For any novices out there you truly are wise to heed my advice of not using these data charts to base your decision.

You need to watch and read a ton of user reviews and then figure it out on your own.

No competition? I'm 100% certain they're comparable. They're basically both two day per charge type of phones, on average.
    I am definitely watching reviews and being cautious. I jumped on the priv right away before doing my research and was very disappointed
    05-20-17 11:47 AM
    For any novices out there you truly are wise to heed my advice of not using these data charts to base your decision.

You need to watch and read a ton of user reviews and then figure it out on your own.

No competition? I'm 100% certain they're comparable. They're basically both two day per charge type of phones, on average.

Taking into account the keyone has midrange chips etc for better battery life and the iPhone plus was made to be a high end device, you should be able to figure out which one gives you more as far as battery and performance goes.

Edit: oh wait, I forgot people will start chiming in with the keyone camera being better and the screen being equal to the iPhone 7 /s
    This is a thread about battery life being compared. This research compares any or all smart phones batteries all of which were tested the same way.
    Sometimes it's okay that iPhone 7 Plus does not win for once.
    In both cases it lost for battery and quick charge. It's okay. It really is.
    Regardless KEYone camera is still damn good! :-)
    Xmeatizmurderx and BigBadWulf like this.
    05-20-17 11:57 AM
    What marketing team?

Posted via Commodore 64
    05-20-17 11:59 AM

Taking into account the keyone has midrange chips etc for better battery life and the iPhone plus was made to be a high end device, you should be able to figure out which one gives you more as far as battery and performance goes.

Edit: oh wait, I forgot people will start chiming in with the keyone camera being better and the screen being equal to the iPhone 7 /s

I got no complaints on the 7 plus camera but like most things nowadays on phones a lot of the hardware is very similar. We are not talking about good vs bad, it's more like great vs slightly greater

Battery life however is a big deal for me and why I started this thread, if I have to go back to constantly monitoring my battery I will be very disappointed
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-20-17 12:14 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...20aecc8f84.jpg

I got no complaints on the 7 plus camera but like most things nowadays on phones a lot of the hardware is very similar. We are not talking about good vs bad, it's more like great vs slightly greater

Battery life however is a big deal for me and why I started this thread, if I have to go back to constantly monitoring my battery I will be very disappointed
    I entered the thread because someone started another baseless claim about a BlackBerry device.

Saying the keyone has amazing battery life and the iPhone 7 plus is not competitive is why I answered.

The keyone is one of the top devices for battery life and that's the consensus by all reviews, so if that is your main concern OP, don't worry you won't need to keep checking or worrying about it. The Keyone is a two day device as far as I can tell.

And no the cameras are not similar at all.
    05-20-17 12:24 PM
    I entered the thread because someone started another baseless claim about a BlackBerry device.

Saying the keyone has amazing battery life and the iPhone 7 plus is not competitive is why I answered.

The keyone is one of the top devices for battery life and that's the consensus by all reviews, so if that is your main concern OP, don't worry you won't need to keep checking or worrying about it. The Keyone is a two day device as far as I can tell.

I appreciate your input. and no I don't think the cameras will perform the same but that is for another discussion, I think there are pros and cons for both personally.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-20-17 12:26 PM

Nobody said 7 plus wasn't competitive but KEYone did out preform it by 25% and it has quick charge. No denying the data.
    05-20-17 01:13 PM
    Ok take it easy boys. Its still a moderate quality 4.5" screen with mid specs + a massive battery. a 600mah difference between 2 is also plenty.
    05-20-17 02:03 PM
    Ok take it easy boys. Its still a moderate quality 4.5" screen with mid specs + a massive battery. a 600mah difference between 2 is also plenty.
    The Keyone gives us choice. It's not just about spec comparison. Think car and SUV, my car is very fast but rubbish on rough country and roads. I remember seeing lots of people using classic Blackberry devices and also slate smartphones.
    05-20-17 02:10 PM
    The Keyone gives us choice. It's not just about spec comparison. Think car and SUV, my car is very fast but rubbish on rough country and roads. I remember seeing lots of people using classic Blackberry devices and also slate smartphones.
    Exactly but in this case this car/SUV lasts longest without filling up and also fills up in 1/4 the time. That is all this thread is about. Not how big your muffler is.
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 05-20-17 at 02:36 PM.
    Xmeatizmurderx likes this.
    05-20-17 02:25 PM
    KEYone wins.
    mithrazor likes this.
    05-20-17 03:10 PM
    I have no doubts the KEYone has better battery life. By all accounts it should. It has a smaller screen and much larger battery.

Where I would say ios wins with the 7 Plus is optimization. The 7 Plus battery is fantastic given its battery size and there is next to zero drop off when the phone is idle. I can easily go well into a second day without charging. With that being said, the KEYone is going to win here. If Apple ever put a larger battery in a phone they would kill the competition, but it would most likely come at the expense of thickness and weight, which Apple doesn't seem to want to compromise on.
    05-20-17 03:23 PM
    I have no doubts the KEYone has better battery life. By all accounts it should. It has a smaller screen and much larger battery.

Where I would say ios wins with the 7 Plus is optimization. The 7 Plus battery is fantastic given its battery size and there is next to zero drop off when the phone is idle. I can easily go well into a second day without charging. With that being said, the KEYone is going to win here. If Apple ever put a larger battery in a phone they would kill the competition, but it would most likely come at the expense of thickness and weight, which Apple doesn't seem to want to compromise on.
    KEYone won the battery competition. Regardless of any other specs. Fact remains that KEYone lasts 25% longer iPhone 7 Plus and charges 75% faster.
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Black...re-out_id93989
    05-20-17 04:11 PM
    KEYone won the battery competition. Regardless of any other specs. Fact remains that KEYone lasts 25% longer iPhone 7 Plus and charges 75% faster.
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Black...re-out_id93989
    Uh, I said I'm sure it does win. What about that didn't you get?
    05-20-17 04:17 PM
    Uh, I said I'm sure it does win. What about that didn't you get?
    The continued defence of iPhone 7 Plus and trying to make it seem the results were closer than they actually were. This data is black and white but you saw grey by saying "I'm sure" like you don't really believe it.
    My pixel goes into day two as well but I can also charge it fast anytime.

Regardless, it's funny all the defensiveness of iPhone 7 Plus on a BlackBerry KEYone forum about battery life.. It's obvious that some iPhone users hate losing even one little spec battle.
    Besides battery these phones should not be compared anyway.
    05-20-17 04:33 PM
    The continued defence of iPhone 7 Plus and trying to make it seem the results were closer than they actually were. This data is black and white but you saw grey by saying "I'm sure" like you don't really believe it.
    My pixel goes into day two as well but I can also charge it fast anytime.

Regardless, it's funny all the defensiveness of iPhone 7 Plus on a BlackBerry KEYone forum about battery life.. It's obvious that some iPhone users hate losing even one little spec battle.
    Besides battery these phones should not be compared anyway.
    Lol, dude, take a breath. The title of the thread is about the iPhone 7 Plus. Like it or not, the iPhone 7 Plus gets great battery life. The KEYone's is better. Not stop acting like someone is assaulting one of your family members and realize that this thread is in regards to comparing the two. How can you compare the two without giving real world examples of the phones that are being compared? I'm saying "I'm sure" because I don't own a KEYone and haven't compared the two myself.

People are stating that the 7 Plus has great battery life. It does, and I'm sure the KEYone is better. Now take a pill and relax.
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-20-17 05:06 PM
    Lol, dude, take a breath. The title of the thread is about the iPhone 7 Plus. Like it or not, the iPhone 7 Plus gets great battery life. The KEYone's is better. Not stop acting like someone is assaulting one of your family members and realize that this thread is in regards to comparing the two. How can you compare the two without giving real world examples of the phones that are being compared? I'm saying "I'm sure" because I don't own a KEYone and haven't compared the two myself.

People are stating that the 7 Plus has great battery life. It does, and I'm sure the KEYone is better. Now take a pill and relax.
    "Dude", aren't you pleasant with your comments toward me.
    Just stating documented real world facts that KEYone battery lasts longer and charges faster than 7 Plus. I'm not saying 7 Plus does not have great battery life and NEVER have. (Show me where?) I'm sure it does have a great battery life! So as you said, you will not completely accept this research as you have not done your own " real world" test. Fair enough.
    7 plus has a great battery. Better now?
    05-20-17 05:30 PM
    05-20-17 05:53 PM
    My 7 Plus easily lasts two to three days of my usage. Just work related stuff, communications, and some light social media usage. I'll charge Thursday night, then go all day Friday, Saturday, and then charge Sunday at around 30-40% before bed, for work Monday.

I don't game on my phone. I don't watch Netflix or much YouTube on my phone. I'll stream music on the car ride to and from work, and the rest of the time it is phone calls, emails, various messaging, navigation when needed, banking/financials, note taking, shopping and the occasional food or drink order through apps, some light web surfing, and document collaboration reviewing editing and creating.
    05-20-17 06:06 PM
    My 7 Plus easily lasts two to three days of my usage. Just work related stuff, communications, and some light social media usage. I'll charge Thursday night, then go all day Friday, Saturday, and then charge Sunday at around 30-40% before bed, for work Monday.

I don't game on my phone. I don't watch Netflix or much YouTube on my phone. I'll stream music on the car ride to and from work, and the rest of the time it is phone calls, emails, various messaging, navigation when needed, banking/financials, note taking, shopping and the occasional food or drink order through apps, some light web surfing, and document collaboration reviewing editing and creating.
    Stop, you are talking about the 7 Plus battery being good. We aren't supposed to do that.
    05-20-17 06:15 PM
    Its difficult to compare battery life on 2 devices with completely different screen sizes, when the screen is one of the largest users of the battery. Doesn't make much sense to me.
    Sounds like they both get excellent battery life though.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    05-20-17 06:17 PM
    "Dude", aren't you pleasant with your comments toward me.
    Just stating documented real world facts that KEYone battery lasts longer and charges faster than 7 Plus. I'm not saying 7 Plus does not have great battery life and NEVER have. (Show me where?) I'm sure it does have a great battery life! So as you said, you will not completely accept this research as you have not done your own " real world" test. Fair enough.
    7 plus has a great battery. Better now?
    I already quoted you saying "it's not even close"

In fact I would say it must be close. I haven't heard of people going three days on one charge yet on any mainstream phone regardless of manufacturer.

So I'm using logic to assume a good battery life equates to safely going two days on a single charge where you are able to email, text, use data, call, etc or use the phone however you use it.

As far as I can tell, the keyone achieves this more or less with ease. But I recently learned so did the moto z play, and I also learned to my surprise the iPhone 7 plus does as well.

Given that the 7 plus has a 2900mah I always assumed it would have poor battery life but even within this thread there are users who say they go two days easily....

Did the keyone win ? Obviously it did. I wouldn't characterize this as "not even close" though. Even at 25% longer in the TESTS, as someone who uses smartphones you should know it doesn't quite equate to real life.

Also as a reminder to all the fanboys, just in case you're new to android, all it takes is one bad update or a bad app and your two day battery life becomes one day. Hopefully that doesn't happen to the KEYone but theoretically and historical experience considered, it certainly can.
    05-20-17 06:41 PM
    I already quoted you saying "it's not even close"

In fact I would say it must be close. I haven't heard of people going three days on one charge yet on any mainstream phone regardless of manufacturer.

So I'm using logic to assume a good battery life equates to safely going two days on a single charge where you are able to email, text, use data, call, etc or use the phone however you use it.

As far as I can tell, the keyone achieves this more or less with ease. But I recently learned so did the moto z play, and I also learned to my surprise the iPhone 7 plus does as well.

Given that the 7 plus has a 2900mah I always assumed it would have poor battery life but even within this thread there are users who say they go two days easily....

Did the keyone win ? Obviously it did. I wouldn't characterize this as "not even close" though. Even at 25% longer in the TESTS, as someone who uses smartphones you should know it doesn't quite equate to real life.

Also as a reminder to all the fanboys, just in case you're new to android, all it takes is one bad update or a bad app and your two day battery life becomes one day. Hopefully that doesn't happen to the KEYone but theoretically and historical experience considered, it certainly can.
    Was quoting "donnation" not yourself

All good everyone. These are all first world problems we seem to have. We are all fortunate to even argue over stuff like this.
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 05-20-17 at 07:46 PM.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-20-17 06:52 PM
    Lol exactly Pinot!!!

My guess is the KEYone will be similar if not slightly better in my usage to my current 7 plus. Depending on my usage I can end a day with anywhere between 65% (only phone calls, text, email, web browsing) to 20% (hours of photos and video plus the calls, text, ....)

But I was curious if someone owned both because android and iOS are very different with power efficiency. Like others have stated android can drain a lot faster with the screen off than iOS, but then again I don't think I've had I device with android N on it so maybe that will help?

I'm not interested in carrying more than one phone in this day and age, I already carry a tablet and a phone but don't want to worry about charging which I don't have to with my 7 plus. I'm just not a huge iOS fan and would rather have a physical keyboard
    05-20-17 07:30 PM
    Was quoting "donnation" not yourself

All good everyone. These are all first world problems we seem to have. We are all fortunate to even argue over stuff like this.
    Damn that is so poignant ! First world problems indeed loll
    05-20-17 08:30 PM
85 1234