Aside from specs which phone is really more productivity tool. Which one is better for business ?

The one with stylus or the one with physical keyboard.

My opinion is the one with physical keyboard. It is just so much easier to take notes / write memos / type longer emails etc. With physical keyboard than with stylus.

Stylus in a phone seems unnecessary because it is just easier to type with virtual keyboard than take out stylus every time and use it for same task.

Stylus seems to be more suited for larger screens like Microsoft surface or Samsung tablet or apple iPad pro.

Samsung note screen which is enormous in size for a phone seems tiny compared to the 3 mentioned above.

All the task stylus can do KEYone can do faster with physical keyboard.

What do you think ?
    09-12-17 02:56 PM
    depends on what you do. The ability to sign pdf with the stylus is pretty nifty. NOTE fans are really like PKB fans.: nothing else compares.
    09-12-17 03:00 PM
    Well,

SD 835 + 3300 mAh + 6in screen

VS

SD 625 + 3500 mAh + 4.5in screen

Enough said

A productivity phone should last a full day of heavy use with ease. Not so sure about that Note 8.
    09-12-17 03:16 PM
    I own both, and I can honestly say hey both have their own perks. Note 8 lasts about a day, Keyone at least 2. I mainly use my Note 8 for media consumption, but do use smart select for PDF and Excel sometimes.
    Relletti likes this.
    09-12-17 03:45 PM
    I own both, and I can honestly say hey both have their own perks. Note 8 lasts about a day, Keyone at least 2. I mainly use my Note 8 for media consumption, but do use smart select for PDF and Excel sometimes.
    If I go all out heavy use my K1 won't last 2 full days but with light/medium use with battery saving mode it definitely can
    09-12-17 03:55 PM

I found this comparison between KEYone and S8 test is surprising to say at least. I think 4GB version will make wonders for KEYone.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-14-17 08:39 AM
    Lol, this thread failed miserably at Android Central, I see you have now brought it here. 😂
    09-14-17 12:02 PM
    depends on what you do. The ability to sign pdf with the stylus is pretty nifty. NOTE fans are really like PKB fans.: nothing else compares.
    You don't need the S-Pen to sign a PDF.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-17 12:52 PM
    Lol, this thread failed miserably at Android Central, I see you have now brought it here.
    No it did not. Moderator closed it. Better watch the video. You would be surprised.

most of reviews say Note 8 is a bit pointless device. Unless you need to take notes regular s8 is better device. I am yet to come across one review which specifically say Note is good for business. But there are reviews which clearly state that KEYone is for business people.
    09-14-17 03:08 PM
    No it did not. Moderator closed it. Better watch the video. You would be surprised.

most of reviews say Note 8 is a bit pointless device. Unless you need to take notes regular s8 is better device. I am yet to come across one review which specifically say Note is good for business. But there are reviews which clearly state that KEYone is for business people.
    Thats because smartphones are good for business these days. Its mainly down to what each person needs.

I saw the video, it didn't show much e.g. how these devices are after a few months of usage.

You don't seem to grasp the importance of the SPen to many of us and that's fine, but quit trying to push your own narrative on to others, its almost as if you are trying to convince yourself that you did good by buying a K1.
    Bezbozny and Relletti like this.
    09-14-17 03:21 PM
    I saw the video, it didn't show much e.g. how these devices are after a few months of usage.
    Just curious. Why would you need to know what happens after a few months? It shouldn't matter. It never did on any Android device I've ever owned. The only thing that can affect a phone over time is the cache, which can be easily managed.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-14-17 03:27 PM
    Thats because smartphones are good for business these days. Its mainly down to what each person needs.

You don't seem to grasp the importance of the SPen to many of us and that's fine, but quit trying to push your own narrative on to others, its almost as if you are trying to convince yourself that you did good by buying a K1.
    On the contrary I think Note is a great phone because this is one of very few that stands out and is different than everything else. I just did not read much from note users of what can you do with this pen except for signing pdf files or taking notes. But if I was to buy Samsung I would probably look at this phone because of added features.

I guess blackberry next phone should be with keyboard and built-in pen. The ultimate business phone.

Anyhow enjoy your phone
    09-14-17 03:42 PM
    Just curious. Why would you need to know what happens after a few months? It shouldn't matter. It never did on any Android device I've ever owned. The only thing that can affect a phone over time is the cache, which can be easily managed.
    Yes it does, have you not seen all the "after the hype" reviews most review sites do now???

It's become very important to see how a device maintains performance overtime.
    09-14-17 03:56 PM
    Yes it does, have you not seen all the "after the hype" reviews most review sites do now???

I still can't grasp the technical issues behind the apparent "slowdown" you speak of. What can it be beside the cache or a misbehaving app? Worst case - do a factory restore. Regardless, it's Android's fault, not the hardware. It's not like the SoC is going to down-clock or something.
    09-14-17 03:58 PM
    I still can't grasp the technical issues behind the apparent "slowdown" you speak of. What can it be beside the cache or a misbehaving app? Worst case - do a factory restore. Regardless, it's Android's fault, not the hardware. It's not like the SoC is going to down-clock or something.
    I can almost garantee I saw battery degradation within a few months use from my Galaxy S7. While this may be normal across all devices eventually, it bothered me more than I thought it would.
    09-14-17 04:30 PM
    Doing a factory restore every few months sounds painful, but hey, to each his own.
    09-14-17 04:31 PM
    I disagree with all of you. Both K1 and Note 8 do indeed belong in the same category. They are both hopelessly overpriced relative to the features and specs they provide.
    09-14-17 04:41 PM

One thing that reviewer mentioned is that Samsung phones have horrible memory management. This must be the reason why Blackberry with "slow" CPU is almost as fast as Samsung top and VERY expensive phone.

All this TouchWiz or however is called must be really affecting performance of Samsung phone and this is the reason why Samsung is offering so much memory on s8. BlackBerry does not have this problem because it is almost stock android which I prefer tremendously.

Plus Samsung pushes down your throat that Samsung personal assistant. I do not know like you but "ok Google" is my favorite.

I have never noticed any serious slow downs on blackberry priv. It performed same a year later as on day one.

The only time you can see battery and performance issues is when you install some apps that are so badly coded that they are just killing the phone.
    09-14-17 06:24 PM
    One thing that reviewer mentioned is that Samsung phones have horrible memory management. This must be the reason why Blackberry with "slow" CPU is almost as fast as Samsung top and VERY expensive phone.

All this TouchWiz or however is called must be really affecting performance of Samsung phone and this is the reason why Samsung is offering so much memory on s8. BlackBerry does not have this problem because it is almost stock android which I prefer tremendously.

Plus Samsung pushes down your throat that Samsung personal assistant. I do not know like you but "ok Google" is my favorite.

I have never noticed any serious slow downs on blackberry priv. It performed same a year later as on day one.

The only time you can see battery and performance issues is when you install some apps that are so badly coded that they are just killing the phone.
    Memory Management was an issue with the Galaxy S6 back in 2015, Samsung made it far too strict. It was sorted in the Galaxy S7 and onwards and the Note8 has 6GB RAM that performs far better than the S8.

If you don't require all the power, multimedia capabilities and productivity of the Note8, then stick with the K1, its a good phone for Email, Text and a bit of multimedia. Use what you are happy with.

End of the day the Note8 and K1 just can't be compared as the Note8 is a convergence device and the K1 is more focused on 1 key area.
    09-15-17 03:30 PM
    I am sorry but I can't comment on the just released Note 8. However I have used both the Note Edge (Note 4 special variant) as well as the dreaded Note 7 for the short period of time it was available to me. So while I have not and most likely won't ever, used the newest Note, I think I still could try making some comments.

The Note 7 at least was a pretty good phone, decent battery life, amazing display and great performance. The S-Pen would be *the* stand off feature of the Note series and it can be a very handy tool - yet not for everyone and every kind of use. Talking about the pen, it is really useful for making quick notes and memos, especially the "screen-off" functionality is very nice: Just pull out the S-Pen and write on the screen while the phone is asleep - you still can make a note and save it for later.
    It's also nice for navigating around the phone, less fingerprints, much more precise and some websites are much easier navigated using that stylus. It's also handy for text selection. Last but not least taking photos and screenshots and do some handwritten notes or drawings to them is very easy, handy and convenient. However beyond that I, and I really am only speaking for myself, found rather limited use on the longer run. Writing on the already pretty big screen isn't comfortable at all, I usually ran out of space pretty fast for some more extensive notes. I am not an artist so I also didn't get any fun or interest in just doodling around with it. Signing a .pdf is nice, but I do this maybe once a year...not really worth it for me.

Besides the S-Pen, the Note of course offers decent splitscreen options for multitasking. However, I still found the screen too small to be actually useful. It was again a nice feature to play around with, but I never actually used it in a common, daily productive way. Maybe the Note 8 will be better with the again increased screen size.

The Keyone on the other hand features the physical keyboard, something which might not be absolutely mandatory for me, but very, very important. Compared to the S-Pen I find it much, MUCH more useful for virtually everything. I type a lot of texts and the keyboard simply delivers on these tasks. Battery life on the K1 is impressive, on my typical use it lasts me about two days on a single charge. Compared to other phones like the Priv or the Note 7, they only really handled one day on a single charge. That's a pretty big deal for me, because the Keyones battery performance simply is much more reliable. It always gets me through the day, even an unusually heavy one - something other phones can't do and need a charge to keep them going.
    Of course the screen is much less impressive than the Note screen in terms of size as well as panel quality. Yet it is ok and gets the job done, especially if you aren't a heavy multimedia consumer/gamer.

At the end of the day, I think it boils down what kind of stuff you expect from your smartphone. If you do a lot of quick memos, often take and send pictures/screenshots and like/need to comment them directly, the Note is a great tool. It's also better of course if you enjoy watching videos on the go or are an avid gamer: The big display is pretty beneficial there.
    The BlackBerry on the other hand is IMHO better for "boring" stuff, a classic workhorse phone. A phone which holds up even on very busy days without searching for a charger. Last but not least you need to want to use the physical keyboard. If you aren't really interested in it or learning the benefits of having one, the K1 surely ain't the right choice.
    bitek and hxh145 like this.
    09-15-17 07:22 PM
    As someone who has tried A LOT of huge screen size all touchscreen phones over the years to compensate for the lack of a physical keyboard, I'm definitely of the opinion that the physical keyboard still outweighs all over productivity characteristics.

Since switching back to a physical keyboard with the KEYone (tried various iOS, Android, and even Windows phones the last few years) I am getting so much more stuff done on my phone again that I used to have to wait to get to a computer for.

Really loving the keyboard and thinking it was a big mistake in hindsight that I thought I'd be able to cope without it. Touchscreen users kept telling me I will get used to it, but even after several years it never quite worked for me. The KEYone is a godsent!
    bitek likes this.
    09-15-17 10:45 PM
    ^ Case in point: even the message above is of a length that I probably wouldn't have bothered to type it if I were still on my Pixel.
    09-15-17 10:46 PM
    ^ Case in point: even the message above is of a length that I probably wouldn't have bothered to type it if I were still on my Pixel.
    That is absolutely true !
    09-16-17 07:52 PM
    I'm getting both. Best of both worlds. I still miss screenshot editing tools from Note world. Once you do it, there's nothing like that.

Also multitasking has also improved big time on Note 8.
    Check this out
    Last edited by TheBond; 09-17-17 at 02:04 AM.
    09-16-17 10:00 PM
    I'm getting both. Best of both worlds. I still miss screenshot editing tools from Note world. Once you do it, there's nothing like that.

Also multitasking has also improved big time on Note 8.
    Check this out
    WOAH! I knew the Note8 had far better RAM Management, but THAT is just insanity getting my Note8 tomorrow, cannot wait for my beast! 😁 it absolutely OBLITERATED that S8 😂

The K1 would be even worse than the S8, thats the sad part, lol.

I multitask heavily, at times I have 2 Web browsers (Samsung Internet and Opera), Tapatalk, FB, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, WhatsApp, GMail (3 email accounts), Exchange Email (for work), Outlook (personal), AdWords, Analytics, Skype (for work), YouTube, Calendar and Premier League apps all open in my S7 Edge, so it seems the Note8 will handle my usage like a champ.

An Android with less than 4GB RAM would be useless to me at this point and after tomorrow, anything with less than 6GB RAM will not be up to being my main device. I need a workhorse that handles Multimedia, Productivity and Content Manipulation well, not just a 1 trick pony.
    09-17-17 03:36 AM
70 123