Has anyone moved from a classic to the keyone.? Any thoughts on the keyboard experience?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-18 02:31 AM
    I cannot speak highly enough about the KeyOne keyboard - personally I think it is the best BlackBerry keyboard yet! I actually prefer to write on my KeyOne, my thumbs a blizzard of activity, than I do on my laptop! the feel of the keys are beautiful and the shortcuts are a blast!
    FF22 likes this.
    01-13-18 02:35 AM
    Can't agree with the preference over the laptop keyboard part but yes, the keyboard on the KeyOne is superb!
    01-13-18 02:49 AM
    I have a Classic and a K1 and for me the Classic's KB is way better. The keys shape help me to write faster, is bigger and the "touch" of the keys is really nice.
    K1 KB is good too and the fingerprint reader in the space bar is great, but it is cramped compared to Classic's, so I have to get used to it cause right now I don't feel as comfortable.
    01-13-18 02:54 AM
    I have used both and like them all. When I was on Classic, it felt pretty natural when coming from Bold 9900. But then I got into Passport and nothing looked good after getting used to it.

Keyboard and screen combo is the BEST on Passport IMO.
    The flicking on the keyboard became a second nature. After that using Classic's keyboard felt dead and boring.

Keyone's keyboard takes goods from both of the worlds. It's not as touch sensitive as Passport (which I loved) but it's not bad either. It's certainly better than the Classic.

ps: I'm not comparing anything else as it's mainly the keyboard between the two we have in the context.
    Qorax and TravoPC like this.
    01-13-18 03:25 AM
    i've used Bold 9000, 9900, Passport and Classic. I'm now on both a Passport SE and KeyONE.
    I prefer the KeyONE. It took me some time to get used to the glossy/slippery keys, and it is more narrow than the Passport.
    Compared to the Classic, I find that the KeyONE offers me just a bit more room and I don't hit the toolbar by accident. The touch capacity also saves an enormous amount of time. And the fingerprint scanner in the spacebar is phenomenal.
    But, for the record, in terms of direct input, ergonomics, nothing beats the 9900 and I fear nothing ever will...
    minttea1 likes this.
    01-13-18 03:53 AM
    Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. Seems like most people quite like the keyboard on the KeyOne. Will try to check one out at a store this weekend before potentially buying it.

Have to say my favourite typing experience was on the 9900. What a brilliant phone.

Also owned the Passport, Q10, bold 2 and 8520 and really liked the typing experience on the passport.

Currently using a classic which is not bad. At least didn't have any issues with double typing like the q10

Posted via CB10
    01-13-18 04:28 AM
    I have used both and like them all. When I was on Classic, it felt pretty natural when coming from Bold 9900. But then I got into Passport and nothing looked good after getting used to it.

Keyboard and screen combo is the BEST on Passport IMOi
    Agreed. I really miss that combo. Especially the smoothness while swipping on Passport. When typing on my K1 sometimes I have to swipe up 3 - 4 times for a word to be selected. K1's swiping is not as good as passport's for me.
    01-13-18 04:47 AM
    Coming from a Classic:

- Classic too clicky for me, too much strength needed
    -EDIT: Black Edition K1 nice, not too soft. Keys/rows could be taller, like Classic and more free space below the keys, would be better for balance.
    Last edited by Chris_R; 01-13-18 at 10:56 AM.
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    01-13-18 05:49 AM
    Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. Seems like most people quite like the keyboard on the KeyOne. Will try to check one out at a store this weekend before potentially buying it.

Have to say my favourite typing experience was on the 9900. What a brilliant phone.

Also owned the Passport, Q10, bold 2 and 8520 and really liked the typing experience on the passport.

Currently using a classic which is not bad. At least didn't have any issues with double typing like the q10

Posted via CB10
    I've had all of them and KEYone seems to be ideal mashup because it offers more screen. Device overall has similar dimensions to my PRIV or DTEK so it still fits into front pocket of pants or shorts.
    01-13-18 06:25 AM
    Ihave both. I think the classic is a betterr keyboard, but not by much. Keyone pkb is quite good.
    01-13-18 08:46 AM
    Without a doubt, I like the Classic KB better. Was perfect in every way. The KO is good too but the keys being slightly smaller than the Classic is wut got me. Had to readjust for that, I prefer the slightly bigger keys on the Classic.
    01-13-18 08:56 AM
    Without a doubt, I like the Classic KB better. Was perfect in every way. The KO is good too but the keys being slightly smaller than the Classic is wut got me. Had to readjust for that, I prefer the slightly bigger keys on the Classic.
    The Classic keys are bigger, however, what do you think sells more devices, larger keys or larger screen?
    01-13-18 01:16 PM
    I agree. I prefer the bigger keys on the Classic and Passport over the KEYᵒⁿᵉ keys.
    01-13-18 01:18 PM
    Has anyone moved from a classic to the keyone.? Any thoughts on the keyboard experience?

Posted via CB10
    I liked the blackberry classic keyboard when I had one and at the time it was the best keyboard. But since moving to the Keyone this is the best PKB I've ever owned. Classic was a great device though. I will always prefer BB10 over and OS. It's sad it's coming to and end.
    01-13-18 01:53 PM
    Not sure how you find the Keyone more cramped than the classic. I feel the direct opposite is true
    01-13-18 01:54 PM
    Hello,

Coming from touch, bold and Classic (last one is always in activity) ...

I have a little preference for the Classic keyboard ... which is a little bigger and I love the clic clic sound .... (maybe the nostalgia of old IBM keyboard and BlackBerry Keyboard) ... seems stupid but the clic clic is for my brain the guarantee that I typed well the key

Keyone keyboard is good too ... but slightly too quiet so sometimes some letters are missing in words

Kr,
    Moo
    01-13-18 02:00 PM
    The Classic keys are bigger, however, what do you think sells more devices, larger keys or larger screen?
    I really hadn't put much thought into sales cuz that wasn't the OP's question, lol.
    01-13-18 03:30 PM
    I really hadn't put much thought into sales cuz that wasn't the OP's question, lol.
    I agree with you on key size. BBMo knows we'd like bigger keys. Just not an option was my point. If looking to buy new device, as OP seems to be, I was just saying, keys are still usable over being stuck on classic. Some people are really nervous about buying new device, and want reassurance.
    01-13-18 03:40 PM
    I agree with you on key size. BBMo knows we'd like bigger keys. Just not an option was my point. If looking to buy new device, as OP seems to be, I was just saying, keys are still usable over being stuck on classic. Some people are really nervous about buying new device, and want reassurance. The conversation had evolved.
    01-13-18 03:45 PM
    Since the topic is key size screen size is irrelevant. However bigger screen and bigger key size are not mutually exclusive. There can be both. Since I bought the Passport and the KEYᵒⁿᵉ because both have a pkb it is the keyboard that is my primary interest, not screen size.
    01-14-18 07:13 AM
    For the KEYtwo to have bigger keys, it would need to be larger to about Priv' width, but then the screen would also need to be taller to keep the 3:2 ratio. Basically, it would end up being a KEYone XL. Everything scaled up proportionally.
    01-14-18 07:41 AM
    I have both and Classic I feel is better. I love Blackberry's and have had about 8 so far. the keyone is not a BlackBerry as far as I am concerned. its just another android with a keyboard and BlackBerry branding.
    im surprised noone has actually said that (from what ive seen) the keyboards functionality is greatly reduced not being coupled with a BBOS.... too much to go through, but I cant be bothered. those true BlackBerry fans know what I mean
    01-14-18 08:12 AM
    For the KEYtwo to have bigger keys, it would need to be larger to about Priv' width, but then the screen would also need to be taller to keep the 3:2 ratio. Basically, it would end up being a KEYone XL. Everything scaled up proportionally.
    The keys could be made longer without making the screen bigger width or length wise, less "chin". Longer keys could make typing easier and might improve the swiping up of words.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 01-14-18 at 11:20 AM.
    01-14-18 08:14 AM
    That's what I'm saying. I'm not sure of the actual dimensions but it would larger than most 5.5 VKB phones, no?
    01-14-18 08:32 AM
50 12