Hi All
    I'm really tempted to pickup a Keyone - just waiting for an in-stock unlocked version to appear here in Canada and I'll probably pull the trigger.

But while I'm waiting, I realized I could install the BB Launcher, BB Hub, BB Calendar and BB Privacy apps on my S7 Edge - all of which are working much better than I expected and I'm really enjoying the BB "experience", albeit on a non BB device.

My question is : Do you think a large on-screen keyboard (like a pixel XL) would be as productive / accurate as the Keyone Physical one?
    Attached Thumbnails Keyone vs Large on-screen keyboard-screenshot_20170621-075245.jpg  
    06-21-17 06:26 PM
    Definitely not as accurate.

As for productivity, it depends on what you need to do with your phone. Hammer out a lot of emails? KEYone is your best bet. Edit and view lots of pictures or videos? Pixel XL.

Productivity can mean lots of different things.
    06-21-17 08:28 PM
    Is an accidental keypress (e.g. a RETURN key in a bad place) a disaster?

Then a VKB will never be what a PKB can be.

There ARE plenty of applications where an unwanted keypress IS a disaster. Think remote admin of a broken server somewhere. Been there done that and on my DTEK60 you SWEAT the entire time -- a half-completed command where you hit RETURN by accident and you're REALLY screwed.
    06-21-17 08:55 PM
    Hi All
    I'm really tempted to pickup a Keyone - just waiting for an in-stock unlocked version to appear here in Canada and I'll probably pull the trigger.

But while I'm waiting, I realized I could install the BB Launcher, BB Hub, BB Calendar and BB Privacy apps on my S7 Edge - all of which are working much better than I expected and I'm really enjoying the BB "experience", albeit on a non BB device.

My question is : Do you think a large on-screen keyboard (like a pixel XL) would be as productive / accurate as the Keyone Physical one?
    No.
    Anthonyfear likes this.
    06-21-17 10:20 PM
    LOL thanks for that - short but to the point :-)
    06-21-17 10:25 PM
    Definitely not as accurate because I can type on my KEYone and there's no way I could do that on my iPhone. The Pixel looks nice but the KEYone is better at being typed on if you like physical keyboards, and is for sure more unique.
    06-21-17 10:50 PM
    You should try out the BlackBerry Keyboard on your S7 -- it would give you an idea of how it might work for you on a device with a larger screen. Take a look at this thread for the "how to".

https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...uired-1059855/

You should ignore installing the Hub+ stuff, though, since it's available through the Google Play store and you'll receive updates better that way.
    06-21-17 11:43 PM
    I put the BlackBerry kb on my phone using that method as I missed it.
    06-22-17 12:10 AM
    I believe its personal preference at this point.
    06-22-17 12:26 AM