I'm sure there will be plenty of updates forthcoming from BlackBerry over the coming months, to address optimizations. It's still very early, and the phone is barely even released.
    Ahem, Priv. There hasn't been nearly anything beyond the security updates for this device in a long while (and mine have been delayed as of late) so I'm not gonna hold my breath on BB optimizing anything.
    05-05-17 09:26 PM
    What is "productivity" you really do in your phone actually (other than communication)?
    Multi tasking. Browser, HUB, SMS, phone calls etc. It's efficiency.
    05-06-17 01:56 AM
    You forgot to mention typing longer emails with less or no auto-correction, meaning less tiring eyes to scan for words so that email is in context.

An emails nowadays many just reply a one liner. There are people who have always worked directly from the phone.

First the industry flirted with full glass phones and then stated you need even bigger screen (aka bigger phones or advent of tablets) to assess and respond to businesses etc with more accuracy and eventually keyboards were brought back to iPads and tablets.

In essence, there still a feeling among the community that physical keyboards help better from work/productivity point of view.

Yes you can argue but if you haven't totally used the physical keyboard for a few months, you wouldn't know the benefits.
    Last edited by TheBond; 05-06-17 at 03:17 AM.
    05-06-17 02:36 AM
    Most of it are about communication. Phone is just a phone, you won't do your job on a phone, it's just a tool that help you communicate with relatives and clients. I think most people don't think that productivity work is about communication only, that's why they also bring their notebook or tablet on the go to get their job done. Market it as productivity tools is misleading the main purpose, since no one do job on the phone, no wonder if blackberry won't sell many devices, because their targets just DONT do their jobs on the phone.
    05-06-17 02:59 AM
    Most of it are about communication. Phone is just a phone, you won't do your job on a phone, it's just a tool that help you communicate with relatives and clients. I think most people don't think that productivity work is about communication only, that's why they also bring their notebook or tablet on the go to get their job done. Market it as productivity tools is misleading the main purpose, since no one do job on the phone, no wonder if blackberry won't sell many devices, because their targets just DONT do their jobs on the phone.
    What are you talking about? My laptop was down for a few days and I was able to do my job just fine with out it. I have everything I need on the phone: call, text, email, access to Salesforce, Podio. dropbox, Evernote, Tasks lists, edit and send docs. I take picture and videos upload them to various social media apps. Notice I didn't say gaming... gave that up when I hit 20. Very little I need a computer for any more.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 08:34 AM
    What are you talking about? My laptop was down for a few days and I was able to do my job just fine with out it. I have everything I need on the phone: call, text, email, access to Salesforce, Podio. dropbox, Evernote, Tasks lists, edit and send docs. I take picture and videos upload them to various social media apps. Notice I didn't say gaming... gave that up when I hit 20. Very little I need a computer for any more.

Posted via CB10
    Good for you, I also do the same things for my work but that's all a simple tasks thing the phone could do. and I could easily done that with my phone that is not blackberry.
    05-06-17 09:51 AM
    Ahem, Priv. There hasn't been nearly anything beyond the security updates for this device in a long while (and mine have been delayed as of late) so I'm not gonna hold my breath on BB optimizing anything.
    I was also referring to the BlackBerry suite of apps like the hub. Those have all been updated for bug fix and performance improvements quite a number of times.
    05-06-17 11:50 AM
    This thing is blazing fast. Kills my Priv and the battery is impossible to kill. Four hours customising today and it's still alive and well and didn't lag once. Even SnapChat is flawless unlike the Priv.

And I should mention I'm using the Europe version on AT&T.

The 625 and the massive battery are amazing. Well done BlackBerry Mobile / TCL!
    Fantastic! Especially about Snapchat, I said in another thread, phones like the Priv with their +20nm SoCs were simply not built for an app like Snapchat, most phones built before 2016 don't handle Snapchat well.
    05-06-17 03:07 PM
    snapdragon 625 is snappy but snapdragon 821 is much more snappy than 625. Even Kirin 950,960 chips are much faster than 625 but 625 wins the battery consumption level. If you play game a lot, snapdragon 625 is probably not the best chipset. Snapdragon 625 is excellent choice but I wish blackberry keyone had option to choose higher end chipset.
    How did you find the info about 625 vs Kirin? Can you provide a link? I ask because I have the Honor 8 and was curious of how much of a difference I'd see in performance with the K1
    05-06-17 03:20 PM
    How did you find the info about 625 vs Kirin? Can you provide a link? I ask because I have the Honor 8 and was curious of how much of a difference I'd see in performance with the K1
    Actually I also have honor 8 as well. Honor 8 is definitely much much better phone except battery life.

Here is honor 8 vs moto z play (snapdragon 625 /w 3gb ram)

Mobile 2016 Benchmarks - Compare Products on AnandTech
    05-06-17 03:47 PM
    Actually I also have honor 8 as well. Honor 8 is definitely much much better phone except battery life.

Here is honor 8 vs moto z play (snapdragon 625 /w 3gb ram)

Mobile 2016 Benchmarks - Compare Products on AnandTech
    Can you talk more about much better - such as in what ways? I read the article you sent but I mean can you talk more about everyday usage? The speed of the 950 is incredibly fast. One of the reasons I bought the Honor 8 was because it beat almost every phone on speed tests.
    05-06-17 04:04 PM
    Can you talk more about much better - such as in what ways? I read the article you sent but I mean can you talk more about everyday usage? The speed of the 950 is incredibly fast. One of the reasons I bought the Honor 8 was because it beat almost every phone on speed tests.
    If you buy keyone, you won't see much difference in everyday usage except for gaming, heavy multitasking, slight slower heavy app opening like 0.2mm sec lol. But battery life on snapdragon 625 is the best mobil chip I've used. It's bit slower for me, but it's not that noticeable. Honor 8 is better than my moto g5 plus: Better camera, build quality, better finger senor, better screen, faster cpu/gpu.
    05-06-17 05:09 PM
    Is what you are taking about??
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone is VERY fast.-79451.jpg  
    05-06-17 08:11 PM
    Can some one chime in to what the heck all the items are in the development mode wow there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff ??
    05-06-17 08:23 PM
    05-07-17 12:47 PM
    Yeah it must be because I'm a hardcore, all-day user, and I've NEVER used a phone that can keep up with my in performance and battery life like this device.

The $549 tag is a bargain to say the least. The battery KILLS the S8.

If you want a phone to game on, then get your toy Android / iPhone but this thing is a productivity machine people!
    Jesus christ lolll
    05-07-17 01:17 PM
    Check this new release from Qualcomm. This means 625 is still very new and I trust it should be very fast and KEYtwo could use 630 that is coming out later.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 Mobile Platforms Drive Advanced Photography, Enhanced Gaming, Integrated Connectivity and Machine Learning

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/qualco...020000954.html

The following is part of the release information,

The Snapdragon 630, which succeeds the Snapdragon 625, offers a 30 percent increase in the Adreno 508 GPU performance over its predecessor, as well as a 10 percent increase in CPU performance over its predecessor. Both platforms are designed to offer excellent battery life;
    05-08-17 10:45 PM
    Speed is relative. If you are coming from an iphone 7, galaxy s7/s8, google pixel or any flagship released within the last year then the Keyone is likely going to feel relatively slower and maybe a little choppy in comparison. If you're coming from an older flagship or a somewhat recent midranger, then the Keyone will be a slight to a major upgrade in terms of speed. It all comes down to what you've become accustomed to with your previous phone.

I've spent the last 6 months with a corrupted galaxy note 4 that could barely function and ended up getting bricked last week so now I'm stuck using my Uncles iphone 4 from 2010 until the 31st when I can pickup the Keyone in America. I am so looking forward to a phone that will feel damn near instantaneous with its speed.
    05-09-17 12:48 AM
    Quick update - two weeks in now and still VERY fast and the keyboard is incredible as well. Really gotten use to the traditional BlackBerry keyboard again since my Q10 days. Loving this!
    05-15-17 03:51 PM
    Someone need to confirm this but I heard that the KeyOne will one have one version across the world... will work CDMA and GSM
    No and yes. No, it is not the same software+firmware+hardware. But yes, it is the same basic underlying hardware. Given can't root and/or change firmware that pragmatically makes them different. There are three version . It is right on the BlackBerry Mobiles web site in the tech specs in the "Network and connectivity" section.

https://www.blackberrymobile.com/us/specifications.php

The modem in the Snapdragon 625 can do all. The firmware that covers the bands and perhaps some of the RF amps are slightly different. The bands covered have common intersections, but cellular service vendors in different areas use different combinations of frequencies.

Technically, GSM (the standards from 20 years ago) and CDMA are both aren't part of the newer common subset phones are going toward with 4G LTE Advanced and whatever 5G specs out as.

The European version happens to overlap pretty well with AT&T in the USA. T-mobile not as much ( missing band 12 which is most of there new stuff).

The USA V2 version has better overlap between the USA carriers ( except AT&T ).
    05-15-17 09:44 PM
    SnapChat, Chrome, Facebook (damn thing checks my location thousands of times. A day - turned off that permission!) and HUB are the biggest culprits for performance lag and battery consumption. At least on my PRIV, not sure as to KeyOne, as not sure if or how 7.1.1 better manages resources.
    06-15-17 08:55 AM
    See my post started back in March where I track monthly updates on my PRIV through T-Mobile (called "Just received my March update on T-Mobile and Wow!"). I get them every month without delay no later than the 15th, but usually before. I have to say, that since the March update, the overall stability and performance of my PRIV (except for BlackBerry Launcher crashing daily, HUB typing lag and sharing lag as well, but lets see after this update) has achieved levels not seen since my first 3 months of use almost 2 years ago. Keep in mind I'm a daily fast paced power user and have over 160+ apps installed. I have some tweaks of my own such as SD card install of some apps I use less and daily monitoring.

In the least, this has given me the opportunity to wait and see if T-Mobile will carry the KeyOne, as I do believe it's faster and seems to better manage resources.
    06-15-17 09:04 AM
    I restart my phone every morning before leaving. It definitely helps, especially since all my updates (which are plenty) take place overnight. My phone (PRIV) is slow as molasses especially at the pace I need to use it. That, and my BlackBerry Launcher crashes no less than 5 times a day, sometimes up to 10+. I got the above user beat but this is not my highest average use of memory....
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone is VERY fast.-118069.jpg  
    08-11-17 10:47 AM
    I restart my phone every morning before leaving. It definitely helps, especially since all my updates (which are plenty) take place overnight. My phone (PRIV) is slow as molasses especially at the pace I need to use it. That, and my BlackBerry Launcher crashes no less than 5 times a day, sometimes up to 10+. I got the above user beat but this is not my highest average use of memory....
    Damn... devices are not designed to be restarted regularly. This is not normal.
    08-11-17 12:07 PM
    You are correct.... yet if you ask around with the PRIV Power users, you'll find this to be quite the norm..... perhaps not daily, but not far from it.
    08-11-17 12:15 PM
126 ... 23456