Blackberry Classic is arguably the best keyboard ever seen on any smartphone. Yes i said any because virtual keyboards are kinda all the same and second to PKB. Passport is great but 3 rows + too much travel space for average hands. Priv is great but that clicky feedback is missing and the keys are all too flat to really enjoy. I know the Bold 9900's and the 9700's have zero fault when it comes to the keyboard but everyone swears that the classic is even better. Now just by looking at the classic, its keys looked a lil too perfect to me. Looking at both side by side, can the KEYone possible compare favourably? Is it as good or nearly as good?KEYone Vs Classic Keyboard-screen-shot-2017-03-18-6.49.51-am.jpg KEYone Vs Classic Keyboard-screen-shot-2017-03-18-6.49.11-am.jpg
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 03-18-17 at 07:22 PM. Reason: KEYone
    03-18-17 01:00 AM
    Hm, I still don't think that the Classic's pkb is the best ever. Too much clickiness, too much pressing needed. Rather 9900 and 9700, or even the Q10. So, any to his liking. But am very keen on trying out the K1s pkb.

Posted via CB10
    th.1977 and super_rigel like this.
    03-18-17 01:11 AM
    The 9780 I had was the most stiff KB I ever experienced. I swear that after a 4 hour intense session of BBM to my GF back in the day, my thumbs felt like they were lifting weights!!!! Too stiff.

My 9790 was nice, smooth as butter but NOT CLICKY enough for feedback and feeling like you actually pressed the key down enough to enter the letter. Still a good KB tho. I would have kept it if it didn't die after 4 months.

The 9900 is the perfect balance and also the model that the Classic tried to imitate, and imitation is the most sincere form of flattery It had 10 years of innovation to get it right. The perfect amount of "clickiness" with a nice wide body and NO long term typing fatigue whatsoever. Just relaxed and fast typing that is fun and you actually look foreward to using for the long haul.

Here is to hoping the K1's KB is like the 99's.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 03-18-17 at 03:43 AM.
    anon(9710735) and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-18-17 03:30 AM
    Can't say I share the same opinion of the 9780 .

I thought it was a great typing experience. Probably my favourite for one handed use (I've had the 9000, torch and currently the classic for BlackBerry pkb devices)

I'm a fan of the clickiness while I found the Q10 'mushy'.

The torch stiffness and the lack of travel made it my least favourite typing experience but it's form factor made up for (as I love sliders).

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 05:20 AM
    I'd like to think the KEYone will be up there judging by devices like the passport and more specifically the classic. I don't think the slightly shorter (height) button is going to impact it. The device is thinner with a bigger battery but I reckon there will be decent travel and not mushy or stiff as it won't need to slide under anything.

I like the 9700/9780 typing experience because it was a such a great one-handed device.
    The classic at least for me is just that little bit wider but the trackpad made it easier to use but I wouldn't be smashing out messages as quick due to the reach unless I used it two-handed. Can't fault the feel and clickiness.

Judging by those who have used the KEYone it's not going to disappoint if you are coming from the classic or an older device like the 9900. I have never used the 9900 but those who have swear by the experience

The BlackBerry VKB on my z10 was decent. The combination first brought over by the passport gives us the best of both worlds (flick and swiping of words)

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 05:29 AM
    I always thought the point of the the keyboard was two handed typing. The passport keyboard is perfect for this. If there is any downside, it's pressing a bit more. But I am used to it after coming back to black about 3 weeks ago. Let's hope the KEYone satisfies everyone's needs.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 06:44 AM
    The torch stiffness and the lack of travel made it my least favourite typing experience but it's form factor made up for (as I love sliders).
    I agree!! I loved the Torch sliders... Don't know why, but did!!

I liked the 9900, Q10 and Classic PKBs... All really good for typing experiences... I agree with what others have said on here to... Trying to rank the PKBs is a tough one...

Think the 9900 is up there definitely, but did enjoy the Q10 and classic ones as well!! Hopefully the KEYone will offer this level of typing experiences...

I didn't like the Priv PKB at all... Not going to lie, it wasn't for me!! I diked the Passport one, albeit a little too bug for my smaller hands!
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-18-17 07:11 AM
    I agree!! I loved the Torch sliders... Don't know why, but did!!

I liked the 9900, Q10 and Classic PKBs... All really good for typing experiences... I agree with what others have said on here to... Trying to rank the PKBs is a tough one...

Think the 9900 is up there definitely, but did enjoy the Q10 and classic ones as well!! Hopefully the KEYone will offer this level of typing experiences...

I didn't like the Priv PKB at all... Not going to lie, it wasn't for me!! I diked the Passport one, albeit a little too bug for my smaller hands!
    Here's how I rank the keyboards
    #1 0 Torch
    #9 PRIV
    #8 9720
    #7 Curves
    #6 Q5
    #5 Passport
    #4 Bold 9000 9700 9650 and Tour
    #3 Q10
    #2 Bold 9900
    #1 Classic

anything below the 10 is the early BlackBerry phones did not like those keyboards compared to what we have now and VKB which have always been worse compared to a PKB I have yet to rank the KEYone cause I have not tried it yet but I think it will be in the top 5.
    Last edited by Lincoln Allen; 03-18-17 at 10:08 AM.
    Pez1983 and henry007 like this.
    03-18-17 07:41 AM
    Those keys are surprisingly less tall than the Classic.

Seeing this, I hope the final K1 product has stout bumps for better key location feel.
    03-18-17 08:08 AM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Blackberry Classic is arguably the best keyboard ever seen on any smartphone. Yes i said any because virtual keyboards are kinda all the same and second to PKB. Passport is great but 3 rows + too much travel space for average hands. Priv is great but that clicky feedback is missing and the keys are all too flat to really enjoy. I know the Bold 9900's and the 9700's have zero fault when it comes to the keyboard but everyone swears that the classic is even better. Now just by looking at the classic, its keys looked a lil too perfect to me. Looking at both side by side, can the KEYone possible compare favourably? Is it as good or nearly as good?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 6.49.51 AM.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	419644 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 6.49.11 AM.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	419645

Can Admin fix header to KEYone***
    Had the Classic..personally didn't like it.. BUT if u love that keyboard then you will be thrilled with KEYone.

Posted via CB10
    Baritone Astoria likes this.
    03-18-17 08:10 AM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I would say:

1. Passport
    2. Bold 9900
    3. KEYONE?
    4. Curve.....

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 08:14 AM
    #1 0 Torch
    #9 PRIV
    #8 9720
    #7 Curves
    #6 Q5
    #5 Passport
    #3 Q10
    #2 Bold 9900
    #1 Classic

anything below the 10 is the early BlackBerry phones did not like those keyboards compared to what we have now and VKB which have always been worse compared to a PKB
    This list is pretty accurate....when you switch #9 and #10
    03-18-17 08:55 AM
    I'm a fan of the clickiness while I found the Q10 'mushy'.
    This is true.

My Q10 lacked the stiff, clicky feel of the best keyboards when I got it. I fixed it by putting three layers of black tape on the back of the keyboard inside the battery compartment. The keyboard wasn't supported properly from behind, but once the gap between the keyboard and battery is removed, it's great.

Mine's had the fix in place for over two years now, with no ill effects on either the keyboard or the battery.

In fact, I'm of the opinion that a lot of double typing is caused by keyboard flex / bounce, which is the result of sloppy tolerances. My theory is that all that flexing dislodges the mechanical discs under the membrane.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    03-18-17 09:24 AM
    I know that VKB gets panned, but the BB10 keyboard with swipe suggestions should be on the list. Definitely above a Priv, at least. VKB are not all the same. I also will put up pros for the Passport keyboard. It took me a couple months to figure out how to hold it and build up strength in my thumbs due to the travel distance, but it love the keyboard. (Maybe the Passport name comes from the fact that your thumbs have to travel so much, they should pack a passport ;-)

One question from the CBK video, KEYone looks to have shorter keys that the classic/Q10, although the same width. Can anyone comment on that. Not quite the same, but I had a 9700 and went to a 9790 and it drove me crazy that those keys were so small. Coming from the Passport, I'm concerned that I won't be able to hit the smaller keys.
    03-18-17 09:35 AM
    This list is pretty accurate....when you switch #9 and #10
    well I have worked with both Torch and Priv and the Torch's keyboard was great compared to Palm's keyboards or Motorola or Apples VKB but it was still small and difficult to type on
    03-18-17 10:05 AM
    #1 0 Torch
    #9 PRIV
    #8 9720
    #7 Curves
    #6 Q5
    #5 Passport
    #3 Q10
    #2 Bold 9900
    #1 Classic

anything below the 10 is the early BlackBerry phones did not like those keyboards compared to what we have now and VKB which have always been worse compared to a PKB
    I don't know where I would rank the KEYone because I have yet to try it but think it will be somewhere in the top 5
    03-18-17 10:07 AM
    There is a review that touches on the keyboard, apparently it's better than previous BB especially when compared with Priv and Passport.

Seems not much of an effort, but maybe someone who has tried it can comment.
    03-18-17 11:10 AM
    I had the chance to test the KeyOne during 3 minutes or so last week and I must say that coming from Passport and Classic the K1 keyboard is not bad at all, but for me is behind those devices' keyboards. But this is just my opinion.
    The device is amazingly well built and the software works really smooth although keyboard gestures didn't work very well for me (on Passport they work far better), but I think they can fix it by software. Or maybe I'm just not used to the new keyboard.
    What I really didn't like is the transparent keys, for me they are not as elegant as the rest of the phone 😁
    It's a pity that I couldn't take some pictures or videos, but definitely this phone is a must have for any BB fan if you have enough budget.
    03-18-17 11:55 AM
    I had the chance to test the KeyOne during 3 minutes or so last week and I must say that coming from Passport and Classic the K1 keyboard is not bad at all, but for me is behind those devices' keyboards. But this is just my opinion.
    The device is amazingly well built and the software works really smooth although keyboard gestures didn't work very well for me (on Passport they work far better), but I think they can fix it by software. Or maybe I'm just not used to the new keyboard.
    What I really didn't like is the transparent keys, for me they are not as elegant as the rest of the phone 😁
    It's a pity that I couldn't take some pictures or videos, but definitely this phone is a must have for any BB fan if you have enough budget.
    Well what I'll say to the op and topic is this.. every response here basically answers your question.

Everyone has a different take on what suits them best thus, what keyboard is best is way too relative. As such, the KEYone keyboard will remain its own unique keyboard.

Word on the street is that it's a lovely keyboard so I'll accept it for what it delivers.

Bottom line is you'd never get an answer. Just opinions.
    henry007 likes this.
    03-18-17 12:09 PM
    Now that the KEYone is widely available, are they any people here that can provide some user experiences on the Classic's vs the KEYone's keyboards?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 11:24 AM
    Coming from the 9900 which I could type on effortlessly I've no quarrels with the KEYOne keyboard. It's just as usable.

Comparing which is better is a bit tit for tat as I can type and message pretty much just as good on the KeyOne as I could on my 9900
    06-01-17 11:32 AM
    Having used both, the keyboard on the Classic is, in my opinion, much better than the one on the KEYone. Still, KEYone is infinitely better than the Priv and the Classic is no longer being supported.
    06-01-17 12:13 PM
    I preferred the Classic's keyboard over pretty much any other keyboard. I like my KeyONE as well.
    Roadie29 likes this.
    06-02-17 07:41 PM
    As someone who doesn't stick to the left-hand-left-side-keyboard-right-hand-right-side-keyboard rule, I prefer the keyboard of the KEYone. Also, the flat keys make it easier to use the touch features of the keyboard, e.g. for scrolling.
    06-03-17 07:18 AM
    I prefer k1 to classic actually. really is an opinion only aside of what we all can agree are ones that werent successful.

My all time favorit was the 9780...but like another member said, joint pains come early.
    06-03-17 07:26 AM
26 12