for discussion purposes, from key2 & keyone members: what's the big fuss and differences (big and small) between the keyone and key2?

One minor complaint I have with the keyone: the keys on the keypad are rather smaller than the bb classic. Still; typing is accurate af!

I've used bb back in the day from the torch to the classic. Owned many different phones along the way, all touch screen, all android, except for the last year or so I've been with apple. Oh how dearly I secretly wished for a physical keyboard to come back into my life. Once I heard online rumors about blackberry making a comeback I was stoked! I ordered the keyone (unlocked, GSM, AT&T) last week and I love it! Best phone I've ever owned, never going back to Apple! Coworkers heads spin when they see me rockin out text and emails saying things like "is that a blackberry?!" When I give a little demo of what it can do, they flip out.

What's your story?

-happy holidays!
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 12-13-18 at 10:23 PM. Reason: language
    Sigewif and rarsen like this.
    12-13-18 09:55 PM
    20% taller, non-glossy, improved feedback keys on the KEY².

660 SoC instead of 625 (about double the horsepower).

Dual camera for portrait photos and 2x optical zoom.

More storage and ram. Improved antenna. Speedkey.

Pretty much better in every way.
    12-13-18 10:33 PM
    I am happy with my KEYone, but to be fair, I received a 'new' one due to a screen pop, so my battery life is once again fantastic. I actually prefer the glossy keys of this phone, but I have not really played with a KEY2 except for briefly in one of the few carrier shops that have a functional display model. The KEYone on Oreo is fast enough for what I do with it, and my apps launch quickly and reliably. I think I'll probably wait until the anticipated KEY3 is released to upgrade. This is one of the first times in a while that I've been very happy sticking with a BlackBerry device after a new one is announced.

I suppose if I experienced any lag or encountered apps that didn't perform well I'd consider moving to to a KEY2 (never an LE - I use the capacitive keyboard every day, and that's a deal-breaker for me - although I do love the Atomic Red version...)
    dosten and OmarRushdi like this.
    12-13-18 11:27 PM
    I am happy with my KEYone but have thought about getting a KEY2 because the upgraded keyboard and other improvements have sounded very appealing. I don't know at what point a KEY3 might appear on the scene but I will definitely be watching for it. Maybe it won't be till they release one that is 5G compatible.
    BadgerBoy77 likes this.
    12-14-18 01:58 AM

Pretty much better in every way.
    Oh man! I want it! A couple nights ago my keyone rebooted by itself? It happened maybe three times that night and with maybe 30-45 seconds in between each reboot. I thought it was because I was downloading a couple ram/memory cleaning apps...but since then I've done a factory reset, received the newest update, and everything's actually been running super nice...however it did a self reboot about 20 minutes ago...thoughts? This is making me consider returning it and purchasing the key2...more thoughts? Lol
    12-14-18 06:20 PM
    I am happy with my KEYone but have thought about getting a KEY2 because the upgraded keyboard and other improvements have sounded very appealing. I don't know at what point a KEY3 might appear on the scene but I will definitely be watching for it. Maybe it won't be till they release one that is 5G compatible.
    Can the key2 keyboard "do more?"
    12-14-18 06:21 PM
    Yes, because is 20 percent larger and has a speed key. K2 is well worth it!
    Can the key2 keyboard "do more?"
    12-14-18 11:17 PM
    Yes, because is 20 percent larger and has a speed key. K2 is well worth it!
    How about the keyboard on the LE version?
    12-15-18 12:52 AM
    The LE keyboard is fine, but it lacks the capasitive keyboard. The ability to scroll by swiping. Selecting words by swiping up, scrolling left or right. To me, that separates the KEY and LE in a major way.
    How about the keyboard on the LE version?
    12-15-18 02:35 AM
    The LE keyboard is fine, but it lacks the capasitive keyboard. The ability to scroll by swiping. Selecting words by swiping up, scrolling left or right. To me, that separates the KEY and LE in a major way.
    Soo we can scroll through pages using the keyboard on the keyone but not the key2 LE? Am I understanding this correctly?
    12-15-18 06:57 AM

_Improved feedback????? Absolutely not.
    Aesthetic apart K1 has better feedback

_About double... Ehem mathematics

_Dual does not mean better and you know how bad is the Dual camera.
    As a reference pixel devices...

_True

Pretty much better in every way

_Worst display and easier to break in the K2.
    12-15-18 09:26 AM
    Soo we can scroll through pages using the keyboard on the keyone but not the key2 LE? Am I understanding this correctly?
    Yes.
    12-15-18 09:30 AM
    BlackBerry KEY2 Review - One of the best BlackBerry keyboards ever built https://www.crackberry.com/blackberry-key2-review

"During the launch, BlackBerry Mobile noted they took cues from the Bold 9900 keyboard to create the KEY2 keyboard right down to the 'clickiness,' and it shows."
    12-15-18 09:35 AM
    AnTuTu: 625 - 6300, 660 - 11800
    GeekBench Single Core: 625 - 820, 660 - 1600
    GeekBench Multi Core: 625 - 3000, 660 - 5800

So yes, about double.
    12-15-18 09:42 AM
    The arguments continue about whether low-light performance is better or worse on the KEY² compared to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, but bokeh and 2x optical zoom are features ONLY available on the KEY².
    12-15-18 09:45 AM
    This is the only reason why I would consider a Key2 over my Keyone right now which is odd for me. I loved the 9900 keyboard.
    BadgerBoy77 likes this.
    12-15-18 10:33 AM
    This is the only reason why I would consider a Key2 over my Keyone right now which is odd for me. I loved the 9900 keyboard.
    I've had the 9900 years ago with Verizon. Maybe mistaken, it's been a while. I do remember the keyboard being "just right" for my big hands/fingers. The most recent BB phone I can recall (and still have) is the BB classic. The keyboard itself was very comfortable (imo) to pound out texts & emails all day. When comparing the keyboards on my keyone and classic, it's obvious to see that the classic has bigger keys. I believe the keyone has a shorter keyboard than the classic also.
    12-15-18 10:54 AM
    I'm in a similar place - I don't want to upgrade to the k2 if a k3 is round the corner. my contract runs out in May 2019 so hopefully have a better idea then...

is there any kind of predicted / anticipated k3 time frame?
    12-15-18 01:35 PM
    I'm in a similar place - I don't want to upgrade to the k2 if a k3 is round the corner. my contract runs out in May 2019 so hopefully have a better idea then...

is there any kind of predicted / anticipated k3 time frame?
    KEYone was announced in February, KEY2 was announced in June so KEY3 maybe in September?
    12-15-18 07:08 PM
    Key2 is better in almost every aspect except the display.. I've used both keyones(silver, black bronze,, liked black the most) and I'm currently on black key2.. The keyboard, sleek design, lightweight, more ram, faster processor. Of all the blackberries I've used in past 7 years,, key2 is by far the best one and my most loved one.
    12-15-18 07:14 PM
    Key2 is better in almost every aspect except the display...
    And the pathetic spacebar and swipe reliability
    OmarRushdi likes this.
    12-15-18 07:53 PM
    Key2 camera is worse than K1

Posted via CB10
    12-15-18 07:54 PM
    Key2 camera is worse than K1

Posted via CB10
    I keep reading this....puts me off
    12-15-18 11:54 PM
    KEYone was announced in February, KEY2 was announced in June so KEY3 maybe in September?
    Good point. Unfortunately for me I'm on prepaid. I've thought of switching to contract JUST to obtain the key 2 lmao. I did a little research and it looks like the k2 LE is pooh compared to the k1?
    12-16-18 02:07 AM
    And the pathetic spacebar and swipe reliability
    The k2 display is worse than the k1? Are you talking about the LE version?
    12-16-18 02:18 AM
30 12