Lol exactly Pinot!!!

My guess is the KEYone will be similar if not slightly better in my usage to my current 7 plus. Depending on my usage I can end a day with anywhere between 65% (only phone calls, text, email, web browsing) to 20% (hours of photos and video plus the calls, text, ....)

But I was curious if someone owned both because android and iOS are very different with power efficiency. Like others have stated android can drain a lot faster with the screen off than iOS, but then again I don't think I've had I device with android N on it so maybe that will help?

I'm not interested in carrying more than one phone in this day and age, I already carry a tablet and a phone but don't want to worry about charging which I don't have to with my 7 plus. I'm just not a huge iOS fan and would rather have a physical keyboard
    Quite certain you won't need to worry at all with the keyone.

But like I said, it takes one bad os update or a weird app to suddenly shave off 2-3 hours from your sot.

So the keyone seems to be getting around 7 hours or so sot ...it can easily be taken down to 5 from an android update.

Saw it happen before to other phones.

That's why I still say android is a sh*tty os that got lucky.

Have you used android before? Just because you get 7 sot one day doesn't mean you will get the same sot each day. It varies a lot and apps update very regularly and the cache builds up too.

You need to resort to doing things like clearing the cache or resetting the phone or using an app to find the battery culprit. It's insane how sh * tty android is as it relates to battery optimization.

Sometimes you'll notice the android system or Android os is killing your battery. Or apps like the FB Messenger need to be removed because they drain the battery.

It's crap like that, you'll need to be cognisant about because a good battery life at the beginning doesn't mean it will stay that way. This is android for you.
    05-20-17 08:35 PM
    Quite certain you won't need to worry at all with the keyone.

But like I said, it takes one bad os update or a weird app to suddenly shave off 2-3 hours from your sot.

So the keyone seems to be getting around 7 hours or so sot ...it can easily be taken down to 5 from an android update.

Saw it happen before to other phones.

That's why I still say android is a sh*tty os that got lucky.
    I feel the same way. I really wish bb10 and palm OS were still options instead of there just being 2!!!
    05-20-17 08:36 PM
    KEYone wins.
    I guess everybody went right by this post...

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    Xmeatizmurderx and howarmat like this.
    05-20-17 08:52 PM
    I guess everybody went right by this post...

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    That actually did it for me since I know he has both
    05-20-17 08:59 PM
    K1 wins in its category.
    05-20-17 10:34 PM
    Not my iPhone 6, after 12 noon its due for charging or risking loosing it before day's end!
    05-21-17 03:32 PM
    Like others have stated android can drain a lot faster with the screen off than iOS, but then again I don't think I've had I device with android N on it so maybe that will help?
    My Android with N drains idle at <1% per hour, if that helps. Doesn't sound like you have issues making it a day with your iPhone, which is all most would need. You should easily be able to do the same plus some on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

It's crap like that, you'll need to be cognisant about because a good battery life at the beginning doesn't mean it will stay that way. This is android for you.
    Seems more like Android for you. I know you'll defend it. You don't like Android, and that's ok. It's not for everybody. Reality is, if Android was the nightmare you portray, it wouldn't be so successful. We can find examples to support distaste for anything on a forum..
    See

Not my iPhone 6, after 12 noon its due for charging or risking loosing it before day's end!
    05-21-17 11:12 PM
    My Android with N drains idle at <1% per hour, if that helps. Doesn't sound like you have issues making it a day with your iPhone, which is all most would need. You should easily be able to do the same plus some on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

Seems more like Android for you. I know you'll defend it. You don't like Android, and that's ok. It's not for everybody. Reality is, if Android was the nightmare you portray, it wouldn't be so successful. We can find examples to support distaste for anything on a forum..
    See http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...G93bi5naWY.gif
    That's the iPhone 6 which by consensus has a poor battery life. I'm quite well versed already with regards to phones, hence why I'm on Cb a lot.

And no, it isn't android for me bro, a quick google search will show that it's android for a lot of people.

And please don't equate the market share with the strengths of the os. It got lucky and I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain why it was lucky.

Anyone with knowledge about the history of the smartphone industry can discern that for themselves.
    05-21-17 11:15 PM
    That's the iPhone 6 which by consensus has a poor battery life. I'm quite well versed already with regards to phones, hence why I'm on Cb a lot.

And no, it isn't android for me bro, a quick google search will show that it's android for a lot of people.

And please don't equate the market share with the strengths of the os. It got lucky and I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain why it was lucky.

Anyone with knowledge about the history of the smartphone industry can discern that for themselves.
    I don't want to wing this thread off topic. I answered the OP's question. There's plenty of evidence to support newer Androids having very good battery life.

You should post your "Android got lucky" story as a thread. I'd love to read it, as I'm sure many others would.

Edit - If you look at the full list battery comparison on phone arena, all the top performers are Android. Just sayin'
    05-21-17 11:21 PM

See http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...G93bi5naWY.gif
    Is that even logical?

There are android phones that last you a full day and some that last two days, but then there are ones that require people to charge throughout the day.

I don't have a personal hatred for Android. I use them as daily drivers.

But I'm objective and call out things as they are.

Battery optimization is one issue that is agreed upon by the android community, you can "choose to the defend" your view if you want but it won't change that fact.

Lots of users use android because that's pretty much their only choice other than I phones. And they think it's normal to have to charge the phone before their day is done. Ios users the same.

Yea, if there are endless articles or user threads about clearing your cache, resetting your phone, using apps to identify other apps that might drain your battery, or deleting Facebook, or turning off features etc just to get better battery life, that's idiotic to me and I'm not going to go around saying how great android is.

Android is good but it has big flaws. All OS's are the same.
    05-21-17 11:28 PM
    Thing about Android is that it largely depends on the company and device itself.

Nexus line actually worked wonders with Doze, it barely sipped 1% overnight from what I remember.

You also have a a wide range of phones with different size batteries with Android. So you can get a Moto RAZR Maxx for example.

IPhone heavily limits background processes so that reduces the amount of battery it sips and their processor is focused on single task performance, a by product of that is apps will not hit max CPU as often (since power usage is NOT linear to CPU utilization).

Those two combined keep iOS/iPhone/iPad power usage optimal.

With Android O, I think they mentioned they'll limit processes running in the background. I loathe seeing a rogue app I never opened at the top of the battery usage list ugh.
    05-22-17 06:39 AM
    Most Android phones with doze seem to do fairly well now. I find there's minimal drain if anything on standby which is pretty different from the past. They have come a long way in this department and continues to get better.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-22-17 08:00 AM
    Hi.
    Just to assure everyone... I have a 7 plus and now a keyone... Been using iPhones for a long time, had every unit since the original iphone... Have a macbook pro (2016) model and an imac... An airport drive... An Apple TV... The works... Well the keyone is such a good machine that i'm selling my wife's 6 plus so that she can stay with the 7 plus... My Apple watch was already sell... And why? Just because the keyone is ideal for what i do... A really hub / a really access point on the run... And an unit that never dies on me.... I stay a lot of time talking... Accessing Internet... Uploading and downloading files... And the unit simply does the job! A workaholic Phone... I Just miss the bb10 hub... And i'm really sorry they didn't place the camera... Processor memory and os into a passport like
    unit!
    Last edited by ptebaiao; 05-23-17 at 11:41 AM.
    05-22-17 01:54 PM
    I've started using the Doze app. Which shuts down apps when dormant. Not sure it's working though.
    05-22-17 02:46 PM
    I've started using the Doze app. Which shuts down apps when dormant. Not sure it's working though.
    Never used it myself, and can't imagine needing to with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    05-22-17 08:27 PM
    Hi.
    Just to assure everyone... I have a 7 plus and now a keyone... Been using iPhones for a long time, had every unit since the original iphone... Have a macbook pro (2016) model and an imac... An airport drive... An Apple TV... The works... Well the keyone is such a good machine that i'm selling my wife 6 plus so that she can stay with the 7 plus... My Apple watch was already sell... And why? Just because the keyone is ideal for what i do... A really hub / a really access point on the run... And an unit that never dies on me.... I stay a lot of time talking... Accessing Internet... Uploading and downloading files... And the unit simply does the job! A workaholic Phone... I Just miss the bb10 hub... And i'm really sorry they didn't place the camera... Processor memory and os into a passport like
    unit!
    Thank you so much. This gives me much more confidence switching!!! iPhone works good but doesn't feel business enough for me, KEYone takes the features I like and makes them better!!!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-22-17 09:06 PM
    Stop, you are talking about the 7 Plus battery being good. We aren't supposed to do that.
    It doesn't matter, whatever he gets out of the iphone he'll get more with the KEYone. Nobody is claiming the iPhone 7 Plus has "bad" battery life, just that the KEYone has better battery life...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-23-17 03:56 PM
    And why? Just because the keyone is ideal for what i do... A really hub / a really access point on the run... And an unit that never dies on me.... I stay a lot of time talking... Accessing Internet... Uploading and downloading files... And the unit simply does the job! A workaholic Phone... I Just miss the bb10 hub... And i'm really sorry they didn't place the camera... Processor memory and os into a passport like
    unit!
    Which is iPhone 7+ can also do.
    Just kidding.
    05-23-17 05:55 PM
    iPhone 7 plus is like my first son and Keyone will be my youngest son lol.
    Xmeatizmurderx likes this.
    05-23-17 06:16 PM
    iPhone 7 plus is like my first son and Keyone will be my youngest son lol.
    I bet the younger one out lives the older one. Just talking about phones :-)
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-23-17 09:17 PM
    I have both and in every day use the IP7+ is better. Not by much but edges it. Mostly iOS is better on idle e.g. I left my IP on my desk a few weeks back after taking it off of charge, spent most of the day in meetings with it left on my desk, when I returned around 6-7 hours later it was still on 100%!
    Xmeatizmurderx likes this.
    05-30-17 04:17 PM
    I have a 7 plus and I'm a heavy user. Usually need to top up by 6pm
    05-30-17 04:36 PM
    iPhone 7 with OEM battery case vs Blackberry KeyOne?

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 04:45 PM
    I have both and in every day use the IP7+ is better. Not by much but edges it. Mostly iOS is better on idle e.g. I left my IP on my desk a few weeks back after taking it off of charge, spent most of the day in meetings with it left on my desk, when I returned around 6-7 hours later it was still on 100%!
    Yeah mine stays at 100 for the first 3-5 hours of my day if I've only made a few calls/email/text on it. I'm an operations manager so I don't sit on my phone for hours on end on social apps and YouTube so I haven't had a problem getting through the day. I'm at 74% right now!!! Off the charger For 13 hours but only used for email/text/phone calls and maybe 1/2 hour of internet/social
    06-02-17 07:43 PM
    My friends who have the 7 plus are usually charging them by the end of the day. I still have 46% and I've got about 4 hours of SOT and been installing apps and using the camera, split screen multitasking, working on Word docs, email, etc. That's been about 14.5 hours since it's been on the charger and the phone claims about 12 more.

Either way, it's got a great run time.
    thekidshop likes this.
    06-02-17 08:26 PM
85 1234