K1 is on Android 7.1.1; LG V10 is on Android 6.0. So, some of what I'm experiencing is the result of BB software, while some is the result of Android improvements. Not sure which is which.

Anyway, to start this thread: I sat outside and showed a Youtube video to my wife. The screen is bright and easy to see, the resolution is crisp, and the speaker is stronger than the V10. On all of these, I think the advantage goes to K1.
    06-04-17 01:14 PM
    I had a V10 and now have the K1. I'd take the K1 without question.
    06-04-17 01:18 PM
    I will go one better... I had the LG V20, which has Nougat. It will sit on my desk until I sell it off. K1 is far superior for me as a communication-centric business phone.
    06-04-17 01:48 PM
    I will go one better... I had the LG V20, which has Nougat. It will sit on my desk until I sell it off. K1 is far superior for me as a communication-centric business phone.
    I get it. Do you have anything specific you can point to as to what's superior?

So far, all the LG stuff I love on the phone itself is handled either as well as, or better than, on the V10. Well, with one exception: using the 1Password keyboard is, frankly, impossible in practice.

Outside the phone itself, I want BB to provide a desktop app. I want to plug the phone in and do desktop backups, and I want to sync iTunes to it. (I'm doing that now via wifi, thanks to iSyncr, but a desktop app would be better.)
    06-04-17 03:26 PM
    the v10 is a 2 year old phone i think. So its on an outdated processor and lessor OS. Not surprised the keyone gets the nod really.
    06-04-17 03:32 PM
    the v10 is a 2 year old phone i think. So its on an outdated processor and lessor OS. Not surprised the keyone gets the nod really.
    Well, it's not about the processor. That's a specboi thing. I'm looking at the user experience, and liking what I see.

I'm really curious how much of that is because I moved from Android 6 to Android 7, and how much of that was because I moved from LG to BB.
    06-04-17 04:24 PM
    The v10 is a beast of a phone. Gorgeous screen, great feel and zippy fast. Shame about the reboot loop issues myself and lots of others suffered
    06-04-17 04:36 PM
    You and me both. I'll miss the wide angle camera and the headphone DAC but the battery life was not great on the V20. Performance also wasn't consistent.

My V20 is waiting to be sold.
    06-04-17 04:39 PM
    Outside the phone itself, I want BB to provide a desktop app. I want to plug the phone in and do desktop backups, and I want to sync iTunes to it. (I'm doing that now via wifi, thanks to iSyncr, but a desktop app would be better.)
    BlackBerry has to be working on a desktop manager for android. It would truly help with the transition from bb10 and I think the die hard android folks would appreciate It as well.

Posted via CB10
    Adam Frix likes this.
    06-04-17 04:41 PM
    The v10 is a beast of a phone. Gorgeous screen, great feel and zippy fast. Shame about the reboot loop issues myself and lots of others suffered
    You do know that LG fixes those, right?

I bought my two V10s used. One bootlooped in December, and LG just plain fixed it. Took only a few days round trip, door to door. They fixed it and shipped it the day they received it.

My second one bootlooped in March. Again, they just fixed it.

Head to their web site and hit the link for mobile repair. Voila.

They know what they did. And they're fixing the problem.
    06-04-17 05:08 PM
    BlackBerry has to be working on a desktop manager for android. It would truly help with the transition from bb10 and I think the die hard android folks would appreciate It as well.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.

I absolutely loved the OLD desktop app. It handled iTunes perfectly. Few on Android are bothering to do it well.
    06-04-17 05:09 PM
    No K1 yet here. Waiting until it hits my price. But I do have the V20. It works very well as a business centric phone for me. Have a spare battery, Nougat split screens, and the BlackBerry keyboard to give me what I want for serious work.

Then as a consumer phone it consolidates what I used to carry. No more carrying around a USB to go cable for my external USB DAC listening pleasure on flights and trips. Camera is excellent on the V20 as well along with the high fidelity recording capabilities.
    06-04-17 05:42 PM
    The v10 battery life was awful... I couldn't even get past that 1 issue.
    06-04-17 05:44 PM