PM
    I have a good experience to use KEYone in office. KEYone is a productivity tool which is best for mid-level device helps as a daily driver for enterprise clients. It is a stylish device and easy to use at the office. It is more than a usual smartphone contains brilliant QWERTY keyboard.

Some of the fantastic KEYone features are:

• Unique Look
    • Fabulous Battery Life
    • Stunning Camera Results
    • Effective Communication Management
    • Timely Software
    bitek likes this.
    09-18-17 02:35 AM
    OnePlus5 has no SPen

I could keep going

Sorry bud, the OnePlus5 doesn't compare its a nice phone, and I'd get it if I was on a tight budget, its a great mid end phone!
    Whoa, what? The iPhone X will be the first phone to do 4K @ 60fps. The others on the market can do at most 4k @ 30fps. Maybe you’re thinking 1080p.
    09-18-17 09:07 AM
    Whoa, what? The iPhone X will be the first phone to do 4K @ 60fps. The others on the market can do at most 4k @ 30fps. Maybe you’re thinking 1080p.
    I am talking playback. The Exynos8895 in the S8 and Note8 supports 4K@120FPS Capture and Playback, Samsung just disabled The Capture due to the Snapdragon835 only supporting 30FPS
    09-18-17 09:09 AM
    I am talking playback. The Exynos8895 in the S8 and Note8 supports 4K@120FPS Capture and Playback, Samsung just disabled The Capture due to the Snapdragon835 only supporting 30FPS
    Gotcha! Didn’t realize the 8895 could do 120. Just a shame they didn’t give us lowly North Americans the 8895 as well.
    09-18-17 09:43 AM
    Gotcha! Didn’t realize the 8895 could do 120. Just a shame they didn’t give us lowly North Americans the 8895 as well.
    My N5 has an Exynos running it. Don't know if there was two variants of the N5 in the US but mine is definitely an Exynos and it rocks.
    09-18-17 10:42 AM
    Blame Verizon and Sprint.
    09-18-17 11:38 AM
    I did go to local best buy to check out Note8. It is gorgeous looking phone. It is truly beautiful. But dropping this fragile thing of beauty would be devastating experience. I could imagine the cost of replacing the screen.
    I did play with the pen and I think I would use it as such as I use pen on Microsoft surface. To have people sign contracts that is it. (If I only had the phone). Otherwise I see little use for it.

On the other hand I had busy day at work today and my KEYone was working very hard for me. I was checking emails, texting clients, browsing all at the same time. I had several apps open at the same time. My KEYone was just flowlessly breezing through all the tasks. No problems. It is true that some of the apps needed to reload but the process is so fast.

The KEYone is so powerful in the way it handles all the things. I totally do not feel like there is "only" 3gb of ram or that the processor is "underpowered" compared to top of the line phones.

Software and hardware work in perfect synchronization making the experience so great.

Note8 might be the most beautiful phone to look at but o boy KEYone is just such a workhorse. It just keep going and going doing things business people would want their phone to do.

Perhaps KEYone is a niche market phone but it is so perfect for those niche market people.

KEYone is the absolute pinnacle of efficiency and productivity. Nothing come close.
    freinhar likes this.
    09-19-17 08:14 PM
    I love my KEYone to bits ( am even in the process of importing the dual sim version from India so that I can keep both my work and personal sims on a single device), but am intrigued by the Note 8 and am thinking of getting one as a media consumption device to replace my aging ipad mini (2nd gen). I'll have to go check it out in person to see how big that screen really is.
    09-19-17 09:42 PM
70 123