Am I the only one who doesn't find the Priv slow? I'm bring forced to upgrade because of a broken screen and I'm gonna miss this thing. Also love that it still works with a cracked screen unlike my Z10
    08-14-17 01:30 AM
    Mine is truly like molasses and crashes constantly (BlackBerry Launcher) due to what seems to be memory mismanagement. however, keep in mind I have over 170+ apps installed and use just about all of them.
    08-14-17 11:02 PM
    Glad you're enjoying your KEYone
    08-15-17 12:59 AM
    Am I the only one who doesn't find the Priv slow? I'm bring forced to upgrade because of a broken screen and I'm gonna miss this thing. Also love that it still works with a cracked screen unlike my Z10
    My Priv is consistently fine for the first three months of so after a hard reset. After that, it becomes bogged down. Apps crash, or simply don't work. No GPS functionality at all is a deal breaker...

Regardless, it chews through battery in less than half the time of the K1.
    08-15-17 10:44 PM
    My Priv is consistently fine for the first three months of so after a hard reset. After that, it becomes bogged down. Apps crash, or simply don't work. No GPS functionality at all is a deal breaker...

Regardless, it chews through battery in less than half the time of the K1.
    The battery is the only issue I've had but it still lasts all day. Starts flashing just before bed and I charge overnight.
    08-15-17 10:46 PM
    The battery is the only issue I've had but it still lasts all day. Starts flashing just before bed and I charge overnight.
    Maybe I'm a bit hard on my devices, but I could barely push the Priv to three hours SOT on a good day. The K1 manages 4+ hours of SOT before even getting into low battery territory.
    TLW1986 and willyq711 like this.
    08-15-17 10:49 PM
    overall unscientifically I have the impression the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is faster than the Priv and just about every respect. I don't notice tremendous overheating. The battery seems longer-lasting. The battery seems faster charging. Downloads and installation of apps from the Google Play Store definitely faster.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    08-15-17 10:57 PM
    The K1 is better, in every aspect than the Priv. Starting with beauty.
    08-16-17 04:13 AM
    That's great to hear guys bc I plan on the Black Edition with the extra Gig of RAM and 64g of storage (AND Dual SIM!). I'm not taking any chances with the same specs as my PRIV, even if the KeyOne is obviously faster. my PRIV at current is almost unusable at times throughout my day, to the point whereby it's literally affecting my work.
    08-16-17 10:39 PM
    Battery life on an S8+ is a disaster!! Google Pixel XL or K1 are on par. Slight advantage for the K1.
    Thats why my S7 sits in the draw. Crazy specs mean nothing to me when my phone is at 15% by noon. Had to charge it 3 times a day. This keyone, after hammering it all day long, will still have 30% left at 1am. The sot I've hit close to 8 hours some days . This phone is awesome imo.
    FF22 and JOHNGAETANO like this.
    08-16-17 10:54 PM
    BTW is it me or everyone has most of their RAM full.
    Mine just states 190 MB free on average in the last 3 hours.

Wondering what's filling it up.
    Same!!!
    08-17-17 03:35 AM
    Same!!!
    It has improved a lot after July update.
    Also I uninstalled Snapchat from my KEYᵒⁿᵉ. I didn't realise how much impact it had one the phone RAM eventually.

If you want to monitor RAM, you need to enable Developer's Options and then check Running Services.

This is my current available RAM after 96 hours without reboot.
    08-17-17 03:59 AM
    I'm really happy with my K1 so far. I'm coming from a Galaxy Note 7, which is obviously a higher end phone, but this actually seems to out-perform both it and my Note 5 in real world use in most situations. Both of those phones lagged a lot, and slowed down all the time. I'd often have issues just scrolling down a page in Chrome or Youtube because they lagged so much, even straight out of the box with very few apps installed.

This phone runs consistently well, and comes with the bonus of a decreased risk of randomly setting on fire while charging at night. My only problem is that you REALLY feel the loss of that extra gig of ram. 3gb just isn't enough these days, and this phone is a little bit too aggressive with killing apps. I like to keep Pokemon Go running in the background while watching YouTube or some other video app, but this phone tends to kill Pokemon every 15 minutes or so. It is kind of annoying to have to keep it in split screen to force the phone not to kill the process. Otherwise, I'm really loving this thing. The convenience key for pulling up my flashlight is phenomenal, too.
    willyq711 likes this.
    08-17-17 04:54 AM
    It has improved a lot after July update.
    Also I uninstalled Snapchat from my KEYᵒⁿᵉ. I didn't realise how much impact it had one the phone RAM eventually.

If you want to monitor RAM, you need to enable Developer's Options and then check Running Services.

This is my current available RAM after 96 hours without reboot.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0e87662d14.jpg
    My shameful use...
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone is VERY fast.-119303.jpg  
    08-17-17 09:20 AM
    My shameful use...
    I use my phone quite heavily, specially when I'm working from home. I'm clocking around 7 hours of Screen on time. Main (daily) apps I use are, Android for Work (so all Google suite, hangouts, docs etc), Whatsapp, Telegram, Twitter, Android Pay, YouTube, 5 email addresses in Hub and Tapatalk Pro.

My not so main apps are Play Music, Spotify, Some word Games, Geometry Dash, Instagram, eBay, Banking apps, Foxtel etc. I have got a total of 164 apps on my phone.

I don't play heavy games. The most I have is Minecraft and GTA Liberty Stories that I hardly play. Other than that the phone isn't that low on memory.

I don't think my usage is any less IMO. I don't do Facebook and Snapchat (for now).

What's your build? Mine is AAM481.

EDIT: another thing, I do clear items from recent apps. So at most I'd have not more than 6. If I'm not intending to use an app, I clear it manually.
    08-17-17 09:32 AM
    I have build AAN335 on my T-Mo Network PRIV.

I am running 172 apps. I use my phone in the field starting from around 7am at home office, then all over the place around town from 9am to evening hours with the exception of my workout/training times (Mon-Sat). I don't have any games installed, not even Facebook, Snapchat or Viber.

I also am constantly monitoring and closing recent apps, keeping it to less than 4 or 6 at any given time. I already turned off animations from Developer menu and trying to reduce the resolution from a shell screen. I can alter resolution (I think) but not the density as permissions won't allow. I do have multiple BlackBerry Launcher crashes throughout the day that seems to be due to memory mismanagement. I use PicArt to modify pix for Work and other uses, and yesterday it was so slow it would take around 15-30 seconds at a time just to switch screens (at times going black). I reboot my phone every morning and use a little simple app called CCelaner to clear my cache throughout the day. And yes, I've carefully checked and monitored it to ensure that it is not taking up any background resources as most of these types of apps do..... They actually make the phone's performance worse. I've also removed use permissions from many of the apps, and even background running permissions over cel for some.

Hence..... Need my Black Ed. Keyone.
    Last edited by willyq711; 08-19-17 at 01:51 PM.
    08-19-17 09:08 AM
    Agree, crazy specs, average battery life and a screen you can't see outdoors is worthless to me in the business world. Not to mention false touches on a curved screen.
    08-19-17 09:23 AM
    The K1 is better, in every aspect than the Priv. Starting with beauty.
    Does that include better in the screen falling off/out as well?
    08-19-17 01:03 PM
    Compared to a Pixel or S8 it is pretty slow and hangs sometimes. Especially when changing programs over the task manager, scrolling and so on.
    That doesn't make it a bad phone but it is not up to speed to other devices. Lots of things to love about on that phone.
    And yes I own all devices myself. So this is first hand experience.
    Buzz Kill

Posted via CB10
    08-19-17 02:41 PM
    Beats my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Tab S to shame.
    08-19-17 03:08 PM
    Does that include better in the screen falling off/out as well?
    No it doesn't. Forgot to mention shattering glass on the other.
    08-19-17 03:14 PM
    Here's my screen again in comparison... I'll follow up this reply with one from a similar conversation we're having on a mother thread....Attachment 428859Attachment 428859
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone is VERY fast.-118069.jpg  
    08-20-17 11:14 AM
    Here's a post from another thread comparing PRIV's and KeyOne's. My experience with the PRIV's performance is the reason for my questioning that of the KeyOne, especially with similar specs.

--------------------

Nougat will be delivered by a leprechaun riding a unicorn sliding down a rainbow promising next time he'll deliver a BB10 device via a fairy on a Pegasus.
    LMFAO!!

Well I've already complained all over the forums as to my PRIV slowdowns and heat ups to the point of unbearable or just right down unusable. All that has been mentioned I have been experiencing since the Marshmallow (6.0) update in mid 2016. I've had my PRIV since Nov of 2015, the release date. Have had three replacements through T-Mo, one of the refurbished replacement's screen died 3 days after receiving. I've not had any issues with some of the physical slider issues people have complained of, but the OS performance is HORRID! Heaven forbid when I try sharing between apps, and I think I can draw the mapping faster by hand than my GPS maps functionality. I entertain myself by reporting the 5-10 times a day that my BlackBerry Launcher crashes. I'm only still using it bc I'm awaiting the KeyOne Black Ed. If I wasn't such a BlackBerry fan, I'd have traded up to a Moto, which is literally the fastest and simplest to use phone and Android Flavor on the market. I've already played with the current KeyOne and it seems better in every aspect. Looking forward to it!

And as for Nougat.... No Leprechauns at T-Mo, as they don't even have anymore PRIV replacements... just tried bc of a couple of dead pixels on my PRIV and they tried to send me an LG G5!
    08-20-17 11:21 AM
    I just got KEYone today and it is definitely faster than priv
    willyq711 likes this.
    08-20-17 11:19 PM
    Compared to a Pixel or S8 it is pretty slow and hangs sometimes. Especially when changing programs over the task manager, scrolling and so on.
    That doesn't make it a bad phone but it is not up to speed to other devices. Lots of things to love about on that phone.
    And yes I own all devices myself. So this is first hand experience.
    The only time it has lagged alittle is when I had around 7/8 apps opened, and the paged moved a little slower. Other than that it has been fast with no glitches.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-17 02:03 AM
126 ... 3456